Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 3: Flat On The Floor vs. Last Name

FOTF or LN?

• Flat On The Floor

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Last Name

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Farawayhills

"Flat on the Floor" is an easy winner for me this time. It's a deeper song, with more interesting music - and one that is more emotional, and arguably more of a vocal challenge.

"Last Name" is a good radio song, written and sung with a successful blend of "swept away" intensity and satire. Basically, though it strkes me as having a relatively short-lived impact - more in the nature of a "targeted" hit song than a memorable career milestone.

maddkat

Staff member
^ LN might not be a milestone but when the first notes erupt in concert the crowds go wild!It rocks.
But I think given the chance FOTF would too.:)
Going with FOTF

"Flat on the Floor" is an easy winner for me this time. It's a deeper song, with more interesting music - and one that is more emotional, and arguably more of a vocal challenge.

"Last Name" is a good radio song, written and sung with a successful blend of "swept away" intensity and satire. Basically, though it strkes me as having a relatively short-lived impact - more in the nature of a "targeted" hit song than a memorable career milestone.

This time I share the similar idea to Professor Farawayhills'

allamericangirl8

FOTF. I do like LN and I probably listen to it more often, but FOTF is more interesting.

The best quality about LN for me is its "sloppiness." It's hard to describe but everything feels a little sloppy and slightly out of place in the whole song, but intentionally, y'know? Like a hot drunken mess. I love it. Perfectly matches the mood.

Carrieflattsfan

"Flat On The Floor."

I really liked "Last Name" when it first came out, but I much prefer her live performances to the studio version. I have always really loved the lyrics, though; I know a lot of people think they're among her worst.

And the whole idea of the label trying to make it "BHC part II" just didn't work well for me; BHC is far superior, and I was glad when the label moved on so people could stop comparing them.

PRGuy79

Last Name is so, so fun! Rebel Carrie at her best. And a co-write. So, I have to vote for Last Name.

countrymusicfan15

and we have a tie!! less than a day left of voting. If there still happens to be a tie, I will open a new poll for an hour, and we'll have a sudden death round!