Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3: Undo It vs What Can I Say

Undo It vs What Can I Say

• Undo It

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • What Can I Say

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liveasong

Normally, I would pick WCIS over UI.............

BUT......

Carrie performs the little Jesus out of Undo It and it makes me appreciate the song more! :)

Burst

I love WCIS, but I honestly think it gets lost amongst her other ballads sometimes. I voted Undo It (partially because of pity) because it's a fun, upbeat song that's actually my most played from PO.

Carrieflattsfan

I've never been a huge fan of WCIS, but it destroys Undo It. Beautiful lyrics, and I love, love love the falsetto.

I honestly think WCIS will hold up well for Carrie, and will be remembered as a gem down the road. It shows a different side to her voice, and the lyrics are simple, but still really powerful. I love the phrasing and melody, because it's not a chlice breakup song to me. It expresses regret, heartbreak and doubt, but it's still bittersweet. Yeah, it hurt, but it's still a part of me type message. I don't always think you have to regret mistakes, so I love all the emotions of the lyrics.

Undo It is a great concert song, but it doesn't hold a candle to WCIS in this case.

Zman312

I finally decided that PO is least favorite album of Carrie's. The reason I say this because this is the only album where I skip the most songs. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the songs on PO but over all, I skipped some song (Quitter, Change, LAM, UD, UnA, CC and TH). So based on that, I think SH is my favorite as I love the flow of the album!!!

Lyrically UI is a very weak but I love the EDGYNESS of the song and I loved it at the concert but WCIS is very beautiful and I love the opening line but don't like Ashley's parts. He kind of kills the song for me but WCIS is a better song than UI. Therefore, I went with WCIS.

dsfox2009

The pick was easy for me. Undo It gets my vote again. While I do love WCIS, I've never understood everyone's fascination with it. While I do think that it is in fact a beautiful song, it just doesn't stack up to some of the others on the album for me personally. However, I do think it could have done somewhat well as a single with the right promotion. Undo It is just...sigh. It definitely has found its way into my top 3 for this album :)

allamericangirl8

While I do love WCIS, I've never understood everyone's fascination with it.

Define "everyone." Sure, people were on board with it when it first came out, but since, it feels like only Jess and me really care about it anymore. Just go through this thread. I don't get what's not to love about it. I get not loving AAG or TBC or most of my favorites, but there's is literally nothing wrong or even mediocre about WCIS. People always say, "Ashley's vocals," but I don't get what's wrong with his vocals. His voice is certainly stronger than all the other male country artists' that people have suggested in the past.

dsfox2009

Define "everyone." Sure, people were on board with it when it first came out, but since, it feels like only Jess and me really care about it anymore. Just go through this thread. I don't get what's not to love about it. I get not loving AAG or TBC or most of my favorites, but there's is literally nothing wrong or even mediocre about WCIS. People always say, "Ashley's vocals," but I don't get what's wrong with his vocals. His voice is certainly stronger than all the other male country artists' that people have suggested in the past.

I guess when I say "everyone", I was just stuck in the past days when everyone was hoping and praying that it would be released as a single at some point in time. Maybe now that the steam has finally gone down around the song things are a little bit different. Although, it is in fact winning in the poll so SOME other people tend to agree with you and Jess :p

For me personally though, I can't really give you an answer as to why the song isn't one of my favorites. I will admit that I am a little more partial to SWISLY, but that doesn't mean I can't like WCIS. I think Ashley's vocals are fine, so it's definitely not that. Idk...there's just something that I can't put my finger on about it. I do like the song. I just don't LOVE the song.

allamericangirl8

I guess when I say "everyone", I was just stuck in the past days when everyone was hoping and praying that it would be released as a single at some point in time. Maybe now that the steam has finally gone down around the song things are a little bit different. Although, it is in fact winning in the poll so SOME other people tend to agree with you and Jess :p

For me personally though, I can't really give you an answer as to why the song isn't one of my favorites. I will admit that I am a little more partial to SWISLY, but that doesn't mean I can't like WCIS. I think Ashley's vocals are fine, so it's definitely not that. Idk...there's just something that I can't put my finger on about it. I do like the song. I just don't LOVE the song.

It's winning because Undo It is an undeniably lower quality song, though, not because people are still drooling over it. I bet if it goes up against SWISLY, it'll be absolutely pummeled (while back in '09, it would've been pretty close).

That's fine, I suppose. I guess I have the same feeling about SWISLY. I still don't get what's so damn special about that song, especially in comparison to WCIS. :p

maddkat

Staff member
It's winning because Undo It is an undeniably lower quality song, though, not because people are still drooling over it. I bet if it goes up against SWISLY, it'll be absolutely pummeled (while back in '09, it would've been pretty close).

That's fine, I suppose. I guess I have the same feeling about SWISLY. I still don't get what's so damn special about that song, especially in comparison to WCIS. :p

I agree with you.I have never gotten what was so special about SDWISLY. It has some nice lyrics but basically it's a snoozefest. I often skipped it when listening to PO.I find WCIS much more interesting both lyrically and musically.So it'll get my vote if they go head to head.

Farawayhills

I think "What Can I Say" is by far the superior song of the two, both lyrically and musically. They're both Carrie co-writes - but in WCIS I think she's been more creative and ambitious. She's writing here with Steve McEwen (who also co-wrote some of Carrie's best album tracks, including SWISLY, IKYW and JAD - and although this is the first time he's actually written with Carrie herself, I think he understands her range and talent pretty well). Although , personally, I'm not a huge fan of Carrie's use of falsetto, I give her full credit for making it a prominent feature of this song, as it adds to its character and vocal experimentation. Another interesting feature is the complex vocal towards the end, when the two singers sing contrasting themes instead of harmonizing.

dsfox2009

Haha. See...this is what I love about Carrie's music. I guess it could be said about all artists' music in some way, but Carrie's more so than others that I have noticed. All of the material is so great, that everyone can differ on which of her songs are superior to others and there is NEVER a right or wrong answer. I am sure that WCIS will win this round, although I still have a special liking to UI that many others do not share with me haha. It's gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the rounds play out. I have a strong feeling that the last round will be WCIS and SWISLY though :p

sam_vzla

Hey! What about me? You can include me in that list.

Who's crazy enough to not like TBC?

A poll between WCIS and TBC, now THAT would be difficul for me, so...dont do it :p