Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 5: GOOTT vs So Small

GOOTT or SS?

• Get Out Of This Town

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • So Small

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

countrymusicfan15

It wasn't an easy feat, but Get Out Of This Town conquered Last Name. Now it faces off against the fan-favorite So Small. Will it be an upset or a clean sweep?? Voting will be open for 4 days!!

carebear4eva

Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.

Carrieflattsfan

I love both, but "So Small" will always be one of my favorite Carrie ballads. There's something very special about it; I'll always love it.

epicamends

This round makes me sad. GOOTT is one of my all-time fave Carrie songs, and hugely underrated. However, SS is my all-time ultimate fave Carrie song, and I can't ever vote against it.

PRGuy79

For so many reasons, it just has to be So Small! The lead single off of Carrie's second album, her first single with a co-write, those beautiful lyrics and that amazing video. It is no contest for me. :)

Burst

I love both. They're #s 3 and 4 on my top songs of CR list. I'm gonna go with So Small, but it's a super hard choice.

"Get Out of This Town" , of course.

"Get Out of This Town" is the song I've listened to the most in life (over 2,100 times).

In term of lyrics, I'm sure that I prefer the lyrics of "Get Out of This Town" and see that this song is much happier than "So Small".

The contents of both songs can be seen as about love.

"Get Out of This Town" has a stronger will because it is about 2 people who are trying to get out of their current situation. And they seem to believe in their own abilities to realize their plan.

"So Small", in contrast, does not have such a strong will. It is a lesson about the people who have tried to climb a mountain without knowing that mountain is just a sand and they forget some true values of their own life. The people in this song didn't know how to get out of their difficult situations, and they wanted to "shut the world out".

I support "Get Out of This Town" because the content which believes in people's own abilities and mentions a strong love

countrymusicfan15

Ummm...Didn't you say voting would on the previous poll would be open for 4 days? I was holding off voting to see what it was like near the end. That was a little unfair.

ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!! :D

carebear4eva

ooh sorry I thought it had been 4 days...just checked and you are right! Sunday would have been 4 days, not Saturday. Sorry for jumping the gun...I think we all know SS was gonna dominate whether it was LN or GOOTT lol and ummmm...waiting til the end to tip the boat one way or the other. That seems a little unfair too! hahahaha jk jk voting will be open for this poll until WEDNESDAY!!! :D

Lol, it's fine...But, FWIW (@Nicole) I was gonna vote for LN there, which would have tied LN with GOOTT! LN is the superior song by miles.

No, I'm just kidding...I was gonna vote for LN, but it was a hard one...LN just wins on the "fun" card, though :)

And yes, I'm glad I'm not seeing LN getting pounded right now.

I honestly don't like SS all that much...I've definitely listened to it more than I have GOOTT, and Carrie was definitely possessed by an angel during her CMA performance of the song...But I just disagree with the line "Love is all that matters after all". *shrug* I think knowledge trumps love.

Still a pretty song, though, and an excellent first single and very clearly conveyed the message "Yes, I had one hit album now watch me have the career you're all gonna envy".

dsfox2009

I had to vote for GOOTT, only because of the fact that it is so far behind in the votes. I love both songs almost equally, so this was the only way in which I could have been able to decide :p