Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 6: So Small vs. Just A Dream

SS or JAD?

• So Small

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Just A Dream

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

countrymusicfan15

This will probably be the most interesting round yet! 2 fan-favorite power ballads facing off! So Small and Just A Dream!

Voting will be open until SUNDAY at 5:50 p.m.

Burst

Just a Dream. My favourite Carrie song of all time (only rivaled by Wasted, SWISLY and Blown Away)

Carrieflattsfan

JAD is the better song, but I adore SS more than words.

Carrie's CMA performances of SS & JAD are two of my favorite performances ever from her.

Both are flawless, but SS is so special to me; it gets my vote.

gocountrymusic

I thought last round was hard even though the round itself wasn't close. I have to go with JAD though. It was just so poignant at the time of its release and while it might have benefited from a softer production choice, the lyrics and vocal delivery are stellar. If it loses to SS though I won't be that upset.

PRGuy79

Two great songs! I love them both. They are both classic Carrie. But I'm going with "So Small" because it makes me feel happy and reminds me to count my blessings, whereas Just a Dream leaves me sad. Both are so powerful!

Farawayhills

"Just A Dream" by a long way for me.

Although both have some similarity in the choice of a power vocal, this is the stronger song, with more memorable lyrics and, I think, a better transition between the quieter build up and the full vocal climax. Also, it's arguable that the sense of frustration, disbelief, loss and anger in the underlying emotion are better suited to the power delivery. A brave theme to tackle, and one of Carrie's all-time classics.

epicamends

Okay, well it's a good thing I didn't notice this poll until after it had closed, because there is no way I could have chosen between those two songs. <3