Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6: Temporary Home vs Cowboy Casanova

Temporary Home vs Cowboy Casanova

• Temporary Home

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Cowboy Casanova

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simonplay

My 2 favorite songs from Play On! I have to go with Cowboy Casanova one of the best Carrie records!!! I still remember the first day I heard it! CC sound so different to all of her songs, love that song.

Carrieflattsfan

I like both, but I gotta go with CC. It's completely different from
anything Carrie has done before, and was a fantastic choice for a lead single. Carrie has so much fun when she sings it live, and I thought it was the perfect tour opener, as well.

Schrodinger

Come on all TH lovers!!!! Are you going let some snake with blue eyes, that's nothing but candy coated misery beat TH. I don't think so ...our song is not afraid because it knows it is Temporary Home"

Farawayhills

These two are both Carrie co-writes, and illustrate her breadth of choice in style and theme. As I said in an earlier round, TH strikes a good balance between Carrie's social concerns and her religious faith. Rather surprisingly to me, some people seem to miss this balance, and interpret the song wholly as focusing on the soul's journey to Heaven - despite the line "someday we'll find a place here in this world", which Carrie sings with rising emphasis at almost exactly the halfway point of the song. To me, this song has always been as much about practical concerns as about the final death scene, and I regard it as a strong piece of writing, and as one of Carrie's more personal songs.

CC has more interesting music (the weak point in TH for me, though that song is saved by its pure and sincere vocal) - but I find CC rather limited lyrically. Of Carrie's trademark "bad guy warning" songs, CC doesn't strike me as the most interesting (and is already beaten for me on this album by the under-rated, but in my view, musically superior and lyrically more biting SLT.) All told, CC, I'm afraid rather quickly lost its impact for me (though I do give it credit for a bold video)

So my vote in this round goes again to TH.

carebear4eva

the poll doesn't close until tomorrow and CC is not that far ahead of TH, TH still has a shot at winning.

Lol, no, I meant CC wins for me, cuz I was majorly on the fence for this one.

It's pretty much certain that CC will end up winning, anyway, though.

Schrodinger

These two are both Carrie co-writes, and illustrate her breadth of choice in style and theme. As I said in an earlier round, TH strikes a good balance between Carrie's social concerns and her religious faith. Rather surprisingly to me, some people seem to miss this balance, and interpret the song wholly as focusing on the soul's journey to Heaven - despite the line "someday we'll find a place here in this world", which Carrie sings with rising emphasis at almost exactly the halfway point of the song. To me, this song has always been as much about practical concerns as about the final death scene, and I regard it as a strong piece of writing, and as one of Carrie's more personal songs.

CC has more interesting music (the weak point in TH for me, though that song is saved by its pure and sincere vocal) - but I find CC rather limited lyrically. Of Carrie's trademark "bad guy warning" songs, CC doesn't strike me as the most interesting (and is already beaten for me on this album by the under-rated, but in my view, musically superior and lyrically more biting SLT.) All told, CC, I'm afraid rather quickly lost its impact for me (though I do give it credit for a bold video)

So my vote in this round goes again to TH.

SEE You tell'm Farawayhills!!!!!! TH all the way.