Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 7: Inside Your Heaven vs Some Hearts

"Inside Your Heaven" vs "Some Hearts"

• "Inside Your Heaven"

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • "Some Hearts"

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both "That's Where It Is" and "Inside Your Heaven" received 11 votes in round 6, but "Inside Your Heaven" advanced because this song was chosen by the first answerer clr_hilary.

In this round, "Inside Your Heaven" vs "Some Hearts".

Voting will be open for 3 days.

If the 2 songs are tied at the end, the song chosen by the first answerer will advance

-------

Special thanks to countrymusicfan15 - the creator of "Carnival Ride" face-off game

mlawlor

We could always (to judge the song, not Carrie) compare Bo Bice's IYH with Marshall Crenshaw's SH...

allamericangirl8

That's absolute bullchetta.

I'm outta here. I'll return to vote for Wasted, but I'm so done with this game. IYH should not have received a single vote. Period. Music taste is subjective except when it comes to TWII, IYH, Nirvana, and Led Zeppelin. That's when you've crossed a line.

Edit: Wait, I might be back for The Night Before, too. SH's flawlessness is sucking out all the drama from my dramatic exit. :rolleyes:

Carrieflattsfan

I'm outta here. I'll return to vote for Wasted, but I'm so done with this game. IYH should not have received a single vote. Period. Music taste is subjective except when it comes to TWII, IYH, Nirvana, and Led Zeppelin. That's when you've crossed a line.

Edit: Wait, I might be back for The Night Before, too. SH's flawlessness is sucking out all the drama from my dramatic exit. :rolleyes:

No GN'R, Nicole? :p

mlawlor

Some Hearts, if only because of the cute "Some Hearts jump" on every Carnival Ride Tour performance :)

william0102

But I like all of those and IYH cuz it makes me smile.

allamericangirl8

I like IYH, too. I just think it is of significantly less quality compared to the rest of Carrie's material. It's all about relativity.

Carrieflattsfan

I personally never vote for these polls based on "the best song," but rather on which one I like more. IYH is very special to Carrie and her fans because of the Idol connection, but I still don't think there's any way it should've even had a shot at taking down "That's Where It Is."

"Inside Your Heaven" is still the weakest song Carrie has ever recorded by a HUGE margin, IMO. I can't even believe it received any votes, let alone won this poll. :p

allamericangirl8

I actually think Unapologize and Play On are weaker.

I just feel like on these polls sometimes people don't vote for their favorite or the best song. They vote based on a random fact about the opposing song or something. Like how IYH got votes because it was Carrie's coronation song. It's not TWII's fault it was too good to be a coronation song. :'( I remember BA got some votes just because of how well it was performing as a single (and FC lost votes because it wasn't single material D: ). And I mean, you can vote however you want, but that doesn't mean I won't judge you for it. :p

Carrieflattsfan

I actually think Unapologize and Play On are weaker.

I just feel like on these polls sometimes people don't vote for their favorite or the best song. They vote based on a random fact about the opposing song or something. Like how IYH got votes because it was Carrie's coronation song. It's not TWII's fault it was too good to be a coronation song. :'( I remember BA got some votes just because of how well it was performing as a single (and FC lost votes because it wasn't single material D: ). And I mean, you can vote however you want, but that doesn't mean I won't judge you for it. :p

I can't even stand to listen to IYH, unless she's singing it live. The studio version does absolutely nothing for me. "Play On" and "Unapologize" are near the bottom of the pack for me, too, but I still would put IYH below them.

I like certain aspects of PO and "Unapologize, whereas I can barely even stand to listen to IYH anymore.

PO is cliche as hell, but I really Carrie's vocal performance, and I would put MS, IYH and There's A Place For Us below it for that reason alone. I don't really hate anything about "Unapologize; I actually really like the lyrics, and I adore some aspects of the vocal performances. My issue mainly has to do with the EXTREMELY pop arrangement, and something about it, combined with the lyrics, just doesn't quite click for me.

epicamends

I refuse to vote in protest that IYH beat TWII. I have no idea how IYH won the last round. I always thought it was universally accepted that IYH is Carrie's worst song ever, no matter what sentiments are attached to it.

clh_hilary

Haters gon' hate.

"Inside Your Heaven" slays life. Dethroned Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" from #1 (Which Bo Bice's rendition, Rihanna's "Pon de Replay", Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone", etc. failed to do), biggest-selling single of the year despite releasing late, gazillion weeks at #1 on Country physical singles chart, certified Gold TWICE without getting a Platinum certification, charted on Hot Country Songs without promotion whatsoever, etc. The first utterances of the Country Legend.