Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 8: So Small vs. The More Boys I Meet

SS or TMBIM?

• So Small

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • The More Boys I Meet

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

countrymusicfan15

Well, like they say, don't underestimate the impossible and never say never lol that's all I'm gonna say about this round :D

Poll will remain open until the middle of the night on Thursday (early Friday morning) :p

countrymusicfan15

Also, now that we're getting closer to the end of the CR era for this game, is there someone who wants to create the polls for Some Hearts. I don't mind at all doing it (I love doing these kinds of things), so I definitely don't mind continuing it for the SH era. Just let me know! :D

desubear

Tough stuff... Hm I guess I'd have to pick so smallpox. It's too bad TMBIM had to go up against SS. It would have seen so many rounds.

PRGuy79

I voted for So Small again; however, I do like TMBIM a lot. In fact, I was rooting for it to be a single when Carnival Ride came out. Carnival Ride is still my favorite all-around album. So many great songs!

countrymusicfan15

I voted for So Small again; however, I do like TMBIM a lot. In fact, I was rooting for it to be a single when Carnival Ride came out. Carnival Ride is still my favorite all-around album. So many great songs!

The station I listen to actually played TMBIM for a few weeks when it was rumored to be the 5th single. While it was nice to hear it, they didn't play ITYS when it was first released because they were still stuck on TMBIM lol so I was a little upset about that.

Farawayhills

(One interesting aside about the "So Small" video is that Christian Kane - who played the demonic lawyer, Lindsey, in the TV series "Angel" - acts in it. Christian also has a Country Music career of his own. You can hear him singing an updated version of the Outlaw classic "Luckenbach, Texas" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNsweYBDsnY

I'm being nice to "So Small" because I can see it's running away with this round and must be a huge favourite - but I have to confess, try as I might, I just can't warm to it. I do think Carrie puts in a great performance in acoustic versions (such as the Songwriters session) - but we're voting on the album track, and I find the arrangement so over the top, that (despite some good writing from Carie, Hillary and Luke), I just can't get past that.

By contrast, I do like "The More Boys I Meet". This comes across to me as more firmly rooted in the modern Country genre, and is another example, for me, of how Steve McEwen can give Carrie some songs that suit her well. It contains some wry, witty lines:
"He sees my future as having a past"
"Thinks he's bad to the bone"
"Oversize pants, with an ego to match"
These are put-down lines, with a hint of innuendo, softened by the very apt (for Carrie and many of her fans) reference to her dog, Put down songs are popular - and most of the top female singers use them. Carrie's, for me comes across as one of the best of the type, delivered with a feisty sense of fun and humour, which includes an underlying believable sense of independence. This is one of the points where she reminds me of Tanya Tucker - a favourite singer of mine, who's known to like Carrie herself. This gets my vote.

By contrast, I do like "The More Boys I Meet". This comes across to me as more firmly rooted in the modern Country genre, and is another example, for me, of how Steve McEwen can give Carrie some songs that suit her well. It contains some wry, witty lines:
"He sees my future as having a past"
"Thinks he's bad to the bone"
"Oversize pants, with an ego to match"
These are put-down lines, with a hint of innuendo, softened by the very apt (for Carrie and many of her fans) reference to her dog, Put down songs are popular - and most of the top female singers use them. Carrie's, for me comes across as one of the best of the type, delivered with a feisty sense of fun and humour, which includes an underlying believable sense of independence. This is one of the points where she reminds me of Tanya Tucker - a favourite singer of mine, who's known to like Carrie herself. This gets my vote.

Thanks Professor Farawayhills so much. I have never known Tanya Tucker before but now I'm checking her out and listening to some songs of hers.

"The More Boys I Meet" is currently the 5th song I've listened to the most in life (about 1200 times) behind 4 other Carrie songs. By contrast, I've listened to "So Small" over 300 times

Carrieflattsfan

Definitely SS for me. TMBIM is a song I never liked. Then again, I don't have a dog.

I adore my dog, and I've never liked TMBIM. :p.

It's one of those songs I feel like I should love because I relate to it...but I don't. CR is a perfect album, but this one, in particular, was a misstep for me.