Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 9: So Small vs. I Know You Won't

SS or IKYW?

• So Small

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I Know You Won't

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

countrymusicfan15

So Small may have finally met its match. The inspirational power ballad up against the love power ballad.

Voting will be open for 3 days...until SUNDAY night!

epicamends

Ugh this round is evil. EVIL. I know I do prefer the live versions of IKYW over the CD version, so that might be the deciding factor for me. But I can't vote yet.

allamericangirl8

So Small.

Nothing against I Know You Won't, but when my mom's sad or grumpy, she blasts IKYW for hours on end, and well, the song doesn't sound as great when you hear it periodically with the volume knob up to an 11 for 6 hours straight.

maddkat

Staff member
now this is a tough decision.I'll have to give it some serious thought and get back.

thunder92

I went with IKYW. If it were just on the studio version, SS would have had my vote but I know you wont live is just too breath taking

simonplay

I vote for SS in all the rounds but this one is for IKYW!!!

Carrie is the ONLY person in the world that can sing this song with all that EPIC notes!!

Kelly Clarkson you tried but NOT! LOL :p

epicamends

Okay, I've made my decision. Still sticking with So Small. I absolutely love IKYW, but its studio version does not hold up to its live performances, so I had to give the edge to SS. If we were voting on live versions, I'd probably vote for IKYW (but if it were the CMA Songwriters Series version of SS, I don't think I'd be able to choose).

Plus, So Small just has such a special meaning to me. It has helped me get through a lot of tough moments, and it was also one of the first Carrie songs I fell in love with when I first discovered her.

My vote goes to "So Small". In term of meaningful lyrics, I prefer the lyric of "So Small" because it provides a lesson.

I've listened to "So Small" (studio+acoustic versions) nearly 400 times. By contrast, "I Know You Won't" is one of the Carrie songs I've listened to the least (under 100 times)

allirishgirl

Okay, I've made my decision. Still sticking with So Small. I absolutely love IKYW, but its studio version does not hold up to its live performances, so I had to give the edge to SS. If we were voting on live versions, I'd probably vote for IKYW (but if it were the CMA Songwriters Series version of SS, I don't think I'd be able to choose).

Plus, So Small just has such a special meaning to me. It has helped me get through a lot of tough moments, and it was also one of the first Carrie songs I fell in love with when I first discovered her.

this was by far the best live version of SS!!

Burst

So Small is beating all my favourites :(
I picked I Know You Won't. My 2nd favourite from the CD.

PRGuy79

I'm voting for So Small again! But I do agree that the live version of IKYW is unmatched. Simply stunning.

jptexas

I know you won't.

I'm currently dropping off my girls at the AT&T center in San Antonio for the Bieber concert. Way too expensive for a girl singer.

Well, except for Carrie.

Farawayhills

I know you won't.

I'm currently dropping off my girls at the AT&T center in San Antonio for the Bieber concert. Way too expensive for a girl singer.

Well, except for Carrie.

(Ha, ha, Emily Robison also took her daughter to the Bieber concert, & tweeted that the girl was in hook, line and sinker!)

I think both the songs in this round can be better when Carrie sings them live - but I much prefer "I Know You Won't", so that gets my vote