Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**ROUND 9 sudden death: SS vs. IKYW

SS or IKYW?

• So Small

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I Know You Won't

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

countrymusicfan15

ok because SS and IKYW are currently tied 20-20 and we are past the poll's deadline, we are moving into a sudden death round. Poll will only be open until midnight tonight AZ time (7 hours from now) :D

gocountrymusic

I Know You Won't might be one of Carrie's most impressive vocal's live and it does create a certain "moment" in concert for her. With that being said though I really believe that So Small is just as awe-inspiring and it is backed by a sort of epic production that fits the whole message of the song. It also resonates me a little longer than IKYW after the performance is said and done. So with that being said I vote for So Small.

william0102

Her holding out the notes is why I like it. To me, holding out the notes really sells the heart break and anger; it's like the musical equivalent of mixing the two and letting out those feelings in a heartfelt wail.

I'm not saying the song is perfect because I do think there were different words that would have made more sense to really hit/throw some power behind. If I had my way the high/falsetto (not sure of the term) "I" would be gone, but even those notes I appreciate because I can think of it in an emotional context- that quick high gasp of air before the sobs start again.

allamericangirl8

It's not that she's holding out the notes (worded that wrong sorry). It's that she's keeping them at a static volume. I wish she would crescendo or diminuendo or something instead of keeping it at mf the whole time.

Carrieflattsfan

It's not that she's holding out the notes (worded that wrong sorry). It's that she's keeping them at a static volume. I wish she would crescendo or diminuendo or something instead of keeping it at mf the whole time.

One of my biggest issues with IKYW is that she's singing it so 'straight.' There's, like, no character in the studio version, but she pours her heart out live.

epicamends

One of my biggest issues with IKYW is that she's singing it so 'straight.' There's, like, no character in the studio version, but she pours her heart out live.

I was just going to say - there's so much passion and emotion in her live vocal of IKYW. But yeah, that's not all there in the studio version. I'm pretty sure my IKYW from the 2009 PCA's has about 3x as many plays on my iPod as the studio IKYW.

maddkat

Staff member
wow sudden death but only for a few hours??Booooo
I still vote SS, It was robbed by the shorten sd vote.