Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales from USA Today (2/2/11)

Pi314CA

Finally, sales number for Carrie. UI crosses 1 million. :)

Carrie Underwood, Mama's Song (10,000, -21%, 346,000)
Carrie Underwood, Temporary Home (8,000, -36%, 670,000)
Carrie Underwood, Undo It (7,000, -4%, 1.006 million)
Carrie Underwood, Cowboy Casanova (5,000, -11%, 1.579 million)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (5,000, -5%, 3.154 million)
Carrie Underwood, All-American Girl (4,000, -2%, 1.324 million)

Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride (2,000, +55%, 3.173 million)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (2,000, +5%, 7.080 million)

'American Idol' audition performances boost download sales - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

undrwood9098

FINALLY, another Platinum single. :)

I'm actually confident that MS will go Gold. It may take all year, but it'll go Gold. :)

Cps235

I am glad to see the numbers for Undo It! Congrats Carrie for another platinum single! This is amazing :). Mama's song isn't doing too bad. It will definitely reach gold status by the end of the year :)

Thanks for posting!!!!

carrie is 2.8 million in sales behind swsrn average sales for Carrie as of this week per album are 4.065.000 so for average sales she's just ahead of swsrn

and just a hair below what mariah carey was at for average per album sales at this point in music boxes release in September of 1994 or 335k ahead of where Carrie is now

pkc4rls

I don't think Carrie is leaving Arista, I think it just means she wants to take some off time before she releases a new song to radio. Even when a lot of people say she could have a song on the radio climbing naturally without doing anything, I think having a song on the carts requires always some work from her. Plus, if they're going to come out with album #4 earlier this year (I mean, earlier compared to previuos album-release-dates), leaving some off-Carrie time on the radio is very smart.
UI definitly passed the millon mark this week, so in a few weeks, we'll have that certification!

Well, personally I don't think most any of this is correct. She said she was not going to even start working on writing songs until Feb so I don't see how a new album can come out before the end of the year and I don't think Carrie decides if a new single gets released or not. I think the label does not want to release one, if it is true, so they aren't - whether it be a money issue due to marketing or whatever. And I don't think it is because of any over exposure or them trying to be smart and keep her off the air - because that does not seem to be all that smart on their part to me, at least not for her. I personally think it could be related to this whole push for others besides Carrie. There are new leaders in town at her label and maybe she is not quite as important to the new ones as the old ones and maybe they are more interested in getting more artists to the top then keeping Carrie at the top, which I think is logical to them in some fairy tail world of theirs but unfair. Why would you not want to, as a label, keep one of your biggest stars at the top in addition to any other pushes!!!?? Miranda will never achieve the status Carrie has in my opinion, no matter how much time and money they spend on her, so to me they are spinning their wheels for nothing to me - all just an opinion of course.

Thanks for all the sales information!!! Happy to see Undo It went over a million.

undrwood9098

carrie is 2.8 million in sales behind swsrn average sales for Carrie as of this week per album are 4.065.000 so for average sales she's just ahead of swsrn

and just a hair below what mariah carey was at for average per album sales at this point in music boxes release in September of 1994 or 335k ahead of where Carrie is now

Thanks for all that.
And the next time an SWSRN fan decides to shove it in our faces that their favorite is the top-selling artist, we can easily shove it in their faces that Carrie's on her heels. :)