Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret 'The Voice' contract says NBC can ignore votes and release talent's psych test

oldyfan

EXCLUSIVE: Secret 'The Voice' contract says NBC can ignore votes and release talent's psych tests on TV — and contestants who reveal details can be sued for up to $1M
The stiff contract protects NBC and the show's producers from possible legal action. But it also creates the potential for faking the production and denies contestants of any say. Contestants can be forced to undergo medical and psychological testing — and have the results revealed on TV.

Comments (87)
BY DON KAPLAN / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FRIDAY, MARCH 14, 2014, 2:30 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Secret 'The Voice' contract says NBC can ignore votes and release talent's psych tests on TV ? and contestants who reveal details can be sued for up to $1M - NY Daily News

allamericangirl8

I'd actually start watching The Voice if they released the psych evaluations of contestants. Wouldn't give a flying crap about their singing, but it's not like I ever did.

liz278

My friend's son is in a band with one of the contestants. He was on Shakira's team, and he was in the round on Tuesday. He lost the battle round. His name was Jeremy. But I was talking to my friend who is getting all the interesting tidbits, and she basically said, it is not in your best interest to win. They basically "own" you and you get no say in how you want your direction to go. Jeremy went on this because he wanted to get some direction from the coaches. And to get some exposure.

I agree with JB that in today's digital age, you won't get another Carrie or Kelly. And you have the over saturation of talent shows and you aren't going to get a Carrie again.