Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept 19, 2019] Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

Countryfan2448

Andrea Lorraine
@faiths2s
·
2m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
Thank you
@carrieunderwood
for beautiful evening. Your show was so amazing and meeting you tonight was such a blessing. Have a safe trip to your next show and thank you again.

dianne verrill
@verrill_dianne
·
1m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
You are awesome!!! Loved the show

Kimberly Moore
@kjmoore920
·
1m

Jesus Take the Wheel and Something in the Water

@carrieunderwood
#cryprettytour360 @ Sprint Center instagram.com/p/B2nr9BrpX1_oepvWLQ2dcFBeL13Xx6z_M2gu580/?igshid=17oqndhjy0szr…

Michelle

@carriekingdom
·
1m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
Queen!!

#EOTY

a
@alexisdanyele12
·
1m

@carrieunderwood
looking a little pregnant here. Are we expecting baby #3 ?? #CryPrettyTour360 #cryprettytour #CarrieUnderwood
EE4cTtAUcAAxtm3

Countryfan2448

Latisha Little
@LittleLatisha
·
2m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
The piano oops was great! Thanks for an amazing evening.

Kimberly Moore
@kjmoore920
·
1m

Precious pics of her family!

Stunning dresses!!!!

@carrieunderwood
#cryprettytour360 #morerhinestones @ Sprint Center instagram.com/p/B2nsSZSp-vQGri1a_m6VpwAqcI-Lj721d53c500/?igshid=b7qyftdk9v1n…

S D Wheeler

@ShirleyWhel07
·
1m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
I love your dress Carrie Sitting at the piano “Gorgeous” from head to toe

Heather Lea

@vetmed11
·
40s

I’ve never been to Kansas City for anything before but
@carrieunderwood
made my first trip here a memorable one!! #CryPrettyTour360

C U next week for that awesome amazing Nashville show!

Shane Stevens
@ssskcsportsfan
·
1m

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
Unbelievable show! All around the stage, set, and lights! And obviously you are an incredible singer and performer! I’m blown away that you can sing that amazing for 2.5 hours https://twitter.com/i/status/1174908515288092673

Jami Bunger
@JamiBunger
·
3m

Great night at the #CryPrettyTour360
EE4c973VUAAzz5r

Kimberly Moore
@kjmoore920
·
43s

“I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up, 4 wheel drive...”

@carrieunderwood
#cryprettytour360 #beforehecheats @ Sprint Center instagram.com/p/B2ns8ZjHT4gXOWBuBV72KzLdYLpYuk6baoKfC00/?igshid=1knjd5jzd8k89…

t u c k
@tucksterr
·
1m

Okay Carrie Underwood slayed the entire 2 hours she was singing & I love it

Kimberly Moore
@kjmoore920
·
1m

Cry Pretty

@carrieunderwood
#cryprettytour360 @ Sprint Center instagram.com/p/B2ntXw9pbEImUP11OpZcymuC9yOm3AoZ1LEe900/?igshid=17vs4w3192ro4…

drnik46
@drnik46
·
1m

Errybody else is sitting down, except for the woman directly in front of me. Must be a
@carrieunderwood
superfan. You get it, lady!
EE4fZhjUUAAwHe0

Kimberly Moore
@kjmoore920
·
1m

And in the end...LOVE WINS!!!

@carrieunderwood
#cryprettytour360 instagram.com/p/B2ntfw1H80bT7nO3fQIHMbSgON0wAtq85EC5Gk0/?igshid=fky75mizfair…

Rick Solar
@rick_solar
·
20s

Replying to
@carrieunderwood
The show was great tonight. Thanks for coming to KC.

Cindy Swatek
@CoachSwatek
·
1m

Where shall I pick up my Mom of the Year Award for scoring these sweet concert tix for my kiddo for Christmas?

#SheWaitedFOREVERforTonight
#ChristmasWas268DaysAgo #PatientKid #ManWeWereClose #CarrieUnderwood
EE4f95VU4AQ45Eh

maddkat

Staff member
https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article235199162.html

Carrie Underwood insisted, “You can’t be a woman in country music without a lot of bling-bling” as she modeled the third of the five sparkling outfits she wore during her headlining appearance at the Sprint Center on Thursday.

But Underwood, the owner of a powerhouse voice that seemed to shake the foundation of the arena during her two-hour appearance, didn’t require any embellishments to win over the audience of more than 12,000.

She and an eight-piece backing band performed on a futuristic oval stage in the center of the audience. The stage, augmented by mobile screens and hydraulic platforms, resembled the runway at an extravagant fashion show. The layout compelled Underwood and the women in the opening acts, Maddie & Tae and Runaway June, to constantly wave to fans as they circled the stage.

All of the women are as glamorous as supermodels, but their beauty is far less important than the talent they pour into their bold songs of female empowerment.

Since winning TV’s “American Idol” in 2005, Underwood has been one of country music’s most reliable stars. The Oklahoma native is touring in support of her sixth album, “Cry Pretty.”

The 36-year-old mother of two is a subtly subversive artist. For every ordinary love song and party anthem on the set list, she belted out a selection about a topical issue. The deliriously vapid “Southbound” was balanced by “Bullet,” a plea addressing the emotional toll of gun violence. The hilarious yarn “Last Name” was followed by the domestic violence saga “Church Bells.”

Underwood was joined by Maddie & Tae and Runaway June for a medley of beloved hits by female country artists, such as Patsy Cline. They each began their sets with a modern-day classic of their own. Runaway June’s “Buy My Own Drinks” is a potent ode to independence. Maddie & Tae’s “Girl in a Country Song” is a stinging rebuke of the casual sexism in many of the country hits sung by men.

By cushioning their protestations about the status quo with grace and humor, all three of Thursday’s acts could incite change while appearing to play the conventional roles dictated by the country music establishment. Citing her penchant for flashy clothes, Underwood joked, “I want this on my tombstone: ‘More rhinestones!’” Yet the actual legacy Underwood will one day leave behind was radiantly displayed on Thursday. She’s an artist who uses her remarkable voice to entertain and inspire in equal measure

Kizmet311

I love that short blue dress she wore at this show. Was that the first time she's worn it? The one from the piano picture.