Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept 21, 2019] Houston, TX Toyota Center

simonplay

^ that is a lot of empty seats, I'm not ready to see the numbers for Houston.. lol (even if that was for the weather)

txacar

She never tweeted about Houston. Was it a good crowd? I am a bit worried now.

I expect she sold at least 90-95%%, but there were empty seats because people simply couldn't get there. Interstate 10 is completely closed and many towns close by are still inundated with flooding. She should have known that although she did not acknowledge the hell Houston area has been through all week. She, also, lost a week of last minute sales because nobody knew until the last day if the concert would be postponed, and thousands were too busy dealing with the floods to even think about the concert.

The crowd roared for her, even though we had to wait 50 minutes after Maddie and Tae finished their set, and the noise level did not abate throughout the concert. I think we were worthy of a 15 second tweet.

Last edited:

simonplay

She didn't post a video for every single concert, and she posted a video for both Kansas and Wichita together so maybe she will do the same with Houston and tonight's concert.

txacar

She didn't post a video for every single concert, and she posted a video for both Kansas and Wichita together so maybe she will do the same with Houston and tonight's concert.

I know, I saw the Kansas tweet. It's just me. I liked it better when she acknowledged each city after the concert. However, I do understand she's campaigning for EOTY and wants to show off the beauty and complexity of the tour, and I don't blame her for wanting to get as much bang for her buck as possible with the videos.

txacar

Carrie could have move it to another date since some couldn't get there

I don't imagine she had any way of knowing how many would be involved. In 2016, there were still many empty seats when the concert took place a week later. It's just too bad that she (and our town) had this luck 2 consecutive tours.

Countryfan2448

I don't imagine she had any way of knowing how many would be involved. In 2016, there were still many empty seats when the concert took place a week later. It's just too bad that she (and our town) had this luck 2 consecutive tours.

Yeah that's what i meant. But moving it could had gone either way. I'm not blaming Carrie for the weather she just doing the job that she there's for.

txacar

Well, I'm going to bed. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself because she ignored us. She put great posts and pictures on instagram and facebook for Lafayette, though.

oldyfan

I think it’s difficult to say what a wonderful time she had when so many are affected by the floods. Carrie is very sensitive about trying to do the right thing. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision to still come when there are so many hurting. Just my thoughts...

Smokyiiis

This is the first concert I’ve heard of that Carrie was late to being her portion of the set so maybe something very untoward happened that kept her from tweeting about it? The whole concert was delayed when the equipment wasn’t there in time but I think this was a first for Carries entrance.

hjj

It is difficult to postpone something, it effects some that maybe can not plan a different date, so never know what is best. The venue books way out in advance as well.

maddkat

Staff member
This is the first concert I’ve heard of that Carrie was late to being her portion of the set so maybe something very untoward happened that kept her from tweeting about it? The whole concert was delayed when the equipment wasn’t there in time but I think this was a first for Carries entrance.
I hadn't heard this, how late was she taking the stage?

adam1995

We don't know what her reason could be for being late. She has an 8 month old, and she is a mother first. Plus, fifty minutes can't be much longer than the usual time between Maddie and Tae and her.

I'm sure the flooding affected her numbers in attendance. If she sold 90%, she would still be compensated for 90%, I'd imagine. It's one show, with unfortunate circumstances. She's selling out most other tour stops, so it's not a big deal!