Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sept 25, 2019] Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Energy Arena

Countryfan2448

Brandy McDonnell
@BAMOK
·
15m

So many #carries! But really there's only one
@carrieunderwood
. At
@ChesapeakeArena
. #CryPrettyTour360 #okc #reviewcomingsoon
EFWuUuaWsAA5v-k

Janky J

@Tulsa_Pride
·
39s

Team Holly
@CBSBigBrother
from The Cry Pretty Tour!
@carrieunderwood
#CryPrettyTour360 #BigBrother

alexis cash
@nochecks_cash
·
2m

There’s nothing enough rain in Oklahoma to wash the sins out of that house

@carrieunderwood https://twitter.com/i/status/1177047995377782789

alexis cash
@nochecks_cash
·
1m

There’s not enough rain in Oklahoma to wash the sins out of that house

@carrieunderwood https://twitter.com/i/status/1177049209184423938

DALTON WILLIAMS
@DaltonMWilliams
·
4m

ENTERTAINER OF THE CENTURY.
@carrieunderwood
#CryPrettyTour360 https://twitter.com/i/status/1177053100160540672

Last edited:

Countryfan2448

Adriana

@adriananikkole
·
42s

Hearing
@carrieunderwood
pay tribute to
@Reba
is everything I DESERVE. This song was specifically put in her medley for me, I don’t care what anyone says.
In all seriousness, I love seeing Carrie pay tribute to the women that came before her and am proud she included Reba. https://twitter.com/i/status/1177060725388402688

Courtney Mitchell
@CourtM21
·
1m

Surprise!! I sang the champion with
@carrieunderwood
tonight in Oklahoma City tonight!!

#cryprettytour360

Courtney Mitchell
@CourtM21
·
1m

Surprise!! I sang the champion with
@carrieunderwood
tonight in Oklahoma City!!

#cryprettytour360

Brandy McDonnell
@BAMOK
·
12s

It can hardly be
@carrieunderwood
's #cryprettytour360 without #crypretty. At
@ChesapeakeArena
. #encore #okc #reviewcomingsoon
EFXGGLyXYAAAkIt

Ruthanne Bilikas
@RuthanneBilika1
·
57s

Had a blast at the #CryPrettyTour360 #Thankyou #CarrieUnderwood #OklahomaCity
EFXGWVVXkAcWbJj

Melissa Richey
@melmrichey
·
2m

You can't appreciate just how amazing
@carrieunderwood
is until you hear her sing live. Wow! She is a force!

Robert Moose
@RobertMoose
·
3m

Sounds like tonight's
@carrieunderwood
concert just let out.

Richard Stewart Jr
@rstewartjr12
·
38s

What a hell of a show.
@carrieunderwood

@runawayjune

@MaddieandTae
killed it in OKC #CryPrettyTour360
EFXKQoDWsAAW1OE

Lynna

@ricanbaby01
·
1m

@carrieunderwood
thank you for the amazing show you put on tonight!
EFXLzloXUAEWaMX

Lynna

@ricanbaby01
·
47s

@carrieunderwood https://twitter.com/i/status/1177073232412852224

Courtney Mitchell
@CourtM21
·
1m

Wow! Just wow! I have no words for tonight except to say THANK YOU
@carrieunderwood
for giving your fans an opportunity of a lifetime like that! This shy, self conscious girl stepped WAY out of her comfort zone tonight & it felt so great!The sky’s the limit

#cryprettytour360

Lynna

@ricanbaby01
·
2m

@carrieunderwood https://twitter.com/i/status/1177073102452342784

Last edited:

Countryfan2448

Trisha Davis
@tdc2001
·
3h

#CryPrettyTour360 Most amazing concert I've been to in years. Carrie Underwood HAS to be #Entertaineroftheyear
#ACMAwards
#CMAAwards
#OKC
EFZl3WqWwAEyS70

Countryfan2448

Brandy McDonnell
@BAMOK
·
1h

#ConcertReview, #photos, #video and #setlist:
@carrieunderwood
's home-state #CryPrettyTour360 performance at #OKC's
@ChesapeakeArena
is Entertainer of the Year-worthy [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://t.co/zTvIPxWgg2?amp=1[/FONT]
5FDZavxG
5FDZavxG

Countryfan2448

https://oklahoman.com/article/56423...peake-arena-is-entertainer-of-the-year-worthy

Concert review, photos, video and set list: Carrie Underwood's home-state 'Cry Pretty Tour 360' performance at OKC's Chesapeake Arena is Entertainer of the Year-worthy

bam.jpg
by Brandy McDonnell Published: Thu, September 26, 2019 4:40 PM Updated: Thu, September 26, 2019 5:34 PM

w620-c01c15ba8d7b1a50492a16b4daf5cb4c.jpg
Carrie Underwood performs at Chesapeake Energy Arena during her "Cry Pretty Tour 360" in Oklahoma City, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. [Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman]
An abbreviated version of this review will appear in Friday's The Oklahoman. To read my new interview with Carrie Underwood, click here. To see more photos of Underwood's show Wednesday night in OKC, click here.
Concert review: Carrie Underwood brings her 'Cry Pretty Tour 360' to her home state for an awards-caliber performance at The Peake
On the first home-state stop of her "Cry Pretty Tour 360," Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood made a powerful case that she is the rightful recipient of Entertainer of the Year honors at the forthcoming Country Music Association Awards.
Roaming relentlessly around the massive eye-shaped stage dominating the floor of Chesapeake Energy Arena Wednesday night, the pride of Checotah was accompanied by a two-hour nonstop spectacle, from kaleidoscopic light shows and clouds of stage fog to plumes of colored flame and translucent floor-to-ceiling video "curtains."

w620-5d8a7dcde0ce3437ac47cb75d441260b.jpg
Carrie Underwood performs at Chesapeake Energy Arena during her "Cry Pretty Tour 360" in Oklahoma City, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. [Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman]
But the high-tech, 360-degree array of special effects couldn't come close to outshining Underwood's star power. She played four instruments, zipped through multiple glittering costume changes and even turned The Peake into an intimate jazz club, all while belting through a sprawling set list of hits, medleys and new songs in her signature soaring soprano.
Crooning her breezy new party song "Southbound" and accompanied by golden bursts of fireworks, the seven-time Grammy winner seized the stage dramatically, ascended from below on one of several hydraulic risers that frequently lifted her and her band high above the in-the-round stage. She let the tour's emcee, DJ Venom, give her new single an zesty remix and kept that energy, zooming through her dynamic hits "Cowboy Casanova," "Good Girl" and "Last Name" before she paused long enough to greet the boisterous near-capacity crowd with a "Well, hi."
w620-00983a1ea6681220dfcbb8e46fe494c6.jpg
"I told everybody you guys were gonna be awesome. So, I won't let you down, you don't let me down," said Underwood, who will play another Oklahoma show Oct. 24 at Tulsa's BOK Center.
Fans eager to see songs from her critically praised 2018 album "Cry Pretty" brought to life weren't to be disappointed. She hit the emotional and vocal notes on the soulful odes "Backsliding" and "Low," played an impressive hand drum solo on the Latin pop-flavored "End Up with You" and broke hearts (and maybe changed a few minds) while strumming her acoustic guitar and singing about the lasting damage of gun violence on "The Bullet."

w620-0c2919123aca75a2ccaedc2dce7c3521.jpg
"I started working on this a long time ago. I wanted to be able to have lots of time in order to be able to write the songs I wanted to write and record them the way I wanted to. So, I decided this time around I wanted to be a co-producer and produce myself," she said. "It was so hard and rewarding all at the same time, just being able to be there for every step of the way and figure out what these stories were that we wrote and how they wanted to be played out. And we were thinking about this moment right here, being on stage with them and what we can do with them."
w620-e674dec270f241e50c461501413e13ed.jpg
The arena was transformed into a smoky, intimate jazz lounge, complete with maroon velvet chaise and old-fashioned microphone, for her torch song "Drinking Alone," with Underwood, peeking under the brim of a fedora, bringing the sizzle, accompanied on saxophone and upright bass by a couple of her multitalented band members.
She may have briefly played electric guitar goddess on the haunting revenge tale “Church Bells,” but Underwood's voice remains her most potent instrument. Her old power ballads "Wasted," "Blown Away" and even the now-iconic "Jesus, Take the Wheel" actually sounded better than ever because she's a better singer now than she was when she recorded them.
w620-f2c52705afc8546efe51e36ca53ca104.jpg
"I am so blessed that I get to sing that song every single night," Underwood said, who effortlessly talked the crowd into singing one more chorus with her of "Jesus, Take the Wheel." "I feel like magic happens when crowds sing together. It just makes me feel good - and it makes me want to cry. That song is very important to me ... and I'm so lucky that I'm in a genre of music where it's OK to sing about your faith and sing it nice and loud."
(Story continued below...)

w620-86d107a4bb77e8e0047f70e17f3596b5.jpg
In honor of the 15th anniversary of her 2004 "American Idol" audition, Underwood, 36, and her two longest running band members stood at center stage to do an arresting medley of past hits, including “Temporary Home,” “I Know You Won’t” and “Just a Dream," with the latter morphing into a cover of Aerosmith's "Dream On" with ceiling-scraping notes that would make Steven Tyler proud. (She later cannily melded her smash "Undo It" with George Michael's "Freedom! '90," with equally entertaining results.)
"I get people coming up to me literally every single day telling me that they voted for me. And I know the biggest supporters of me throughout that whole crazy time of my life was my home state," Underwood said.
w620-df384975019dae45b437d65a0566b2eb.jpg
"'Thank you' does not seem like big enough words or important enough words ... but those are the ones I got. So, thank you, and thank you not only for all of that support and that love during that time of my life but for the 15 years that came after that. This has been such an incredible ride, and we've been able to go to places I never would've dreamed I'd even get to go, let alone perform in front of people there. We've gotten to meet so many incredible people and just do some dream-come-true-type things."
The highlight of the "memory lane" medley was Underwood sitting at a wood-paneled upright piano to play the tearjerker “See You Again,” encouraging the crowd to illuminate their cellphones in honor of loved ones who have passed on.
"If you guys are missing somebody tonight, let's honor them. Let's light this place up, let's make gorgeous and remember them," she said.

w620-c01c15ba8d7b1a50492a16b4daf5cb4c.jpg
The CMA Entertainer of the Year nominee also paid homage to the groundbreaking women of country music who came before her, inviting her opening acts Maddie & Tae and Runaway June back to the stage for a rousing medley featuring classics like "Tammy Wynette's Stand By Your Man," Dolly Parton's "9 to 5," Trisha Yearwood's "She's in Love with the Boy" and Reba McEntire's "Why Haven't I Heard from You" and, naturally, Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like a Woman."
"I'm so proud of the fact that this tour is an all-female tour, and we are very blessed and lucky to be able to do what we do," Underwod said. "All the women in country music that have come before us have blazed those trails, paved the way for us, taught us how to sing, how to get on stage in front of everybody. We had some of the best people in music to learn from."
w620-0ed46a88b3ed9f914391c489030174a4.jpg
Texas native Madison Marlow, left, and Oklahoma native Taylor Dye of Maddie & Tae perform inside Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. The duo is opening for Carrie Underwood on her "Cry Pretty Tour 360." [Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman]
The headliner wasn’t the only Oklahoma native on the lineup playing a homecoming show Wednesday night: Taylor Dye, half of the platinum-selling duo Maddie & Tae, hails from Ada, and the fans enthusiastically welcomed her back to Oklahoma. Dye and Texas native Maddie Marlow got the crowd smoldering with their sassy set, which complemented the feisty show-starting efforts of "I Can Buy My Own Drinks" trio Runaway June.

They weren't the only women to join Underwood on stage in OKC, as the superstar invited superfan Courtney Mitchell, a neonatal intensive care nurse from Newfoundland, Canada, to perform with her on the raucous hype song "The Champion," with Mitchell gamely tackling the Chris "Ludacris" Bridges' rap part while the eager audience cheered her own.
w620-0d3672688b8c3694a7f45a227b00347f.jpg
It was a daring decision, as was the opening of Underwood's encore, which had her crooning the opening lines of her heartbreaking anthem "Cry Pretty" at her dressing room mirror while applying glittery tears to her face. The effect was initially disrupted as her vocals didn't quite sync up with the band's onstage performance, but once she blasted back into the center of the eye-shaped stage, it was all power and pizzazz, leading into her impassioned finale, "Love Wins."
After watching Underwood improbably outdo herself once again, I would love to see the Oklahoma native claim the Entertainer of the Year trophy when the CMA Awards air Nov. 13.
w620-fca27a61db3f88391ff7c1e11f6f5075.jpg
Carrie Underwood "Cry Pretty Tour 360" OKC set list:

"Southbound"
"Cowboy Casanova"
"Good Girl"
"Last Name"
"Backsliding"
"Church Bells"
"Two Black Cadillacs"
"Blown Away"
"Drinking Alone"
"End Up With You"
"Flat on the Floor"
"Wasted"
"Memory lane" medley: "Temporary Home" / "See You Again" / "I Know You Won't" / "Just a Dream" / "Dream On"
"Jesus, Take the Wheel"
"The Bullet"
"Something in the Water" / "Amazing Grace"
"Low"
Women of country music medley: "Stand by Your Man" / "Walkin' After Midnight" / "Coal Miner's Daughter" / "9 to 5" / "Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain" / "She's in Love with the Boy" / "Independence Day" / "Wild One" / "Why Haven't I Heard from You" / "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!"
"Undo It" / "Freedom! '90"
"The Champion"
"Before He Cheats"
"Cry Pretty"
"Love Wins"

- BAM