Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some CoVid19 advice

Farawayhills

My friend has sent me this information, which she says has been given to NHS staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital (Please note, I am not a medical or virological professional myself, but am posting this here, in case anyone might find parts of it useful., but if any of it conflicts with other advice received, please use discretion or consult an appropriate professional.)

The simplest way to distinguish Coronovirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a nose cold or combined cough and cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down the trachea and installs in the lungs causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, a doctor should be called immediately

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning. Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing or difficulty, this shows no sign of fibrosis in the lungs, suggesting an absence of infection. It is recommended to do this every morning to help detect infection

The virus dies if exposed to temperatures greater than 80 F (27 C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths, or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These help to kill the virus and are easy to ingest. Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that the mouth and throat are always moist, never dry. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. Even if the virus enters water or other liquids though the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus into the stomach, where gastric acids will destroy the virus. But if there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe in private. The sun's UV rays can kill the virus.
The coronovirus has a relatively large size (a diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can help, but no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an affected person coughs or sneezes nearby, try to stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus to fall to the ground and prevent it falling on you.

When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours. therefore when surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel. The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 to 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things than cannot be washed should be exposed to the sun. The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, such as touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present, so washing hands is essential. The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes, but in that time many things can happen, such as rubbing the eyes, or touching the nose or lips. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often. You can gargle with solutions like Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide that will minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat, before it reaches the trachea and lungs. try to disinfect things that are touched often, such as phones, keyboard, mouse, steering wheel, door handles, etc.

Farawayhills

I think I read this was just a made up rumor

Much of it sounds sensible to me, but, as I said, I'm no expert, and cannot personally vouch for it (all I can say is that it was sent to me by someone who would never knowingly try to deceive me). This is a new virus in humans, and the virus itself is potentially subject to change as it spreads, meaning that both its properties and the course of the infection are imperfectly understood. Some aspects of the statement (such as the effect of the temperature of liquids, or of sunlight, for example), even if well intentioned, seem unlikely to be fully confirmed at this stage.

Rumours may indeed arise at such times, but the best thing is to take all sensible precautions and do not underestimate the effects of this pandemic, especially on the most vulnerable. It's sensible not rely on anything alone as your only source of advice, and if anything in this statement troubles you, check it with someone qualified in the field.

clh_hilary

The virus dies if exposed to temperatures greater than 80 F (27 C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths, or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These help to kill the virus and are easy to ingest. Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Singapore (631 cases): 81-90 degrees today
Thailand (934 cases): 82-97 degrees today (Bangkok)

There are many more examples, such as India (606 cases), Brazil (2,274 cases), Mexico (405 cases), Saudi Arabia (900 cases), and of course all over Central America and Africa.

The normal human body temperature is 97.7–99.5 degrees, but the virus lives on.

clh_hilary

Much of it sounds sensible to me, but, as I said, I'm no expert, and cannot personally vouch for it (all I can say is that it was sent to me by someone who would never knowingly try to deceive me). This is a new virus in humans, and the virus itself is potentially subject to change as it spreads, meaning that both its properties and the course of the infection are imperfectly understood. Some aspects of the statement (such as the effect of the temperature of liquids, or of sunlight, for example), even if well intentioned, seem unlikely to be fully confirmed at this stage.

Rumours may indeed arise at such times, but the best thing is to take all sensible precautions and do not underestimate the effects of this pandemic, especially on the most vulnerable. It's sensible not rely on anything alone as your only source of advice, and if anything in this statement troubles you, check it with someone qualified in the field.

China invented hot tea, that didn't really help, did it? The hot water in the bat soup clearly didn't do anything to the virus.

Farawayhills

OK, sorry, everyone - thanks for the clarification and additional link, clh_hilary.

Although I don't think anything it recommends doing is likely to be actually harmful to health, there is still the potential that it could lead people into a sense of false security. If the moderators think it best, this thread could perhaps be deleted as misleading.

alexis priya

Children are more effective than adults -Covid-19

Hi Carrie!

You Know,Almost 6 months into the pandemic, accumulating evidence and collective experience argue that children, particularly school-aged children, are more effective than adults. Therefore, serious consideration should be paid toward strategies that allow schools to remain open, even during periods of COVID-19 spread. In doing so, we could minimize the potentially profound adverse social, developmental, and health costs that our children will continue to suffer until an effective treatment or vaccine can be developed and distributed or, failing that until we reach herd immunity.
Public health is supposed to be about balancing risks and benefits and choosing interventions that will provide a net overall benefit. Hybrid schooling is not a public health measure. It’s just another expensive charade.

Face coverings for children:
  • Children 5 years of age and under are not required to wear a face shield or face-covering in a child care setting. For more info regarding a face mask or face shield visit here.
  • Children who are under the age of 2 years, or children who are sleeping, unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering or face shield without assistance; or who cannot tolerate a shield or cover due to a developmental, medical, or behavioral health condition must not wear a face covering or face shield.
  • Children age 2 through 5 years who can reliably wear a face covering or face shield in compliance with CDC guidance on How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings may do so. This means they can wear it without frequently touching or removing it.

Be Safe and Healthy.

Smokyiiis

I wore face covering every time I left my country home. I also wore gloves on the days I was required to go into the office. It didn’t keep me from getting the Covid virus though. Mine started out with a dry cough and then fever, with the fever letting up after five days. Then the fever returned today. Not real high though. Low 100s. My worse symptom is I am very very weak and sleep about 15-16 hours every day! I sit in the sun, walk slowly in the sun, take zinc, vitamin D and vitamin C per doctor orders. Please every one be cautious but know that however cautious we are it may not do the trick!

lolita55

I wore face covering every time I left my country home. I also wore gloves on the days I was required to go into the office. It didn’t keep me from getting the Covid virus though. Mine started out with a dry cough and then fever, with the fever letting up after five days. Then the fever returned today. Not real high though. Low 100s. My worse symptom is I am very very weak and sleep about 15-16 hours every day! I sit in the sun, walk slowly in the sun, take zinc, vitamin D and vitamin C per doctor orders. Please every one be cautious but know that however cautious we are it may not do the trick!

Also constantly wash your hands if you can or keep hand sanitizer. But boosting your immune system is what you need to do. I have family and friends who work in hospitals and nursing homes, and none of them have caught it despite the fact that they were around people with Covid.

Josh

Lord, that sounds terrifying. I'm glad you're getting better, but I really hope it doesn't have any negative long-term effects. Thoughts and prayers with you. I'm honestly afraid some days. I don't have the best immunity and have been sneezing throughout the year with what I believe is just allergies. I hope all those illnesses were at least! I've had dry coughs, sorethroats, headaches, but never a fever so I can't ever be sure.

liz278

I saw someone say that when they had COVID, their doctor said to take Vitamin C, D, and zinc. Also take elderberry, echinacea and if you can handle it turmeric. These can help build your immunity. I think i can get it, but along with washing my hands, not touching my face and wearing a mask in public, I feel like if I get it I have a good chance of it being mild.

P.S. I also hope that boosting my immune system will help me not get the flu this year.

Last edited:

Smokyiiis

The flu shot is already out! Please make sure that you get it. It contains four strains and is free so please go to your pharmacy and get it. There is absolutely no reason to not get it.

AdamJ

The flu shot is already out! Please make sure that you get it. It contains four strains and is free so please go to your pharmacy and get it. There is absolutely no reason to not get it.

Thanks Smoky, I was just coming on here to remind everyone to get their flu shot--especially this year. We are already dealing with the flu and the virus (which is starting to spike again). Please---everyone follow the CDC guidelines and take care of yourself and your families.
Stay safe and well....

liz278

Just to clarify, I already got the flu shot!

Josh

I have never actually had a flu shot in my life! I think this might be a good year to get my first flu shot, though. You get it for free?

Also, I have vitamin c, zinc, and turmeric available. But, I tried turmeric last year and got the heartburn of my life, so not sure if that's an option. I'll maybe try to get the elderberry and echinacea sometime. I'll try anything at this point not to get sick.

Josh

I had the WORST, most painful flu early last year.. I honestly thought this might be the one that killed me! I've never had such body aches and nausea ever before and even my heart seemed to be beating very rapidly for at least a day or two. That's when I realized that a flu shot might just be a good idea.

liz278

I have never actually had a flu shot in my life! I think this might be a good year to get my first flu shot, though. You get it for free?

Also, I have vitamin c, zinc, and turmeric available. But, I tried turmeric last year and got the heartburn of my life, so not sure if that's an option. I'll maybe try to get the elderberry and echinacea sometime. I'll try anything at this point not to get sick.

I got the flu several years ago and I was so sick. So I have gotten a flu shot ever since then.

I have taken elderberry juice for a couple years. I really haven't been sick since I started. I can't take turmeric either. But since COVID started I have taken a cocktail of vitamins that boost the immune system. I hope it helps with colds, etc this year.

Smokyiiis

I can’t digest turmeric either but I do take all the rest. And yes my flu shot was free at a grocery store pharmacy in Texas. I think they’re free everywhere. Cvs too.