Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Songs you hope Carrie trashes - or keeps - for the Cry Pretty Tour

sosmallgirl

Trash: JTTW, AAG, UI, Smoke Break, RR

Add: WAW, Relapse, Chaser, TH, I Told You So as many songs from Cry Pretty as possible

Keep: WINK (I need to see that live), SITW, CB, CCA, LTG, Wasted, DL

brightfame

Honestly I’d be fine with mostly new songs for this tour, especially since there’s gonna be more soul on the album I’d want the tour setlist to be cohesive!

That said, bring back: SS (seems to fit CP in terms of its meaning), JAD, TH and either chaser or relapse since both are already more pop/R&B.

Trash: AAG, LN, either CC or UI, TBC, SYA, Heartbeat, CB, and DL. Not that I don’t like these songs but just to make this tour super different.

Above all else keep SITW!

...I’d also be really interested to hear her revamp some older songs to be more soulful... maybe add a church choir like she did for CB, except do it for other songs this time.

^totally agree. I think it’d be really cool for her to revamp some older songs to make the show cohesive.

Since I think (hope) this album will lead to a rock show lol, I hope she keeps all her rock leaning songs. I’d also LOVE for her to bring back I Know You Won’t and I know I’m in the minority, but I adore Smoke Break and would love for it to come back too.

HuiZ

Ditch all previous singles and popular tracks that have been performed many times. Yes that includes BHC, LN, JTTW, IKYW etc, and even my favourite one Wasted.

More focus on the new album and a couple of surprise gems from previous album will be fantastic.

sco

I’d ditch AAG and Clock Dont Stop. She can never get rid of JTTW or Before He Cheats. I get it that Uber fans who’ve been to multiple shows may be sick of them but way too many people would be disappointed if they were left out.

I’d love it if she restored TH, and added Chaser and Wine after Whiskey. I’m really hoping she keeps WINKIAW and adds new baby pictures to the video montage.

Josh

Wasted must never be removed.

Mexico would be great to hear live.

Chaser is trash.

A cover of "Natural Woman" or other amazing covers would be great as well. Even outside of country and delving into Soul. Wouldn't mind it at all.

I’d ditch AAG and Clock Dont Stop. She can never get rid of JTTW or Before He Cheats. I get it that Uber fans who’ve been to multiple shows may be sick of them but way too many people would be disappointed if they were left out.

I’d love it if she restored TH, and added Chaser and Wine after Whiskey. I’m really hoping she keeps WINKIAW and adds new baby pictures to the video montage.

I know you don’t like AAG,but there are some people who may have not ever heard that song live that might actually want to hear it Who are seeing her for the first time that have never heard the song before.But I do have to agree with you on Clock Don’t Stop.Its my least favorite song from Storyteller & it’s not a song that a lot of Carrie fans are that fond of,including myself.Taking away JTTW or Before He Cheats would just be so wrong on so many levels & people who have never heard those songs live would be really disappointed if they were left out.I don’t think those are two songs that she will ever get rid of from her set list as long as she’s doing live performances because you can tell she still really loves performing those songs no matter how old they are.Temporary Home isn’t my favorite Carrie song,but I wouldn’t mind if she added that song to the set list. I hope she keeps WINKIAW as well& adds more baby pictures to the video montage. Chaser & Wine After Whiskey are two songs that I wouldn’t mind hearing myself since I’ve never heard either one of them live in concert when seeing Carrie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonton

I'd definitely love a fresher setlist—some hits, but a lot of new material would be great.

From the Storyteller tour setlist, I'd only keep:
• Jesus, Take the Wheel
• Wasted
• Blown Away
• Choctaw County Affair
• Something in the Water

And some I'd love to hear:
• Like I'll Never Love You Again
• Do You Think About Me (love this one so much)
• Wine After Whiskey
• Who Are You
• Someday When I Stop Loving You
• Starts With Goodbye

gocountrymusic

I'd definitely love a fresher setlist—some hits, but a lot of new material would be great.

From the Storyteller tour setlist, I'd only keep:
• Jesus, Take the Wheel
• Wasted
• Blown Away
• Choctaw County Affair
• Something in the Water

And some I'd love to hear:
• Like I'll Never Love You Again
• Do You Think About Me (love this one so much)
• Wine After Whiskey
• Who Are You
• Someday When I Stop Loving You
• Starts With Goodbye

Would honestly love if she just kept those. Replace who are you with You won't Find This, I'd be in complete agreement. Add Chaser for me too

montdu39

Ditch:
1. Wasted
2. Something Bad
3. Little Toy Guns
4. Smoke Break
5. All Americans Girl
6. What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

Keep or add:
1. Jesus Take The Wheel
2. Before He Cheats
3. So Small
4. Last Name
5. Just a Dream
6. Cowboy Casanova
7. Undo It
8. Blown Away
9. Good Girl
10. Two Black Cadillacs
11. Something in the water
12. Church Bells
13. Heartbeat
14. Cry Pretty
15. Love Wins
16. Ghosts on the Stereo
17. Low
18. The Bullet
19. Spinning Bottles
20. Drinking Alone
21. That song that we used to make love to
22. Kingdom

crazyxdreams

I’ve been hoping for years that she’d drop Last Name. Never been a fan of the song.

I’d want her keep JTTW, Wasted, SITW, Dirty Laundry, Undo It, Blown Away and Church Bells.

I’d love to see SYA and So Small make a return. Those are my top two songs.

It would be neat if she did a surprise song for each show of songs she hasn’t performed live before or in a while.

simonplay

The thing is that we maybe are a little tired of some songs but we are hard die fans and we watch every video in youtube of the tour. But they are still big hits and people who attend the concerts want to hear all her biggest hits.

I personally would love to hear a couple of non singles from Some Hearts like Start with Goodbye, I Just can't live a lie, Lessons Learned.. etc. I feel like there are just like one or two videos of her singing those songs live, and are amazing songs.

Kizmet311

The thing is that we maybe are a little tired of some songs but we are hard die fans and we watch every video in youtube of the tour. But they are still big hits and people who attend the concerts want to hear all her biggest hits.

I personally would love to hear a couple of non singles from Some Hearts like Start with Goodbye, I Just can't live a lie, Lessons Learned.. etc. I feel like there are just like one or two videos of her singing those songs live, and are amazing songs.

You're 100% right. As a die hard fan, I would want her to sing every song from the new album and sprinkle in our favorite hits/album cuts. But the casual fans still want to hear BHC, etc.

It's like the one time I went to see George Strait. He didn't sing Baby Blue or several other hits and we were so disappointed. We knew it would be the only time in our life we would see him in concert, so we wanted to hear the hits and not his new album. Even though Carrie hasn't been around as long as George had when we saw him, there are going to be a lot of casual fans who just want to hear the singles. I feel like that attitude prevails more with older artists like George, Garth Brooks, Reba, etc - people only want to hear the hits. But it would still happen to an extent with Carrie.

I would love for Chaser to make this setlist - kind of bring it back to life like she did IKYW on the BA tour. Plus, if we want to go deep cuts from CR - how about Sometimes You Leave! Some people probably don't even know that song exists, lol.

mgbjr

You're 100% right. As a die hard fan, I would want her to sing every song from the new album and sprinkle in our favorite hits/album cuts. But the casual fans still want to hear BHC, etc.

It's like the one time I went to see George Strait. He didn't sing Baby Blue or several other hits and we were so disappointed. We knew it would be the only time in our life we would see him in concert, so we wanted to hear the hits and not his new album. Even though Carrie hasn't been around as long as George had when we saw him, there are going to be a lot of casual fans who just want to hear the singles. I feel like that attitude prevails more with older artists like George, Garth Brooks, Reba, etc - people only want to hear the hits. But it would still happen to an extent with Carrie.

I would love for Chaser to make this setlist - kind of bring it back to life like she did IKYW on the BA tour. Plus, if we want to go deep cuts from CR - how about Sometimes You Leave! Some people probably don't even know that song exists, lol.

Sometimes You Leave is one of my favorites and I’ve been dying for a live performance of it!