Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul Surfer report with a Carrie mention

cassie2

Staff member
Nice article about Soul Surfer. Perhaps Hollywood is turning the corner and more nonR-rated films will becoming our way.

Pop Tarts

Bible Edited Out of Film 'Soul Surfer' to Appeal to Non-Christians, Added Back In

By Hollie McKay
Published February 17, 2011

| FoxNews.com
  • bethany640.jpg
Bethany Hamilton. (AP)

The upcoming film “Soul Surfer,” slated for release in April, is based on the true story of spirited teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a 2003 shark attack, but courageously returned to her board and become a champion again months later.

SOURCE:

Bible Edited Out of Film 'Soul Surfer' to Appeal to Non-Christians, Added Back In - FoxNews.com

lab

I love what Carrie said about the phrase, "Soul Surfer". "Carrie Underwood's JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL" and "Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST" PROVED that "God can turn ANY SITUATION AROUND AND WORK IT TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD". Carrie and Mel did not think they were wasting their time and energy. They went ahead with it because of their FAITH and LOVE IN "GOD", in spite of all the Hollywood people and even Mel's friends - telling him he was nuts and people around Carrie telling her that, it is too risky to be THE LEAD SINGLE.

Last edited:

allirishgirl

t4p :)

loved Carries comments. cant wait for this! i still REALLY REALLY REALLY hope it gets an international release!

lab

Nice article about Soul Surfer. Perhaps Hollywood is turning the corner and more nonR-rated films will becoming our way.

Pop Tarts

Bible Edited Out of Film 'Soul Surfer' to Appeal to Non-Christians, Added Back In

By Hollie McKay
Published February 17, 2011

| FoxNews.com

• bethany640.jpg
Bethany Hamilton. (AP)

The upcoming film “Soul Surfer,” slated for release in April, is based on the true story of spirited teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a 2003 shark attack, but courageously returned to her board and become a champion again months later.

SOURCE:

Bible Edited Out of Film 'Soul Surfer' to Appeal to Non-Christians, Added Back In - FoxNews.com

The verse that Carrie quotes in the movie, from the Old Testament of the Christian Holy Bible, "Jeremiah 29:11", is also included in the "Hebrew Bible (Jewish Bible)" and "Koran" of the Religion of Islam. So, the producers of the film want to market it also to the JEWS and the MUSLIM and wanted to edit the cover of the "Holy Bible".

robinannhunt

The verse that Carrie quotes in the movie, from the Old Testament of the Christian Holy Bible, "Jeremiah 29:11", is also included in the "Hebrew Bible (Jewish Bible)" and "Koran" of the Religion of Islam. So, the producers of the film want to market it also to the JEWS and the MUSLIM and wanted to edit the cover of the "Holy Bible".

Interesting, thanks.

epicamends

I like that the film is trying to appeal to a wide audience, but considering how much influence religion had on Bethany's recovery, psychologically, I'm glad they added it back in. It seems like taking it out in the first place was rather disrespectful to Bethany and her story.

lab

I like that the film is trying to appeal to a wide audience, but considering how much influence religion had on Bethany's recovery, psychologically, I'm glad they added it back in. It seems like taking it out in the first place was rather disrespectful to Bethany and her story.

I agree with you!!! "Bethany Hamilton" DEDICATED her book "Soul Surfer" to "Jesus Christ, Our Savior", "Her Family" and the "Blanchard Family, the family of her buddy, Alana, portrayed by the daughter of Jack Nicholson". So, I am glad, the producers put it back.

lab

So, they didnt have the bible in the film, and now they do? Is that right?

It so, great! it should be in.

Yes. You are right. The words "Holy Bible" were digitally removed from the cover of a Bible (Edited) in a scene featuring Bethany Hamilton's father, Tom, reading by his ailing daughter's hospital bedside. But was added back when the Hamilton Family was upset and complained about it. The LOGIC BEHIND THIS is that the MUSLIMS (Religion of Islam) believe the common elements or resemblance between the OLD TESTAMENT OF THE CHRISTIAN HOLY BIBLE and the HEBREW BIBLE (JEWISH BIBLE) and the Islamic dispensations is due to their COMMON "DIVINE SOURCE" and that the ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN TEXT (OLD TESTAMENT) AND JEWISH BIBLE WERE "AUTHENTIC DIVINE REVELATIONS" GIVEN TO PROPHETS. "MUSLIMS BELIEVE" that the original text were altered by Christians in the "NEW TESTAMENT" and by the Jews in SOME OF THEIR LATER TEXTS in Hebrew Bible. So, REMOVING THE WORDS "HOLY BIBLE" MEANS THAT "THE FILM" WILL CROSSOVER TO MUSLIMS AND THE JEWS. Also, Muslims believe that Jesus is a PROPHET OF GOD, NOT THE SON OF GOD.

Last edited: