Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul Surfer second trailer?

carebear4eva

Anyone who is a fan of movies (I'm not, I'm a TV shows guy) , pls answer this : approximately how long does it go on average between the release of the first and second trailers? Am dying to see some new Carrie scenes :)

Also, what do you guys think the chances of an international release are? Will they release it worldwide on April 8, or wait to see how well it does in the States first before moving to foreign markets?

Nannygirl specifically, pls answer this : While the movie is certainly religious, how much of that is specifically CHRISTIAN? I ask, because if there is a lot of Christianity in the movie, then unfortunately the movie may be banned in Dubai. Which would really SUCK!!!

nannygirl

There may not be a second trailer. An international release depends on the reception in the US. If it does extremely well here, they may risk having it shown overseas. As for the Christianity, like I said in my review, it's there. It is really in Carrie's scenes in particular since she is the youth counselor. The family prays, and they talk about having faith in Him. They quote Scripture a few times. However, it did not feel like it was shoved in my face. It felt natural. It is a film about a Christian family, and the movie shows that. I cannot speak for anyone besides myself, so it may be banned in Dubai (Do they not like Christians over there???). Hope that helps.

carebear4eva

There may not be a second trailer. An international release depends on the reception in the US. If it does extremely well here, they may risk having it shown overseas. As for the Christianity, like I said in my review, it's there. It is really in Carrie's scenes in particular since she is the youth counselor. The family prays, and they talk about having faith in Him. They quote Scripture a few times. However, it did not feel like it was shoved in my face. It felt natural. It is a film about a Christian family, and the movie shows that. I cannot speak for anyone besides myself, so it may be banned in Dubai (Do they not like Christians over there???). Hope that helps.

That should be okay, I don't think it should be a problem....There are Christians in Dubai, but it's still officially an Islamic country. Other religions are not depicted in media in a large sense. Couple of shots of a church or reading from the ible should be okay. Dubai is more liberal than other Arab countries (in the past 5 years, the only major movies to banned were Brokeback Mountain and Black Swan). Unfortunately they may well cut out Carrie's scenes if those are the most religious ones....Oh well, I'm still going to watch it if it releases here!

abbeyjones18

So, it's basically a mainstream inspirational/Christian film...and not too preachy? That's what The Blind Side was (at least in my opinion...a great movie, by the way)...a Christian family (they even went to a Christian school), but not too preachy...

nannygirl

Yes, the Hamiltons specifically wanted the movie to be more mainstream than preachy so a lot more people would go see it and benefit from the message. I believe that was a good decision on their part, and you are right, it is kind of like the Blind Side. :)

abbeyjones18

Yes, the Hamiltons specifically wanted the movie to be more mainstream than preachy so a lot more people would go see it and benefit from the message. I believe that was a good decision on their part, and you are right, it is kind of like the Blind Side. :)

Cool...yeah there was a great article from the USA Today last year saying how the mainstream inspirational yet not too preachy movies are "in" right now...I honestly would see Soul Surfer even if Carrie wasn't in it...I am all for movies like this... :)

epicamends

I remember reading a tweet, I think it was from Bethany's twitter, that the film will have a worldwide release.

carebear4eva

I remember reading a tweet, I think it was from Bethany's twitter, that the film will have a worldwide release.

REALLY? That's sooo awesome! Thank you so much for the info. And if Bethany herself said it, it can't be wrong right??

Well that's absolutely great. A movie like the Blind Side would NEVER be banned here in Dubai. Unfortunately, like I said, Carrie's scenes may be cut out. Let's hope not!

epicamends

^ Why would they cut Carrie's scenes out? I don't even think the movie would make as much sense if they did that - isn't Sarah the main reason/inspiration Bethany had to continue on surfing?

nannygirl

^I didn't get that impression from the movie. I mean, the mission trip helped a lot, but Sarah wasn't a huge influence.

carebear4eva

^ Why would they cut Carrie's scenes out? I don't even think the movie would make as much sense if they did that - isn't Sarah the main reason/inspiration Bethany had to continue on surfing?

Maybe so, but that's not what the censor dudes are going to be looking for, lol. If there's anything that's too brazenly Christian, they will cut it out, cuz it is an Islamic country at the end of the day. I'm actually getting scared to say more, because you hear stories about people in Dubai going missing in the middle of the night because they posted something on the Internet about. Ears all around :O

epicamends

Maybe so, but that's not what the censor dudes are going to be looking for, lol. If there's anything that's too brazenly Christian, they will cut it out, cuz it is an Islamic country at the end of the day. I'm actually getting scared to say more, because you hear stories about people in Dubai going missing in the middle of the night because they posted something on the Internet about. Ears all around :O

That's scary. :(

I'm not sure it would even be released there, then. It's a very Christian-themed movie, and although it's more mainstream, the themes are still there with or without Carrie.

carebear4eva

That's scary. :(

I'm not sure it would even be released there, then. It's a very Christian-themed movie, and although it's more mainstream, the themes are still there with or without Carrie.

Lol,I was kidding. Mostly ;)

And, no,even Narnia (VYOTD) was Christian-themed. No problems there. So was Blind Side. I don't think there should be a problem. They're obviously in favour of any movie that promotes goodness. So long as nothing is EXPLICITLY Christian, there wont be any cuts.

Country_Carrie

You all should read Bethany Hamilton's book, it's a bit different from what I hear the movie portrays, they added drama with the whole "I wanna give up" story line bc she never got frustrated and always had faith from day 1 and Sarah played quite a big role in helping her..Like in the trailer, they show her all depressed but that never happened according to her book...But I mean, its not completely different or anything, just a little added drama but nothing big...She is beyond strong in her faith, it's mind blowing