Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul Surfer Soundtrack news!!

Carrieflattsfan

Carrie doesn't have a song on the Soul Surfer Soundtrack, Idol chatter has released the tracklist:

"Soul Surfer, the Bethany Hamilton biopic that features Carrie Underwood in her film debut, has involved another American Idol alum: Season 6's Chris Sligh covers Katy Perry's Firework for the soundtrack."

Here's the full track list:

The Sound Of Sunshine, Michael Franti & Spearhead
This Is The Life, Two Door Cinema Club
Like A Star, Britt Nicole
Ho'oheno Keia No Beauty (The Beauty Hula), James "Bla" Pahinui
Runaway, Mat Kearney
Go-Go Godzilla, Brian Setzer
It's Your Life, Francesca Battistelli
The Unknown, Athlete
Set The World On Fire, Britt Nicole
Firework, Chris Sligh

Chris Sligh covers Katy Perry for 'Soul Surfer' soundtrack - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

epicamends

Pretty sure Carrie must have requested not to be on the soundtrack or something, 'cause there's no way you don't ask if you have a huge music star like Carrie in your film.

HuiZ

Pretty sure Carrie must have requested not to be on the soundtrack or something, 'cause there's no way you don't ask if you have a huge music star like Carrie in your film.
I think so too :)

Between Brad's duet, Randy's duet, Tony Bennett's duet, a lead single, plus possible full album this year, I don't really mind that Carrie is sitting this one out. :p

pkc4rls

I agree with the mention that Carrie probably requested to not be on the soundtrack. There is no way they did not ask her and then have a different idol. She probably thought it would be a little hoaky to be in the movie and on the soundtrack. I personally think she wanted to try and come off as just Carrie the actress and not Carrie the singer trying to become an actress.

wonton

Looks like with the small budget, they really couldn't get big stars on there.

I don't think that was the goal. Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid are pretty big name stars, and most of the artists on the soundtrack have a career in Christian music, and they are pretty popular in that genre. I think it's more a choice to go with a Christian slant in the music since to go with the theme of the film.

teesharky

They should have just used play on the single though as that is perfect for any sports movie. Maybe they couldn't afford to put such a big name like carrie on the soundtrack.

abbeyjones18

I don't think that was the goal. Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid are pretty big name stars, and most of the artists on the soundtrack have a career in Christian music, and they are pretty popular in that genre. I think it's more a choice to go with a Christian slant in the music since to go with the theme of the film.

Good point... :)

clh_hilary

They should have just used play on the single though as that is perfect for any sports movie. Maybe they couldn't afford to put such a big name like carrie on the soundtrack.

Probably, not to mention nobody would expect the soundtrack to sell well anyways so it's not worthy to pay Carrie for it. I'd argue that "Temporary Home" could fit as well.

mlawlor

^ To add, actually soundtracks don't always have maintream popular artists contributing to them.

Exactly <cough> Voyage of the Dawn Treader Soundtrack CD <cough>, lol

(Although I should not complain if there is Carrie bonus content on the upcoming DVD.)