Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting Back To School

carriefann

:( It's that time of year again!

I'm starting back to school as a senior this year! I'm excited, but there are a few problems. First, I'm taking 4 college credit classes (dual enrollment), and our teachers are warning us how difficult they will be. I'm pretty confident in my ability, I make All As mostly, some Bs in math, but now I'm doubting if I can do it. I only go half a day :) which is good at least. I'm just nervous about the future. I will have to pay for my textbook as well as tuition. I just hope I can do it.

On top of that, I realized I don't have many friends left at school. Several moved away and we also got lots of new teachers this year. Today was the first day and I felt really lonely and overwhelmed. It's hard to talk to people because we only have a couple minutes in between classes to get from class to class. Besides, I don't know any freshman or sophomores, and hardly any juniors.

I'm just worried this year will be too much to handle. I could use some friend support, but it seems like I don't have any friends in my classes. I won't have much free time thanks to studying, so you may not see me online for a while. :(

I just need some advice and some words of encouragement. I don't want to lose my
TOPS or mess up my grades that I've worked so hard for during high school. This is supposed to be the year that I enjoy the moment and make memories that will last forever. I'm just worried that I'll get stressed out and do horribly at my classes. It won't be easy. :(

Carrieflattsfan

Aww, I'm sure you'll do great!

Everyone is nervous on their first day of school; I'm in college, and I still get nervous sometimes.

My best advice would be to join some clubs/groups at your school to meet some new people with the same interests as you; that's a great way to make new friends.

If you get stressed or worried, ask for help. Your teachers are there to help you succeed. Even if you feel ashamed about it. don't be. Everyone needs help sometimes & it'll only benefit you to seek help if you need it.

If you get stressed, organize everything or make a schedule so you can have time for yourself and aren't just studying all the time. Make time for friends you don't get to see in school. :)

Good luck & feel free to vent whenever you need too. We've all been in the same boat at one point or another.