Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steel Magnolia's Meghan Lindsey Assaulted by Big Machine Manager

Smokyiiis

'Voice' alum claims Big Machine, manager told her to keep quiet about sexual assault | Fox News

Country singer Meghan Linsey says she was sexually assaulted by a “very powerful man in the music business” in 2010.
Linsey, who came in second place on 2015's season 8 of “The Voice,” said the alleged incident occurred while she was touring with her former band Steel Magnolia.
“A very powerful man in the music business grabbed up my skirt. He was groping me and proceeded to try to pick me up by my ass on a bus in front of a lot of important people,” she wrote on her private Facebook page. Her post was published with permission by Yahoo.
Linsey wrote she was “mortified” and told him not to touch her. “It caused quite a scene and I could tell that he was embarrassed and angry.”
She continued, “The next night he came up behind me and whispered in my ear, he said, ‘I have boats bigger than you could ever imagine, and I could put you in the middle of the ocean where no one would ever hear from you again. Just remember that.’ He laughed and walked away.”
Linsey said she immediately went to tell her manager who told her “to never breathe a word of that story to anyone ever.” She then told the head of her record label at the time, Big Machine, who she claims told her the “same thing.”
“They both said if I wanted to have a career in country music then I could never say anything about it out loud, to anyone.”
Linsey's former Steel Magnolia bandmate and ex-fiancé Josha Scott Jones told us, "[Meghan] should really address the FACT that our manager was a woman, who was very instrumental in hushing Meghan about this individuals remarks and talking me out of whipping his ass. Just another corrupt power play in a very shady and most often ambiguous business called the music industry."
A rep for Big Machine did not immediately return FOX411 Country’s request for comment.
The country singer, who has since signed with a different record label, said she decided to come forward now after listening to the leaked audio of a 2005 conversation in which Donald Trump makes lewd comments about women. Linsey said she would “rather not name names.”
Big Machine is run by Scott Borchetta, and its roster of artists include Taylor Swift, Danielle Bradburry, Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts.

countrymama22

Disgusting! It honestly doesn't surprise me all that much. I think there is a lot of that in the industry sadly. It is awful that Scott B didn't protect his artist. I've never liked that guy. I wonder who assaulted her.

maddkat

Staff member
^perhaps it was Scott,appears to be a wealthy man.

disgusting regardless of who it was

Farawayhills

Reprehensible - and, sadly, unlikely to be unique.

It reminds me of the strong lyrics Margo Price has written in one of her current songs "This Town Gets Around"

"In this town everybody's trying
To get a piece of everybody else
It gets hard to tell a real friend from a fake one
So many promises, favors, and lies
Most of the town wears a good disguise
And even I too, have been known to wear one

As the saying goes, it's not who you know
But it's who you blow, that'll get you in the show
And if that's not the case I hear you pay 'em
But I don't come easy and I'm flat broke
So I guess it's me who gets the joke
Maybe I'd be smarter if I played dumb

[Chorus:]
I can't count all the times I've been had
Now I know much better than to let that make me mad
I don't let none of that get me down
From what I've found this town gets around

Now the very first manager I had
He was old enough he could have been my dad
He took me out for drinks and talked a big talk
He said, "darling sign on the dotted line"
You know, "kiss my cheek and drink this wine
But if you walk on me, then you can just walk."

(Margo won Emerging Artist at this year's AMAs, and in her acceptance speech, she scanned the front rows with her pointed finger, and said 'but I see several of you here who passed on my album'.)

Kizmet311

It is such a shame that this happens to anyone, in any industry and I am sure it happens far more than we will ever hear about. I just don't understand why people can't just have common decency and treat others with kindness and respect. How is that so hard to do? I can imagine that it is particularly difficult for women in the music industry that is mostly run by men or any industry that might be male dominated. It's a shame her fiance didn't get a chance to kick the guy's a$$.

Momin

Reprehensible - and, sadly, unlikely to be unique.

It reminds me of the strong lyrics Margo Price has written in one of her current songs "This Town Gets Around"

"In this town everybody's trying
To get a piece of everybody else
It gets hard to tell a real friend from a fake one
So many promises, favors, and lies
Most of the town wears a good disguise
And even I too, have been known to wear one

As the saying goes, it's not who you know
But it's who you blow, that'll get you in the show
And if that's not the case I hear you pay 'em
But I don't come easy and I'm flat broke
So I guess it's me who gets the joke
Maybe I'd be smarter if I played dumb

[Chorus:]
I can't count all the times I've been had
Now I know much better than to let that make me mad
I don't let none of that get me down
From what I've found this town gets around

Now the very first manager I had
He was old enough he could have been my dad
He took me out for drinks and talked a big talk
He said, "darling sign on the dotted line"
You know, "kiss my cheek and drink this wine
But if you walk on me, then you can just walk."

(Margo won Emerging Artist at this year's AMAs, and in her acceptance speech, she scanned the front rows with her pointed finger, and said 'but I see several of you here who passed on my album'.)

Is there a video of her acceptance speech?