Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller Album and Tracks

opry051008

30 second track previews:
http://www.saturn.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MultiChannelShowMediaPlayer?storeId=48352&catEntryId=2362280&langId=-3&track=0&track=8&playlist=playlist&mediaType=audio#

From Windmills

"Chaser" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Clock Don't Stop" (Chris DeStefano / Blair Daly / Hillary Lindsey) (likely cut)
"Future Daughter" (Ashley Gorley / Claude Kelly / Carrie Underwood)
"Microphone" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Pawn Shop Diamond" (Steve McEwan / Maren Morris / Carrie Underwood)
"Renegade Runaway" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"The Girl You Think I Am" (David Hodges / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)

"The Greatest Show on Earth" (Chris DeStefano/John Nite/Carrie Underwood)
"Nothing Like Loving You" (Chris DeStefano/Hillary Lindsey/Carrie Underwood)

Songs on hold (NOT confirmed as cuts):
"Fighter" (Johan Fransson / Audra Mae / Tim Larsson / Tobias Lundgren)
"Lighthouse" (Felicia Barton / Meghan Kabir)

Holds, courtesy @Frntporchjunki
"Black Gold" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Red Roses Black" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Junk Yard" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
Give It All” (Carrie Underwood, Charles Kelley, Dave Haywood)
Waiting For” (Carrie Underwood , Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley)

From Mairy at Pulse Music Board:
"Wishing Well" (Ross Copperman, Carrie Underwood, Will Hoge)

"Thunder" (Ross Copperman, Caitlyn Smith, Carrie Underwood)
"Black and White" (Ross Copperman, Caitlyn Smith, Carrie Underwood)
"Rhythm of a Broken Heart" (Ross Copperman, Carrie Underwood, Jack Antanoff)

"Homewrecker Red" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)
"House without any Doors" (Ashely Gorley, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
"Poison Apple" (Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally)

From Typo on Pulse Music Board:
'Get Even'
(Luke Laird / Hillary Lindsey / Shane McAnally / Carrie Underwood)
'Is It Just Me?'
(Ashley Gorley / Shane McAnally / Carrie Underwood)
"Hallelujah Hometown" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Million Dollar Bonfire" (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"We've All Got One" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"The Song Plays On" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)
"Tomorrow" (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Carrie Underwood)

"Deja Vu" (Chris Destefano, David Hodges, Carrie Underwood)
"Good Ole Days" (Chris Destefano, David Hodges, Hillary Lindsey, Carrie Underwood)

Last edited:

opry051008

Bringing over some of the info from our previous thread.

As per Windmills:

So, here's an updated list of known cowrites, holds, and likely cuts for Carrie's upcoming album, again with the caveat that there's limited info because Carrie's asked publishing companies to delay registering songs (the Nashville-based ones seem to be respecting that wish - the titles getting out are all ones with a cowriter with a non-Nashville-based publishing deal):

"Chaser" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Clock Don't Stop" (Chris DeStefano / Blair Daly / Hillary Lindsey) (likely cut)
"Future Daughter" (Ashley Gorley / Claude Kelly / Carrie Underwood) - not 100% confirmed this was co-written for the new album, but I think it may have been.
"Microphone" (Mike Elizondo / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Pawn Shop Diamond" (Steve McEwan / Maren Morris / Carrie Underwood)
"Renegade Runaway" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
"Something In The Water" (Chris DeStefano / Brett James / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)
"The Girl You Think I Am" (David Hodges / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood) (likely cut)

Songs on hold (NOT confirmed as cuts):
"Fighter" (Johan Fransson / Audra Mae / Tim Larsson / Tobias Lundgren)
"Lighthouse" (Felicia Barton / Meghan Kabir)

A trio of additional holds, also not confirmed as cuts, courtesy @Frntporchjunki

"Black Gold" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Red Roses Black" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)
"Junk Yard" (Chris DeStefano / Josh Kear)

Found these at Pulse:
(Posted by mairy)

WISHING WELL ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,WILL HOGE
THUNDER ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD
BLACK AND WHITE ROSS COPPERMAN,CAITLYN SMITH,CARRIE UNDERWOOD
RHYTHM OF A BROKEN HEART ROSS COPPERMAN,CARRIE UNDERWOOD,JACK ANTANOFF

The writers on the three songs I posted earlier are:

Homewrecker Red : Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally
House without any Doors: Ashely Gorley, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey
Poison Apple: Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey, Shane McAnally

carriethequeen

I'm going to enjoy the Greatest Hits era to the fullest, but I'll always remain excited for a 5th full studio album! Who knows when we'll get it, but it will come eventually

jptexas

I'm going to enjoy the Greatest Hits era to the fullest, but I'll always remain excited for a 5th full studio album! Who knows when we'll get it, but it will come eventually

I'm calling it. Release on late oct/early nov 2015. She got sidetracked with the pregnancy as far as recording the songs but the musicians could still lay down their parts. It's basically done. I don't think we have to wait that long. Also, the big shots already released this year so sales wise, she's got little or no competition. It's all good.

jaks_weyn

Yeah! great to have the 5th album have its own thread! And thanks opry for bringing the important details! love seeing those titles again! : D

adam1995

Hoping for...
Pawn Shop Diamond
The Girl You Think I Am
Red Roses Black
Junk Yard
Rhythm of a Broken Heart
Homewrecker Red
House Without Any Doors

JB172

I think that the 5th album was going to come out on or right around the date that the GH album is coming out but her getting pregnant changed things so they went with the greatest hits album and I am with jp that the full album will come out some time in the fall and she will tour the first part of 2016, the baby will be close to if not a year old and depending on what he wants to do Mike may or may not retire after this year and if he does he could go out on tour here and there or he can be home with the little guy.

Zman312

I completely agree, album number 5 was to coming out this year. Though I am not the biggest fan of GH albums, it was a smart move and as a fan I am happy at least we get two new solo songs.

teesharky

Carrie did tell the UK press that she hoped to tour the UK next year and she mentioned new music coming out next year.

PNGcarriefan95

I'm actually glad we're getting the GH album decade #1 right now. Girl has so many hits, she really did need to clear the deck to make way for some more #1s. Imagine if she had waited 1 or 2 more albums before releasing a GH CD. It would probably be 3 CDs, or she would have to limit it to Platinum-certified hits only, LOL. No MS, but then no SYA or DFTRM.

Do you guys think with the GH album coming out the label should try and do some smart pricing deals for the first 4 albums as well to boost their sales? BA is at over 1.7 million copies sold. I want it to go 2x platinum. How early could they certify it 2x plat? If it sells 1.9 million? Do you guys think it will eventually go 2x plat? I was thinking the label could do a sale for the 1st 4 albums at $7 or something during GH week release or during the holiday shopping period, so that their sales go up. And also put the BA DVD at the same price as well.

CarrieAddicted

I'm actually glad we're getting the GH album decade #1 right now. Girl has so many hits, she really did need to clear the deck to make way for some more #1s. Imagine if she had waited 1 or 2 more albums before releasing a GH CD. It would probably be 3 CDs, or she would have to limit it to Platinum-certified hits only, LOL. No MS, but then no SYA or DFTRM.

Do you guys think with the GH album coming out the label should try and do some smart pricing deals for the first 4 albums as well to boost their sales? BA is at over 1.7 million copies sold. I want it to go 2x platinum. How early could they certify it 2x plat? If it sells 1.9 million? Do you guys think it will eventually go 2x plat? I was thinking the label could do a sale for the 1st 4 albums at $7 or something during GH week release or during the holiday shopping period, so that their sales go up. And also put the BA DVD at the same price as well.

I do think it's the perfect time for a GH too. It's been 10 years, 4 albums and 18 #1's (now 20 thanks to SITW and SB). Not to mention her records and accolades.

About BA going 2x Platinum: we were talking about it yesterday on the "SITW mediabase" thread.

They already can (and, IMO, should) certify it 2x Platinum. But it TOTALLY depends on what the label wants.
Several albums that cross the 1.6 million mark get certified 2x Platinum.

Just this week, I saw that One Direction's second album has sold 1.8 million and it's 2x Platinum.

See? It depends only on the label...

opry051008

I think that the 5th album was going to come out on or right around the date that the GH album is coming out but her getting pregnant changed things so they went with the greatest hits album and I am with jp that the full album will come out some time in the fall and she will tour the first part of 2016, the baby will be close to if not a year old and depending on what he wants to do Mike may or may not retire after this year and if he does he could go out on tour here and there or he can be home with the little guy.

So basically, it's all the baby's fault that we have to wait. lol.

opry051008

Carrie did tell the UK press that she hoped to tour the UK next year and she mentioned new music coming out next year.

I think that Carrie was really talking about new music coming out next year. There is no way that I see Carrie taking her less than one year baby across the ocean to tour the UK when she could tour in the US. I agree with the others, new music at the end of the year and touring in 2016.

Carrie Country

I am still holding out hopes for a real studio album of all new music! It was supposed to be almost done and when she went on TV to announce GH I never in a million years thought that's what it was going to be since I really seriously thought I was the 5th album! All I can say is I hope its coming and this is not the end!

txacar

I am still holding out hopes for a real studio album of all new music! It was supposed to be almost done and when she went on TV to announce GH I never in a million years thought that's what it was going to be since I really seriously thought I was the 5th album! All I can say is I hope its coming and this is not the end!

Amazing, isn't it? Everyone wants her to start a family, but nobody wants her to take the time to start a family. This year she has given us half an album -- KUS, SB, High Life, All Is Well, SITW, soon LTG, and sooooo many memorable performances. In addition, she wrote a ton for the new album. I'm sure she will continue writing throughout the remainder of her pregnancy. She has many more months to write or find the best music out there. I believe Album #5 will be her greatest album to date and worth every second of the wait.

Farawayhills

I understand your hopes and concern for a 5th album - but I really wouldn't worry on that score. Carrie herself has given a clear indication that it's not going to be the end. In her interview with the BBC, while she was preparing for the CMAs last week, she said that she hoped to be touring with new music next year. You can add to that the fact that her present retrospective is labelled "Decade One". She has also said in recent interviews that she hopes the CMA hosting will continue in future years. There's no indication at all that she envisages giving up an ongoing active career.