Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller's Misheard Lyrics

carriefan14

So I feel like with this album I had to actually look at the album notes to figure out what the lyric was. I think it's because this album has had the most complex lyrics of her albums to date.

Anyway, I noticed on the internet people obviously misheard some things and published it on sites like A-Z lyrics or similar sites.

In RR, the album notes say "Young gunslinger makin' you a mess". Some people have written it down as "Young gunslinger makin' new amends".

In Heartbeat, the album notes say "I wanna feel it like a kick drum" which makes more sense than "And wanna feel it like a kick drum" even though sometimes I think Carrie actually does sing "And wanna" lol

And in Mexico I thought she was saying "If they get the cops on us it's 25 to life". Nope, it's "if they get the cuffs on us"

Burst

In Church Bells I heard
Jenny grew up wild
Like a black foot daisy
Out in the shack
With a bloated count

AIgrl06

I'm like, 95% sure on Heartbeat she does sing "And I wanna feel it like a kick drum." I don't care what the liner notes say, lol.

Suellen

For WINKIAW, I thought Carrie was singing "dressing this way," until I saw the lyric video and noticed it was "dressing in white."

In Chaser, I thought it was, "It's the thrill, it's the high, it's the love of the game." Instead of "It's the thrill, it's the hunt, it's the love of the game."

In Relapse, I thought it was, "You're just someone that I'm tasting." "Some wine" sounded so much like "someone" to me!

In TGYTIAM, I thought it was "I was singing at a baby laying in a manger." The actual lyrics of "I was signing 'bout a baby laying in a manger" make much more sense.

In Mexico, I thought it was "And I'll lead 'em down a different road"

I had quite a few lyric mishaps with this album. :-(

AIgrl06

In Relapse, I thought it was, "You're just someone that I'm tasting." "Some wine" sounded so much like "someone" to me!

Oh. My. God.

Is this in the liner notes as "You're just some wine that I'm tasting?" Because no. My ears clearly hear "someone."

I've obviously never actually looked up the lyrics to any of these songs.

Oh. My. God.

Is this in the liner notes as "You're just some wine that I'm tasting?" Because no. My ears clearly hear "someone."

Yep, that's what it says in the album liner! I didn't find out until about a month after the album came out when I was just casually scrolling through the album booklet.

They sound too much alike!!!

maddkat

Staff member
In Chaser, I thought it was, "It's the thrill, it's the high, it's the love of the game." Instead of "It's the thrill, it's the hunt, it's the love of the game."

In TGYTIAM, I thought it was "I was singing at a baby laying in a manger." The actual lyrics of "I was signing 'bout a baby laying in a manger" make much more sense.

In Mexico, I thought it was "And I'll lead 'em down a different road"

I had quite a few lyric mishaps with this album. :-(

thats what I hear.what is the correct lyric?

mtreasmith

Wow. I FEEL STUPID. I have sung "you're just someone I've been tasting" soooooo many times. Out loud. In front of people.

Also, Renegade Runaway. The first line of the chorus. WHAT IS SHE SAYING, its so mumbled. lol

Wow. I FEEL STUPID. I have sung "you're just someone I've been tasting" soooooo many times. Out loud. In front of people.

Also, Renegade Runaway. The first line of the chorus. WHAT IS SHE SAYING, its so mumbled. lol

I believe it's "She's a sure-shot, knock the ash off a smokin' cigarettes."

maddkat

Staff member

lol, join the crowd

RR line is 'she's a sure shot knock the ash off a smokin' cigarette"
it's a reference to Annie Oakley, who was a sharp shooter and would shoot ashes off cigarettes in her shows

txacar

Oh. My. God.

Not laughing about misunderstanding the lyrics because I've done that many times. But this one is so hilarious. The title indicates, of course, she is comparing her addiction to him to an alcoholic who relapses. Can't imagine what you envision when she sings the lyric "one or two little sips" with you're just someone that I'm tasting. Lol!!! Thanks for the laugh -- too funny!!

AIgrl06

Not laughing about misunderstanding the lyrics because I've done that many times. But this one is so hilarious. The title indicates, of course, she is comparing her addiction to him to an alcoholic who relapses. Can't imagine what you envision when she sings the lyric "one or two little sips" with you're just someone that I'm tasting. Lol!!! Thanks for the laugh -- too funny!!

Wouldn't you like to know!

Gator

lol, join the crowd

RR line is 'she's a sure shot knock the ash off a smokin' cigarette"
it's a reference to Annie Oakley, who was a sharp shooter and would shoot ashes off cigarettes in her shows

Thanks, this is the only lyric I questioned. ;-)

carriefan14

Also, dirty laundry - what is she saying versus what is the correct lyric?

"Just say goodbye to yoooooou"
"And say goodbye to yoooooou"
"To say goodbye to yoooooooou"

Kizmet311

Also, dirty laundry - what is she saying versus what is the correct lyric?

"Just say goodbye to yoooooou"
"And say goodbye to yoooooou"
"To say goodbye to yoooooooou"

Pretty sure it's "to say goodbye to you". The "laundry" is waving in the wind "to" say goodbye to the guy.