Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Feeling.....

carriefann

Hey, I just got back from the movie, and I ate a big bag of popcorn, with butter. This always happens to me after I eat popcorn for some reason. It's like I feel weak, and my hands start shaking slightly, and I feel kind of faint. I don't know why this happens. I'm not diabetic, and I'm pretty small for my age, 5'5, 115 lbs. Right now I'm eating ice cream, because usually when I eat something sweet after this I feel much better, I'm already feeling better. I don't know; I can't explain it.

Why do I do this to myself, lol?? No more popcorn.....or at least, not with butter. That may be what does it.

JB172

That is strange, I think that you might want to stop eating popcorn or try it without the butter.

Carrieflattsfan

It sounds like you could have low blood sugar. That's not really a big deal, a lot of people get headaches or feel shakey or lightheaded because of it. I used to get horrible headaches and it I always used to feel better after laying down or eating something.

carriefann

I think that may be it; I may have low blood sugar. Ugh, this sucks! I'm giving up popcorn, and I really love popcorn. But it's not worth feeling like this. If it gets bad enough, it can ruin my whole day. So, no more popcorn :(

jbrown

I think that may be it; I may have low blood sugar. Ugh, this sucks! I'm giving up popcorn, and I really love popcorn. But it's not worth feeling like this. If it gets bad enough, it can ruin my whole day. So, no more popcorn :(

Is it just popcorn with butter from the theater or all kinds of popcorn? Popcorn with butter should not lower your blood sugar because they are high in calories and can actually raise your sugar or maintain it. Do you think you are allergic to the kind of popcorn in the theater, there are some chemicals on those food.

carriefann

No, it's any time I eat popcorn, either at home or theater. But strange, I always eat it with butter. Idk!! My doctor took a blood sample a few months ago, he said I wasn't diabetic, so I have no idea. But I'm staying away from popcorn!!

carriefann

Yeah, I felt fine right after eating strawberry ice-cream last night! :eek: No worries. I usually eat something sweet and I'm fine.

supercarriefan

I'd have your doctor look into potential allergies. Popcorn shouldn't make you feel like that, and it shouldn't cause low blood sugar especially if it has butter on it. If you were suffering from low blood sugar, you'd be weak everytime your blood sugar was low, not just after eating one particular food.
I'm glad you're feeling better today!

carebear4eva

Hey, I just got back from the movie, and I ate a big bag of popcorn, with butter. This always happens to me after I eat popcorn for some reason. It's like I feel weak, and my hands start shaking slightly, and I feel kind of faint. I don't know why this happens. I'm not diabetic, and I'm pretty small for my age, 5'5, 115 lbs. Right now I'm eating ice cream, because usually when I eat something sweet after this I feel much better, I'm already feeling better. I don't know; I can't explain it.

Why do I do this to myself, lol?? No more popcorn.....or at least, not with butter. That may be what does it.

Are you sure it's something to do with the popcorn? The other factor could be the cinema itself. Maybe two hours of bright lights and loud sounds left you feeling iffy? Or maybe just SITTING for a long period of time?

Sorry, I'm no medical person, just trying to be helpful.

shawn802

You actually feeling all this today and its freaking me out!i hope it will just pass i do have anxiety and also worry allot about things..........