Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

pklongbeach

Agree about getting political here. I don't know why she would but not only is it not the audience for it but it is just not a mood where people are interested in her personal opinions. A political statement would be to not do it or do it in some "honor of". But to make any kind of statement here would be off point......

teesharky

^ yeah I have had about enough annoying celeb political statements for one lifetime. I just want to enjoy football in peace. If she goes there she will ruin the game for half the viewers and take all enjoyment away. Everyone deserves to have one moment of fun:escape from all this bs. I really hope she makes it fun for everyone and not a big alienating political thing. The super bowl is for all Americans to enjoy. No politics please. Enough already.

Kizmet311

I can't imagine Tony at the Super Bowl! Lol

Me either, lol. We will be starting the game late, though, and have zero interest in either of the teams playing. I'll DVR it, FF through the game to watch the commercials, and out of curiosity, I will probably watch the halftime show. I like some of Gaga's old songs, so I hope she will do some of those (Poker Face, LoveGame, Bad Romance, You and I, and the Edge of Glory). Honestly, those are about the only songs I really like. I guess that's why I'm not that excited about it. Tony is just an odd choice. Of course, I think Lady Gaga was an odd choice, because the height of her popularity was several years ago. As for the show being a spectacle, it is somewhat expected, and I don't mind the flash. I do hope she refrains from any political statements with her performance, though. This is just supposed to be entertainment and that is all people want.

pklongbeach

The thing is, if a person is recognized and given a platform to speak about their recognition I have no problem with them blathering on. Its their 2 minutes.

But an "entertainer" who is there to entertain really has no business using that stage for their own personal opinions. Thats just not what they are there for.

adam1995

The thing is, if a person is recognized and given a platform to speak about their recognition I have no problem with them blathering on. Its their 2 minutes.

But an "entertainer" who is there to entertain really has no business using that stage for their own personal opinions. Thats just not what they are there for.

It's still kind of the same though, if they win an award, talk about the work, the people who helped get you there don't tell me about something totally unrelated. Carrie won Female Vocalist of the Year, I want to hear what that means to her not how she feels about a border wall. For me an award show is still not the place.

pklongbeach

It's still kind of the same though, if they win an award, talk about the work, the people who helped get you there don't tell me about something totally unrelated. Carrie won Female Vocalist of the Year, I want to hear what that means to her not how she feels about a border wall. For me an award show is still not the place.
I guess I still feel like if you honor someone and give them a few minutes to speak, that is in honor of them, and they should be able to speak about what they want. but I do understand. No one wants to listen to people go on and on about their pet projects that have nothing to do with why they are there.....

teesharky

^ It's just too much sometimes. But sometimes, it's GREAT. Ie- when Leo DiCaprio won his Oscar and Globe last year, he made speeches to support the Environment, his passion. He did not bash anyone, or make anyone feel uncomfortable or turn the channel. Instead, he called on everyone to help save the world, and it was beautiful. He did not get political. It was just a nice moment from his heart. I liked that. But some of the celebs have been really annoying as they don't seem to care that they are making half the viewers feel like crap. haha

Anyway-- I just think the Super Bowl is for EVERYONE, so it is very unfair to ruin the big night and fun for those who disagree with your politics. It is not the time. We are all Americans. Can't we just get along for one dang night? haha

txacar

Gaga hanging from the sky, ceiling, whatever, will be interesting. I will be watching because I want to see what she does. It feels weird though because, I feel she should have done the SB during the height of her career. I liked her during The Fame/Fame Monster era. Unless you are a die hard Monster, then you're super excited for this. In general, I think people are kind of over Lady Gaga. The woman has hits though! so i'm excited to see her perform the songs that made people fall in love with her in the beginning. I know her songs will skyrocket on the iTunes charts afterwards.

No decision yet on open or closed roof -- spotty showers are forecast for tomorrow. Lol, I'm sure she has a couple of options planned.

carriethequeen

I am so excited for Lady Gaga!! With her catalog of hits and her genuinely good voice (unlike some pop stars), it will be a great performance

Louisa

^ I love what they say about Carrie. It's all so true. She needs to get her shot.

I agree. It would be awesome to see Carrie perform at the Super Bowl. Shania Twain rocked it back in the day. I'd love to see Carrie do the same. :)

DazzledByCarrie

I agree. It would be awesome to see Carrie perform at the Super Bowl. Shania Twain rocked it back in the day. I'd love to see Carrie do the same. :)

I'd love to see Carrie do the Super Bowl, but I hope she wouldn't feel the pressure to put on the completely over the top display that seems to be so popular for the halftime show these days. I mean, certainly, put on a show, but it doesn't have to be this ostentatious. That's not really Carrie's style though, so I'm sure it wouldn't be.

maddkat

Staff member
I totally do not get what is so entertaining about frenetic halftimes.Didn't really enjoy that.Sorry