Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superbowl Half Time Show

DaisyTweets

Well that seems to be the popular meme, but it is also quite untrue. If it had been prerecorded don't you think the folks that were actually there would have been tweeting & posting about it? Yet....crickets....
It was taped, Ron. They taped it about a week ago according to what I heard this morning. It all had something to do with fly zone clearance or something to do with the fly zone.

DaisyTweets

I thought Luke did a fine job. Respectful and I think the audience appreciated his toned down performance......
Outside of being flat a couple of times when he was going for a glory note and he held it too long, he did ok. He won't go down as one of the memorable performances and at least he didn't mess up any of the words.

adam1995

Not to start a smear-discussion after an amazing game. But how do you figure they cheated??? It just makes no sense.......

As for Gaga, I think she did really well. This is her wheel house. Big/Showy/High Drama. And that is what we got. I am not sure it read to the audience that watches the SB but it was still good for those of us who like that kind of thing.

Side notes; she was singing live about as much as she jumped off the roof. Neither. But it does not matter it still worked very well for affect. And before anyone attacks me for saying she did not sing live, I just mean to say that the entire thing was pretaped with much overdubbing and she basically just sang along and shouted whenever she felt like it.... thats not exactly live singing.... but again, it was really entertaining and trying to do the whole thing "live" would have made for very poor production value. Its all good.

thats the only factor that I cringe alittle about with Carrie doing it. I know she would expect to do it "live" which would make it more difficult for her to do one of these "big extravaganzas" that everyone has leaned to expect. She would mostly stand still and sing at the top of her lungs. And that is not what i want from her at all....... so not sure about that.......

I agree that Bruno is one of the few that was the perfect combo of showmanship quality and talent.

It's partially a joke and partially based on the fact that not once but twice they were caught cheating over the last few seasons. I don't trust any game they play in as being fair anymore. They'll probably never regain my trust as a reputable organization again until the known cheaters are gone.

Last edited:

pklongbeach

Outside of being flat a couple of times when he was going for a glory note and he held it too long, he did ok. He won't go down as one of the memorable performances and at least he didn't mess up any of the words.
Agreed! Its funny that with professional sings we listen to the National Anthem and pray they don't screw up the words!!! ha ha ha

Smokyiiis

^^^that link won't open for me but I read yesterday that Carrie Underwood is up for consideration for the 2018 Super Bowl halftime show.
Is that what the link was saying?

Smokyiiis

Carrie Underwood is already being put forward as a potential performer for the 2018 Super Bowl halftime show.
Though the 2017 Super Bowl may only just have gone out with a bang thanks to Lady Gaga’s stellar halftime performance, there’s already a whole lot of speculation from fans about who should provide the entertainment at Super Bowl 52 in February 2018, and many fans are championing Carrie.
Football fans flocked to social media to put forward Underwood’s name as a possible halftime headliner for the 2018 Super Bowl, which is scheduled to take place at U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota on February 4, 2018.
A slew of social media users took to Twitter to urge the NFL to consider Underwood for the 2018 halftime show both before and after seeing Gaga’s electric performance, inundating the football league and the 140-character site with pleas to have Carrie be the big performer at next year’s game.