Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - Evermore

ChoctawCountyAffair

NEW ALBUM OUT TONIGHT!!!
I am like the happiest person in the world right now!!!!
Folklore was such a good album, and i still listen to it everyday, and now i will have 17 new songs!

pkslongbeach

I wonder what it is for or about? Folklore seemed to be the more acoustic introspective "quarantine" album that could have only really happened in these unprecedented times. I wonder what this will have that is unique to that.

lolita55

Yeah,I saw that too. Anything Taylor releases even a surprise album is going to be #1.Jeez,her output is freaking insane. Any chances of Carrie having a #1 album are out of the window with that happening.

Taylor has some delusional fans. Her last 3 albums sucked, and yet they lap it up and she continues to get praise from the critics even when she deserves none.

Sparkny

Taylor has some delusional fans. Her last 3 albums sucked, and yet they lap it up and she continues to get praise from the critics even when she deserves none.

what are you talking about? :rolleyes: foklore is one of the best albums released this year hands down and maybe her best album.
Can't wait for evermore.

I’m elated to tell you that my 9th studio album, and folklore’s sister record, will be out tonight at midnight eastern. It’s called evermore. To put it plainly, we just couldn’t stop writing songs. To try and put it more poetically, it feels like we were standing on the edge of the folklorian woods and had a choice: to turn and go back or to travel further into the forest of this music. We chose to wander deeper in. I’ve never done this before. In the past I’ve always treated albums as one-off eras and moved onto planning the next one after an album was released. There was something different with folklore. In making it, I felt less like I was departing and more like I was returning. I loved the escapism I found in these imaginary/not imaginary tales. I loved the ways you welcomed the dreamscapes and tragedies and epic tales of love lost and found into your lives. So I just kept writing them. And I loved creating these songs with Aaron Dessner, Jack Antonoff, WB, and Justin Vernon. We’ve also welcomed some new (and longtime) friends to our musical kitchen table this time around...
Ever since I was 13, I’ve been excited about turning 31 because it’s my lucky number backwards, which is why I wanted to surprise you with this now. You’ve all been so caring, supportive and thoughtful on my birthdays and so this time I thought I would give you something! I also know this holiday season will be a lonely one for most of us and if there are any of you out there who turn to music to cope with missing loved ones the way I do, this is for you. There are 15 tracks on the standard edition of evermore, but the deluxe physical edition will include two bonus tracks - “right where you left me” and “it’s time to go” ⌛️ All *digital downloads* of the album will include an exclusive, digital booklet with 16 brand new photos. You can pre-order evermore now at store.taylorswift.com

Taylor-Swift-announces-ninth-studio-album-Evermore-to-release-Willow-music-video-tomorrow-.jpg

I believe she's pregnant! It'd be amazing

NC State Carrie Fan

Wow lol. Reputation is one of my favorite albums of all time - we do not deserve that album.

I will admit I’m not the biggest fan of folklore so I hate we’re getting a second record like it but I still am excited nonetheless! It will have some good songs on it!

Josh

Y'all two of the OG queens up against another once again. Can't wait to hear Taylor's new music! I still hope one day they can get along again and collab.

Josh

Taylor gotta release that 2nd album this year because Adele is going to slay everyone next year, so it's good she gets this one out of the way. Another record breaking million selling album is almost here!

Josh

Wow lol. Reputation is one of my favorite albums of all time - we do not deserve that album.

I will admit I’m not the biggest fan of folklore so I hate we’re getting a second record like it but I still am excited nonetheless! It will have some good songs on it!

Folklore was pretty boring to me as well as the aesthetic. Very bland and lacking the magic of previous albums, but those are the types of albums that are critically acclaimed somehow? I don't get it. I loved Cardigan though, as that had the "magic" of her earlier years and is my fav song since Begin Again.

People also loved Lana del Rey's Norman ****ing Rockwell, and it honestly was her most boring album imo. I can't get how it's critically acclaimed or their "best album ever" but people have strange ideas of what's good or not.

lizcarlo

what are you talking about? :rolleyes: foklore is one of the best albums released this year hands down and maybe her best album.
Can't wait for evermore.

I’m elated to tell you that my 9th studio album, and folklore’s sister record, will be out tonight at midnight eastern. It’s called evermore. To put it plainly, we just couldn’t stop writing songs. To try and put it more poetically, it feels like we were standing on the edge of the folklorian woods and had a choice: to turn and go back or to travel further into the forest of this music. We chose to wander deeper in. I’ve never done this before. In the past I’ve always treated albums as one-off eras and moved onto planning the next one after an album was released. There was something different with folklore. In making it, I felt less like I was departing and more like I was returning. I loved the escapism I found in these imaginary/not imaginary tales. I loved the ways you welcomed the dreamscapes and tragedies and epic tales of love lost and found into your lives. So I just kept writing them. And I loved creating these songs with Aaron Dessner, Jack Antonoff, WB, and Justin Vernon. We’ve also welcomed some new (and longtime) friends to our musical kitchen table this time around...
Ever since I was 13, I’ve been excited about turning 31 because it’s my lucky number backwards, which is why I wanted to surprise you with this now. You’ve all been so caring, supportive and thoughtful on my birthdays and so this time I thought I would give you something! I also know this holiday season will be a lonely one for most of us and if there are any of you out there who turn to music to cope with missing loved ones the way I do, this is for you. There are 15 tracks on the standard edition of evermore, but the deluxe physical edition will include two bonus tracks - “right where you left me” and “it’s time to go” ⌛️ All *digital downloads* of the album will include an exclusive, digital booklet with 16 brand new photos. You can pre-order evermore now at store.taylorswift.com

View attachment 31594

She looks so perfect. I just love this picture.

lolita55

Can't wait for evermore.

View attachment 31594

I do not like her last three albums at all, and folklore was a bore.

Josh

So, I just had the strangest thing happen so I'll put it here. My Grandfather died yesterday morning because of Covid-19. I wasn't in the mood to listen to a new Taylor anything as a result, so I was listening to this one folky song just before 12am. The "video" I imagined with it had me following a golden string to a place where my grandparents were, but I couldn't let go of the string or I'd die. There was more to it, but anyway then I decided to watch Taylor's new song because I can't sleep anyway, and she is literally following a GOLDEN STRING to someone! I swear this happened, and I didn't see any images of the video prior. If only I posted my little story somewhere right before I'd have proof lol.

cmuf2011

Taylor music video for Willow was inspired by the Evermoor chronicles on Disney+

It was so inspired that teachers would refer to it as plagiarism.

Disclaimer I’m not saying Taylor plagiarize/copyrighted but with it being so similar I’m hoping she got permission to use that video concept

twaintrain

I think this may be the first Taylor album I don’t buy. I’ve listened to about half of it and the only song I like is “Willow”. It just sounds like songs that didn’t make the cut for “folklore”. Except for “Willow”, I don’t hear any discernible melodies and the lyrics are not impressive. I really enjoyed ‘folklore’ but this album just doesn’t do anything for me. Disappointing, as my hopes were up because I liked “Willow” more than “Cardigan”.

ChoctawCountyAffair

I think this may be the first Taylor album I don’t buy. I’ve listened to about half of it and the only song I like is “Willow”. It just sounds like songs that didn’t make the cut for “folklore”. Except for “Willow”, I don’t hear any discernible melodies and the lyrics are not impressive. I really enjoyed ‘folklore’ but this album just doesn’t do anything for me. Disappointing, as my hopes were up because I liked “Willow” more than “Cardigan”.

Really? You didn't like any of the first songs? I feel like is this album is stronger on the first half, than the last. I really liked Willow, No Body, No Crime (it should have been a Carrie collab), Champagne Problems, Tis the Damn Season and Tolerate it. Basically the i loved the first songs!
You should listen to Marjorie, if you had an amazing grandma like she did (or me), you will like it. It broke my heart.

HuiZ

This album is definitely not for me. I've never hit skip so many times on her album. No doubt she is an excellent writer and lyricist.... but the songs are soo... boring...

No body, no crime stood out. But girl needs to learn from Carrie the master when it comes to murder ballads lol

twaintrain

Really? You didn't like any of the first songs? I feel like is this album is stronger on the first half, than the last. I really liked Willow, No Body, No Crime (it should have been a Carrie collab), Champagne Problems, Tis the Damn Season and Tolerate it. Basically the i loved the first songs!
You should listen to Marjorie, if you had an amazing grandma like she did (or me), you will like it. It broke my heart.

I will listen to “Marjorie”. I like the instrumentation on this record and the ‘feel’ of the songs, which is why it’s frustrating I’m not connecting. The only song I really enjoyed upon the first listen was “Willow”. “No Body, No Crime” is clever and I loved the style, it may grow on me. I will give the album another chance, but it’s the first Taylor album not to draw me in.