Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - folklore

twaintrain

This is definitely a new sound for Taylor. I am getting almost an alternative rock vibe from the first few songs. Very interesting.

twaintrain

Did anyone else order off her website? I was supposed to get an email to redeem my digital download but haven’t received it yet.

I just listened top to bottom and went in with an open mind after not really vibing with Lover (too much of it was juvenile and cringe for me). I know people are raving about it now and this is a different stylistic approach which I appreciate her trying, but so many of the songs are what I would listen to in order to make myself fall asleep at night if that makes sense. Not everything has to be super exciting and fully of energy, but it’s a little bit boring to me with the tempo and everything. Her hardcore fans seem to love it. I did see a comment though about how in a few weeks, a lot of people who are 100% into it will most likely have slightly differing opinions once the shock wears off. All of the different colors are pretty though and I like the different versions.

lizcarlo

haid6vqrcqc51.jpg

adam1995

While I have found her last couple albums pretty lackluster, this is a beautiful album. Great songwriting, imagery. Really nice, could see this pulling in Grammys come winter.

gocountrymusic

easily her best written album in a while. I did not enjoy Lover that much at all. Favorite tracks right now are American Dynasty, Exile and Betty. More thoughts on it later when I have time

abbeyjones18

I like the words to her songs but my goodness, the melodies seem to always sound the same.

I know, right? And some of the songs are over 4 minutes...I got bored pretty quickly, lol. The only songs that stood out to me were the duet and Betty. I'm going to try to take another listen, but it was tough for me, lol. 😅

twaintrain

I wish there had been a ‘parental advisory’ indicator when I was preordering. I was not happy when I found out she uses the f-word on this album. I would have waited to get the edited version. It’s pretty sad that she did that. She stood apart from her pop peers by not being trashy and vulgar.

simonplay

She was so good at creating amazing melodies! I listened like 8 or 9 songs and fell asleep. I can't remember how the songs sound at all but I read that she made this album in 3 months, maybe that's why it seems so off.

rcramer

I agree it is the same through and through. But I have always felt that Taylor was a good song writer.... and I was never a fan of folk music, so the music does nothing for me....

lizcarlo

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ent--20200726-c44edtaswfaq7jrvayzkakpn3u-story.html

Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ sells 1.3 million copies in 24 hours

Even though its existence was announced just 15 hours before its release, Taylor Swift’s “Folklore” sold more than 1.3 million copies globally in just 24 hours, according to Republic Records, which released the album.

According to the announcement, the album also broke the global record for first-day album streams on Spotify by a female artist with 80.6 million streams, and delivered "the most-streamed pop album on Apple Music in 24 hours" with 35.47 million streams. "Folklore" also set the U.S. and Worldwide Amazon Music Indie/Alternative Streaming Record, although further details were not immediately available.

Final first-week numbers will not be available until a week from Monday, but the album could well be on track for the biggest debut of 2020, a mark held by The Weeknd's "After Hours" until last week, when it was surpassed by Juice WRLD's posthumous album "Legends Never Die," which clocked 517,800 album-equivalent units in its first week -- the first album to shift more than 500,000 units in its first week this year, according to Rolling Stone's album charts. "After Hours" debuted with 460,000 units in March. (To put that in context, the above numbers are U.S. only, while Swift's numbers provided by the label are global.)

When announcing the album on social media Thursday morning, Swift described it as “entire brand new album of songs I’ve poured all of my whims, dreams, fears and musings into… Before this year, I probably would’ve overthought when to release this music at the ‘perfect time,’ but the times we’re living in keep reminding me that nothing is guaranteed. My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That’s the side of uncertainty I can get on board with.”

lizcarlo

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/taylor-swift-folklore-breaking-records-spotify

Taylor Swift's “Folklore” Is Already Breaking Records

Taylor Swift’s folklore has been out in the world for just a few days, and it’s already breaking major records.

Forbes reports that the eighth studio album from Taylor, released on July 24, quickly racked up over 80 million global Spotify streams that same day, making it the biggest album debut for a female artist on the music platform. That record was previously held by Ariana Grande, whose 2019 album thank u, next debuted at 70.2 million streams.
Taylor’s Spotify reign doesn’t end there; folklore also currently holds the spot for the app’s biggest streaming debut of 2020, topping Juice WRLD’s Legends Never Die, which acquired 73 million streams on its opening day earlier this month.

The Hollywood Reporter adds that folklore sold over 1.3 million copies globally within 24 hours of its release. Such stats are expected from Taylor, whose previous album Lover shattered all kinds of sales records during its first week in 2019.

Unlike her previous albums, folklore was released as a surprise, without the long buildup and anticipation often associated with Taylor’s new music. She announced its debut on Thursday morning, just a little more than 12 hours before the album would be shared with the public. “Before this year I probably would’ve overthought when to release this music at the ‘perfect’ time, but the times we’re living in keep reminding me that nothing is guaranteed,” Taylor wrote on Instagram at the time. “My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That’s the side of uncertainty I can get on board with.”