Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift - folklore

lizcarlo

Taylor Swift Achieves Seventh No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart & Biggest Week of 2020 With 'Folklore'

https://www.billboard.com/articles/.../taylor-swift-folklore-billboard-200-number-1

02-taylor-swift-cr-Beth-Garrabrant-press-photo-2020-billboard-1548-1595547196-768x508.jpg

Taylor Swift’s Folklore flies in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, capturing the biggest week for any album since Swift’s last release, 2019’s Lover.
Folkore was released with little advance notice on July 24 and earns Swift her seventh No. 1 album.
Folklore starts with 846,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending July 30, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. That marks the largest week registered for any album since Swift’s own Lover, which debuted at No. 1 on the Sept. 7, 2019-dated chart with 867,000 units.
Further, in the last four years, the three biggest weeks for any album have been racked up by Swift. Dating back to July of 2016, the three largest frames for any album are: Swift’s Reputation (1.24 million units, Dec. 2, 2017-dated chart), Lover (867,000) and Folklore (846,000).

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Aug. 8-dated chart (where Folklore bows at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's website on Aug. 4.
Folklore’s debut of 846,000 equivalent album units is led by 615,000 in album sales, 218,000 in SEA units (equating to 289.85 million on-demand streams of the tracks on the album), and 13,000 in TEA units.
Seventh No. 1 Album: Folklore marks Swift’s seventh No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, tying her with Janet Jackson for the third-most leaders among women in the history of the chart. Ahead of them on the leading ladies list are Barbra Streisand, with 11 No. 1s, and Madonna, with nine. Among all acts, The Beatles have the most No. 1 albums, with 19.
Before Folklore, Swift topped the chart with Lover (No. 1 for one week, Sept. 7, 2019-dated chart), Reputation (No. 1 for four weeks, 2017-18), 1989 (No. 1 for 11 weeks, 2014-15), Red (No. 1 for seven weeks, 2012-13), Speak Now (No. 1 for six weeks, 2010-11) and Fearless (No. 1 for 11 weeks, 2008-09).

Most No. 1 Debuts Among Women: All seven of Swift’s No. 1 albums have debuted at No. 1 -- a record among female artists. Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Britney Spears are tied with the second-most debuts at No. 1 among women, with six each. (Beyoncé, Gaga and Spears each have a total of six No. 1 albums -- and all of them also debuted at No. 1. Meanwhile, six of Madonna's nine total No. 1s debuted atop the list.)
Among all acts, Jay-Z has the most debuts at No. 1, with 14. All 14 of his No. 1 albums have debuted at No. 1.
2020’s Biggest Week for an Album, and Biggest for Any Album Since Swift’s Last Release, Lover: Folklore’s start of 846,000 equivalent album units marks the largest week for 2020 for any album. It blows past the previous high, which was registered just last month by the opening stanza of Juice WRLD’s Legends Never Die (497,000 units in the tracking week ending July 16; as reflected on the chart dated July 25).
In addition, Folklore nabs the biggest week for any album since Swift’s last release, Lover, less than a year ago. It launched atop the list dated Sept. 7, 2019, with 867,000 units earned in the week ending Aug. 29, 2019.

Lover was released on Aug. 23, 2019. Unlike the surprise-released Folklore, Lover was preceded by months of traditional promotion, which began with the release of the set’s first single, “Me!,” featuring Brendon Urie, on April 26, 2019.
Also, while Lover was available widely to purchase at all retailers in its first week, including Target, which carried four deluxe CD editions of the set, Folklore had a limited availability at retail in its first week. Folklore was only sold via Swift’s official webstore or via digital retailers. Folklore will be released on CD widely to all retailers on Aug. 7.
Swift Has the Three Biggest Weeks for Any Album in the Last Four Years: In the last four years, the three biggest weeks for any album have been racked up by Swift. Dating back to July of 2016, the three largest frames for any album were tallied by the debut weeks of Swift’s Reputation (1.24 million units, Dec. 2, 2017-dated chart), Lover (867,000) and Folklore (846,000).
The last time anyone not named Taylor Swift had a bigger week than Folklore was Drake, who saw his Views album launch with 1.04 million units at No. 1 on the May 21, 2016-dated chart.
Biggest Sales Week for an Album Since Lover: Folklore sold 615,000 copies in its first week, marking the largest sales frame for any album since Swift’s Lover sold 679,000 copies in its debut week (Sept. 7, 2019-dated chart).
As noted above, in Folklore’s first week of release, the album was only available to purchase through Swift’s website and digital retailers.
During the album’s first week, Swift’s webstore sold over a dozen physical/digital album bundles (with a CD, vinyl LP or cassette, plus the digital album). All of the physical/digital bundles delivered the digital version of the album upon purchase to the customer, while the physical version will ship to the customer later. Sales of such bundles -- where two formats of the same album are bundled together -- are counted as one sale, with the album configuration sold determined by the first version of the album that is fulfilled to the customer.
Swift’s store additionally sold an array of merchandise/digital album bundles.
‘Folklore’ Is Already 2020’s Top Selling Album: With 615,000 copies sold of Folklore in its first week, the album has already become 2020’s top selling album. It surpasses the previous top-seller, BTS’ Map of the Soul: 7, which has sold 574,000 since its release on Feb. 21.
First Act to Have Seven Different Albums Sell at Least 500,000 in a Single Week: As Folklore sold 615,000 copies in its first week, Swift becomes the first act to have seven different albums each sell at least 500,000 copies in a single week, since Nielsen Music/MRC Data began electronically tracking music sales in 1991. Swift previously achieved half-million sales frames with the debut weeks of her last six full-length studio albums: Lover (679,000, in 2019), Reputation (1.216 million, in 2017), 1989 (1.287 million, 2014), Red (1.208 million, 2012), Speak Now (1.047 million, 2010) and Fearless (592,000; 2008).
Swift was previously tied with Eminem, who has seen six of his albums each sell at least 500,000 copies in a week.
Largest Streaming Week of 2020 for an Album by a Woman: Folklore garnered 218,000 SEA units in its first week, which equals 289.85 million on-demand streams of its songs in its first week. That’s the biggest streaming week of 2020 for any album by a woman, and the biggest by a non-rap album this year. The only albums to generate bigger streaming frames in 2020 are two rap titles: Juice WRLD’s Legends Never Die, with 422.63 million in its opening week, and Lil Uzi Vert’s Eternal Atake, with 400.42 million and 348.72 million in its first and second weeks, respectively.
Folklore’s 289.85 million streams also mark the second-biggest streaming week ever for an album by a woman, behind only the debut frame of Ariana Grande’s Thank U, Next (307.07 million; chart dated Feb. 23, 2019).

lizcarlo

It’s been awhile since I was so excited listen to Taylor Swift cd and era. I am really enjoying Folklore. I really like the album. I like everything about it from simple beautiful photos, music, imagery ect.. I enjoy this kind of music where you absorb the songs that tell a story and set a mood. I thought it was going to be like Safe and Sound (really like this song) but was pleasantly surprised it was not. Its surprise I am enjoying very much. This type of writing is why I am fan of Taylor. The lyrics are good, instruments are so beautifully placed and production is so good. Really like this album. I will see in long run if its favorite. Now I am loving Folklore.

twaintrain

It’s been awhile since I was so excited listen to Taylor Swift cd and era. I am really enjoying Folklore. I really like the album. I like everything about it from simple beautiful photos, music, imagery ect.. I enjoy this kind of music where you absorb the songs that tell a story and set a mood. I thought it was going to be like Safe and Sound (really like this song) but was pleasantly surprised it was not. Its surprise I am enjoying very much. This type of writing is why I am fan of Taylor. The lyrics are good, instruments are so beautifully placed and production is so good. Really like this album. I will see in long run if its favorite. Now I am loving Folklore.

I agree. Funnily enough, “Lover” was the first TS CD I didn’t love. I just liked it. But she’s back with “Folklore”. It’s beautiful.

twaintrain

I’ve only listen to a few songs and I only listen to the songs once. And well compared to her last album based off of songs I’ve heard I like this one more well the instrumental part didn’t enjoy the cussing which is why I didn’t listen to the whole album on YouTube. I'm not really into pop for example you need to calm down I had a love-hate relationship with I liked the beginning but then it gotten a bit too political I’m okay with people having opinions and expressing their opinions it’s just that music to me is an escape I also don’t like politics. So I’m not a fan of it when music and politics mix

And side note I’m not a swifty I’m a curious person ie I’ll listen to her work like once out of curiosity. There are few songs that I’ve listen to more than once ie blank space, lwymmd, tdomg

So I’m curious what are y’all thoughts on this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ditor-published-review-singers-new-album.html

Edit I didn’t go looking for this i was just scrolling through Facebook when I saw the article title

That article is more proof people have lost their minds.

lizcarlo

I am getting the Deluxe edition. I saw the lyrics on The Lakes Taylor Swift fan site. The lyrics are poetic and just so incredible.

Suellen

So surprised Taylor used the F word in some of her songs. Doesn’t she know little children are listening to this record.

lizcarlo

The third album theme I put together is called “folklore: the saltbox house chapter” �� Listen here: taylor.lnk.to/saltboxhouse

The Last Greatest American Dynasty
August
The 1
Seven
Peace
Betty

118616407_10157999089255369_8425035500571908619_n.jpg