Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor Swift Turned Down Super Bowl Halftime show

Michael Reid

Carrie would be in the middle of her leg of the tour. I mean, it would be like 1 show to have to reschedule? I don’t know if she would reschedule some dates to make it work, if it was offered to her.

CU4ever

Carrie is, unfortunately, not "pop", so she won't get asked. So disappointed she will never have the chance. The crowd would go wild to BHC, BA, etc.

angeliccarrie

I would love for Carrie to do the superbowl half time show, but I don't think she's big enough for them to consider her. She would kill it though

The Nanook

I'm still hopeful that Carrie gets to be part of a Super Bowl Halftime show eventually, but her chances would be much greater if she had released more music to pop/AC formats throughout the first 10-15 years of her career when there was so much potential. The Halftime show usually requires hit after hit that most of the audience knows, and it's much harder for a country artist to meet that bar. Given Carrie's catalog I think the songs that would be appropriate for a Halftime show (usually upbeat) are any combination of BHC-LN-CC-UI-GG-BA-CB and maybe AAG-SB-TC, but of those I think the general audience really only knows BHC and maybe BA. Knowing Carrie, I could see JTTW/HGTA-SITW sneaking in there too. If given the chance I'm confident Carrie and team could put together a pretty killer setlist and crush it, but it's getting the offer that's the hard part when you have any number of artists out there with a more known discography to pick from like Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande, etc. We also have no idea if Carrie's been asked before and declined.

PRGuy79

I feel like Carrie's participation in the SNF anthem actually makes her much less likely of a choice for the halftime show as long as she is involved. I think the Super Bowl producers look for the surprise factor in making this announcement, and since Carrie is already widely heard/seen as part of football programming throughout the year, choosing her would be seen as redundant by some.

FanSince04

I find it odd they picked someone that hasn’t performed or released an album in many many years
Actually, the craving for new music from Rihanna is strong. She is an in-demand artist not just for music but her clothing brand as well. I’m not surprised at all. The response to her announcement has been nothing but excitement and only increases the questions of when she will drop her new album.

Smokyiiis

Actually, the craving for new music from Rihanna is strong. She is an in-demand artist not just for music but her clothing brand as well. I’m not surprised at all. The response to her announcement has been nothing but excitement and only increases the questions of when she will drop her new album.
Well I have read in blogs she doesn't sing. She lipsyncs.

FanSince04

And I could only imagine what her clothing line/brand would offer.... More unwanted skin.... LOL
To each their own, she definitely makes a profit with her clothing line “Fenty”. However, back on topic for why she was chosen. Her name alone along with her massive legion of fans/followers…

120 Million on IG
106.5 Million on Twitter

countrymusicfan15

She’s been leading fans on about new music for years now. I’m over it lol