Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teen Rebecca Black Responds To 'Friday' Music Video Backlash; Finds Unlikely Fan In..

Claire2004

Teen Rebecca Black Responds To 'Friday' Music Video Backlash; Finds Unlikely Fan In Simon Cowell

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Anyone on Facebook or Twitter has likely already seen 13-year-old Rebecca Black's amateur music video for "Friday" -- and chances are, it was accompanied by some sort of derogatory caption.

While Rebecca's auto-tuned ditty is being hailed as the "worst song ever" by online outlets and social media users (and has garnered notoriety for all of the wrong reasons), the teen's viral video has caught the attention of music master Simon Cowell, who is intrigued by the public's apparently overwhelming disdain to the would-be singer.
Teen Rebecca Black Responds To 'Friday' Music Video Backlash; Finds Unlikely Fan In Simon Cowell - omg! news on Yahoo!

I don't know where to post this initially, I guess Rebecca Black can already be considered a celebrity of sorts lol. Her YouTube video now has a staggering 25 million views. I needed to listen to some Carrie songs after watching video though lol.

pklongbeach

Truth be told.
Once all the smoke has cleared.
I do think it was cute and brave of her. And she certainly can't be blamed for writing a childish little song at her age and having it blow up into such a huge phenomenon that the entire world wants to bash her for it.
It clearly was never her intention to have this happen and she just thought she was spreading her artistic wings alittle.
The difference between her and anyother young person doing the exact same thing is that she is the vicim of what social networkng can do to a young person today if you are not careful.
I have a nephew who thought it would be "safe" to "come out" on a social network and it has been terribel for him.
Young people have to learn that they are creating a reputation for themselves on these sites that will live on.
Anyway, at 13 she should be proud of herself. She should not be at home crying feeling ashamed of what she did.
Now someone else who is sold to the public as an artist and encourages the world to take her as a ligitimate recording artist that has no more talent than this girl, That is another thing entirely!

hjj

I don't see why there is such an uproar over this video. I have heard better but I have heard worse also. I would hope and think she fines some pride in what she was able to do. Many people out there wish they could get that much attention in a week time no less. Good for her.

Jade_kt

Her song is actually catchy and fun. I thought it was cute just think it's a bit kiddish and so can see why people were ragging on it especially the lyrics and her singing but then again she is a kid...lol....so it looked like she was just having fun w/ the song. But it still reminded me of a female version of Justin Beber. Funny thing it says her idol/crush is Justin Beber in that article.

Last edited:

bigbluegrl23

I don't see why there is such an uproar over this video. I have heard better but I have heard worse also. I would hope and think she fines some pride in what she was able to do. Many people out there wish they could get that much attention in a week time no less. Good for her.

i hate the bashing the girl has received, she doesnt deserve it at all but yes, some of the lyrics are the worst recorded lyrics ever imo.

7am, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

Yes, really is the worst (if were talking about legit recording artist bc obviously randoms have prob written worse)
becca T

ohlove

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today is Friday, Friday
We we we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today
Tomorrow is Saturday
And sunday comes afterwards
I don't want this weekend to end

Um idk about you guys but that is clearly the greatest song ever written. Now I will never forget the order of the days of the week.

Carrieflattsfan

I actually feel really bad for this girl. It probably took a lot of guts to deal with the negativity she has, especially at such a young age. She seems mature enough to be able to decide what she wants, and hopefully she won't let it damage her.
That said, the public isn't taking her seriously, and she'll fade after this is over. Hopefully she'll be able to move on from this, because I have a feeling the backlash won't go away for a long time, even if this is the only thing she decides to release.

pklongbeach

What with all that parody's and clearly lots of repeat viewing, I would suggest that people don't hate it as much as they profess.

epicamends

Yes, the song/video is horrible. But does the 13-year-old girl deserve all this intense hate? No. And death threats? People take things WAY too out-of-hand on the internet sometimes.

Carrieflattsfan

Wow. I usually like to give recording artists the benefit of the doubt when it comes to amazing live performances, but wow.
So sad in so many ways. It's almost worse that her parents are allowing her to be dragged through this, instead of maybe leading her into a better direction. No one deserves the comments she has gotten, but the situation could've been handled better.
Good for her for following her dream, but I just can't believe anyone didn't say anything before they let her go through with this, thus becoming the laughingstock of America.

sur_crazy4carrie

here you rest
With all the rest
of my accessories on my night stand
You're red or yellow
And like a good fellow

Sometimes you get lost in my mess
But when schoolgirl pigtails won't do
And I need to control my do
You're the only one I can count on
My headband
You're my headband