Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teen Rebecca Black Responds To 'Friday' Music Video Backlash; Finds Unlikely Fan In..

diva101

ohh goodness I just watched the vid...

it's cheesy and robotic man! the lyrics are boring (though somewhat educational, haha)

don't even get me started with her voice...

I wish people would tell her to improve, 'cause if people close to her (parents!) tell her that she's really good, then she'll continue to write this type of crappy music.. yah know, rejections are a big help always

bigbluegrl23

Wow. I usually like to give recording artists the benefit of the doubt when it comes to amazing live performances, but wow.
So sad in so many ways. It's almost worse that her parents are allowing her to be dragged through this, instead of maybe leading her into a better direction. No one deserves the comments she has gotten, but the situation could've been handled better.
Good for her for following her dream, but I just can't believe anyone didn't say anything before they let her go through with this, thus becoming the laughingstock of America.

that was a really cheesy video. all the background people looked like they were acting, trying to convince america the song's good haha
becca T

pklongbeach

Again, I think you guys are missing the point that this whole thing was just a 13 yr old being a 13 yr old.
There should be no expectation of greatness cause it was never intended to be that.
There is no reason to think she sings well or writes well or spent time trying to come up with a legitimately heart felt lyric or song.
If you erase expectations of an artist that reached 25.000.000 people and just realize it was a girl who wanted to make a video (like millions of teens do everyday) and that silly kiddy fun video just happened to get viewed by millions of people, than it is just fun nonscense.
I really think that is all it should be judged as.
She sings no better and no worse than any highschool freshman. And there are singers out there who sing no better than her who are sellng millions of albums.
Youtube is a wasteland of silly fun nonscense that people enjoy watching. And 25.000.000 people watched this. Thats it.
She should not be judged in any literal way.
I would be proud of any 13 year old that I knew who was savy enough to accomplish this much.
And again in the face of what America considers young teen superstars, she is no better and no worse.

pklongbeach

I will admit that the "acoustic vid." was a really bad idea if she was planning on using any of this noteriety to actually get discovered.
Her parents should have sat her down and said "here is what you can do, and here is what you should not do!"
Before she made another move, she should have gotten representation.

pklongbeach

here you rest
With all the rest
of my accessories on my night stand
You're red or yellow
And like a good fellow

Sometimes you get lost in my mess
But when schoolgirl pigtails won't do
And I need to control my do
You're the only one I can count on
My headband
You're my headband

Better lyrics than Friday!!!

Sure to be a coffee House Classic.
On par with "Smelly Cat"!
I love that song.

Gator

I think this poor girl was just taken advantage of. She did not write the song. Her mother paid $2,000 for a package in which some "producers" offered to produce a video. Apparently, one of the said producers was a co-writer of "Friday". I also read some place that she will be donating all proceeds to Japan. She seems devastated by this ordeal, but she is making the best of it. I hope she has the last laugh.

Article here: Rebecca Black Talks Friday and Cyberbullying in First Interview - The Daily Beast#

pklongbeach

Talk about making lemonaide from lemons.
Good for her.
This news makes me want to root for her all the more.
You know, one can not underestimate what a talented songwriter like Liz Rose adds to a 13 yr olds dream of being a singer songwriter.
I just mean to say that this girl just had a dream. And it was not supposed to be picked apart by 25.000.000 cynics.