Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanksgiving dinner!

carebear4eva

So, I still think that everyone around me is wrong and is celebrating the festival roughly 6 weeks earlier than the actual date (sorry epicamends!)

Despite that, everyone over here in Canada seems to think it's Thanksgiving, so I successfully nagged my friends into doing the whole traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We're starting way too late, we had to hunt down Halal turkeys for the Muslims and none of us knows how to cook, so it's probably going to be a disaster!

But I'm really excited! Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, pumpkin pie, mac and cheese...Om nom nom nom nom

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

(I refuse to say happy (CANADIAN) Thanksgiving, but that's what I really meant ;) )

CrazyDreams1818

I don't cook turkey ever hahaha I would ruin it.
Here's a recipe that was given to me :) :p

ROASTED STUFFED TURKEY
15 lb. fresh turkey
2 cups melted butter
4 cups stuffing (Stove Top is good)
2 cups uncooked
popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted
butter and season with salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and
popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows
the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is
done.

JB172

I don't cook turkey ever hahaha I would ruin it.Here's a recipe that was given to me :) :pROASTED STUFFED TURKEY15 lb. fresh turkey2 cups melted butter 4 cups stuffing (Stove Top is good) 2 cups uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)salt/pepper to tastePreheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is done.

Wouldn't that not only be messy but a flying turkey could be really dangerous. lol

Not very many people are going to know what this means but when I seen the words flying turkey the first thing that I thought of was Mr. Carlson from WKRP in Cincinnati saying "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

AdamJ

I don't cook turkey ever hahaha I would ruin it.
Here's a recipe that was given to me :) :p

ROASTED STUFFED TURKEY
15 lb. fresh turkey
2 cups melted butter
4 cups stuffing (Stove Top is good)
2 cups uncooked
popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted
butter and season with salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and
popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows
the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it is
done.

Man, I needed a good laugh after a rough day at the clinic---thanks---I laughed so hard tears were streaming.

jbrown

When are you planning to cook the turkey.

I usually use vegetables stuffing. I sprinkle salt/pepper or garlic and seasoning salt ; stuffed the turkey; rubbed with melted butter all over. I usually preheat the oven to 425 and cook the turkey uncovered for 15 min. to seal the juices. Lower the oven to 325-350 degrees and continue cooking; 15-20 min. per pound. Cover the turkey. I usually baste the turkey every 30 min. or inject some juices into the meat by using a glass syringe and a needle. Uncover the turkey 30 min. before cooking to brown it. It will be so tasty. Yumyum. Goodluck.

shawn802

Something for everyone in this special collection of Thanksgiving dish recipes.People trying to found familiar favorites, along with tempting new creations to try on their Thanksgiving menu.