Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big weekend is here!

Lstname89

I guess I felt the need to post because in my life outside of this site, its rather closed minded. My mom has refused to help with anything, and all of my friends were cool until I made this decision. It would just be nice to hear some kind words from someone for a change.:D

Matt and I have decided since his lease is up, and I have the room, we're going to take the next step and move in together. It's only been a few months, but I've KNOWN him since high school, and I just feel like we're meant to be. He's at my house almost everyday, and I never tire of seeing him.

I'm aware that some may feel this goes against their religious beliefs, but can we do our best to try and be positive, please?

This will be the first time I've ever lived with someone that I'm in a relationship with, and I felt it was a big step. Just thought it was "Big News" worthy.:p

opry051008

This is a big step in your life but if you feel it's the right thing to do then you should do it. But make sure you think through all of the pros and cons. Living with someone isn't an easy thing to adjust to. :)

Lstname89

^Thanks guys, I've thought about it for like the last 3 months, lol.

We've been on a few weekend trips and we get along really well. We're both neat freaks, so that works nicely.

We're going to split the rent, and other expenses, we figure that's probably best. We both end up saving money every month also.

The only negative is, I'm a grump in the morning, while he's happy and all "My God what a beautiful day". After a cup of coffee I usually find it cute, key word AFTER, haha.

opry051008

Don't worry, there'll be other negatives. lol! Just part of learning to live with each other. Compromise, patience and understanding, that's what you'll need. And make sure you give each other space. Because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to spend 24 hours a day with each other.

Ann055

Dont' worry what others think - do what you and your partner feel is right. Just be ready though because living with someone is different - that 24/7 thing can be a surprise -- but just work through it and if this is what makes you happy, then I am happy for you! :)

Lstname89

Don't worry, there'll be other negatives. lol! Just part of learning to live with each other. Compromise, patience and understanding, that's what you'll need. And make sure you give each other space. Because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to spend 24 hours a day with each other.

Well, we both work full-time jobs, many times he doesn't get home till 8:00 pm or so. We both have different friends, and we make sure we don't ignore those relationships. We're just like any other couple, every once and a while you need some time out with friends. So we have the space taken care of.

When I was little I was the kid who thought it was wrong to live with someone before marriage, but unfortunately law doesn't allow us to be married. Now that is not something I'm getting into again, lol. I'm okay with living together for right now, we both love each other, and it doesn't matter to me if it's recognized by the state or not. It doesn't change how I feel, and it shouldn't.

Lstname89

Dont' worry what others think - do what you and your partner feel is right. Just be ready though because living with someone is different - that 24/7 thing can be a surprise -- but just work through it and if this is what makes you happy, then I am happy for you! :)

Other people's opinions really don't bother me, but when it comes to your mom, it's suddenly a big deal. I hope it's just time that she needs, and I hope this doesn't mean the end of her and I being close, but I have to live my life for me, not my parents.

Claire2004

I have no experience yet on living with someone so I have no words of wisdom or advice for that lol, and so I'll just wish you happiness on this new phase of your relationship. :)

rosie08

I feel if ever there is a wedding down the road it is best to live together. It will tell you if y'all are capable of dealing with each others habits. I wish my ex and i would of done it.it is your life! Mama will accept it over time.good luck sweetie!

luvebug99

I think it's a great idea to live together, especially if you feel like it's the right thing to do - I wish you all the very best! :D

Suellen

Anthony, I wish you and your partner the best; I'm sure you mom will accept it soon when she sees how happy you are.