Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The champion

Smokyiiis

On America’s got talent the very first act called Detroit Youth choir did an awesome edition of the THE CHAMPION

maddkat

Staff member
^ she sang the song great , but her voice is grating and the song was way too old for her

FanSince04

I have to agree her voice was shrill. The song was way to big for her, but she definitely did well for her age!

maddkat

Staff member
I saw it but she messed up unfortunately. She was already a SAVE so she probably doesn't have much chance in the finals. They are unforgiving.

Can someone tell me if this African Choir (which is phenomenal) director is the former PS22 director (the choir that did SO SMALL with Carrie)? I know I've seen him perform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=171&v=9LRHHrrXsZk

no, the PS22 dircetor is Gregg Breinberg and the Ndlovu Choir director is Ralf Schmitt

ethelu

Watching So You Think You Can Dance that I recorded yesterday. They played The Champion while showing the journey on the show of one of the final four dancers.

Smokyiiis

Olympic gold medals change lives, and Mensah-Stock's naturally bubbly personality is going to rocket her to the top of international sporting stardom. We will see the 28-year-old on billboards and in commercials and on the cover of magazines in the year's ahead. More and more people will get to experience her warm hugs.

Those who woke up early to watch her gold-medal match against Oborududu got the full Tamyra Mensah-Stock experience afterward. She cried during her post-match interview, then sang, then smiled as she told stories.

She told the reporter, "Don't say this out loud" - yes, during a nationally-televised moment - "but my dad (from Ghana) was like enemies with Nigeria, so it's kind of poetic that I had to wrestle Nigeria in the finals. That was kind of cool."

She talked about what her accomplishment means to the ongoing girls' and women's wrestling movements around the world: "It means that they see someone like themselves on that podium, someone like Helen on that podium - showing them, just because you're a female doesn't mean you can't accomplish the biggest of goals."

"Being an Olympic champ is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my entire life," she continued, "and I'd say it was totally worth it."

And, of course, she offered up her next karaoke song - "Champion," by Carrie Underwood, featuring Ludacris.

"Maya Nelson showed me that song at the 2019 world championships, and I can't get it out of my head," Mensah-Stock said, then without missing a beat, she started singing.

"Because. I. Am. A. Champion. I was born for this. I was made to win."

She smiled.

"I love it!"