Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grammys 2022

simonplay

Carrie will win Grammys again!!! :cool:

The Trustees seem to have decided that these nominations review committees have outlived their usefulness.​

In a bombshell move, the trustees of the Recording Academy voted Friday (April 30) to disband nominations review committees and let Grammy voters have the final say in all non-craft categories.

abbeyjones18

LOL. Were the committees the reason why Carrie stopped being nominated/winning Grammys? Who knows! At the end of the day, she needs to release solid music. The "Love Wins" and "Soundbound" -esque songs of the world are just simply not going to do much, imo. (I certainly wouldn't vote for them, lol!). She needs to make/release better material, imo. Hopefully the Christmas and/or the Gospel album helps her get back on track! 🙂

simonplay

LOL. Were the committees the reason why Carrie stopped being nominated/winning Grammys? Who knows! At the end of the day, she needs to release solid music. The "Love Wins" and "Soundbound" -esque songs of the world are just simply not going to do much, imo. (I certainly wouldn't vote for them, lol!). She needs to make/release better material, imo. Hopefully the Christmas and/or the Gospel album helps her get back on track! 🙂
Of course! Let's pretend Cry Pretty, Drinking Alone, Church Bells and Storyteller didn't exist! 🤦‍♂️

FanSince04

They surely had a hand in not nominating her or voting for her. Also, she released more than just those songs. What about The Weeknd who had one of the best selling albums and was critically acclaimed receiving no votes... was this just him not releasing good material?

sco

It seems the controversy over The Weekend this year had an effect. There's always a bit of a conflict between perceived 'quality' versus popularity but when someone had success like he did and got zero nominations it just didn't pass the smell test.

In the country categories in particular the committees seemed determined to find really obscure material to reward.

FanSince04

It seems the controversy over The Weekend this year had an effect. There's always a bit of a conflict between perceived 'quality' versus popularity but when someone had success like he did and got zero nominations it just didn't pass the smell test.

In the country categories in particular the committees seemed determined to find really obscure material to reward.
Agreed. Something seemed off about their selections... even for AOTY, aside from the Taylor Swift nomination.

adam1995

I agree these two songs aren't doing her any favors at the Grammys. Songs like "Cry Pretty", "Low" and "Spinning Bottles" should be the ticket, as long as more of them are released as singles.

abbeyjones18

With the lack of album noms, honestly, I don't know what to think. Maybe Carrie is seen more if a singles artist than an album one. Hopefully this changes with MG and/or MS.

angeliccarrie

I have to respectively disagree. Storyteller and Cry Pretty are by far my favorite albums from Carrie and some of her best music to date.

abbeyjones18

I don't think that there's a holiday category (wouldn't that be something, lol!). Holiday albums usually fall into the Traditional Pop category.
My Gift would fall into the holiday category... I believe they have one, if I’m not mistaken. My Savior falls into Contemporary Christian or Gospel... whichever they have at the Grammys.