Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grammys 2022

adam1995

This argument works for some songs, but what about the album? Using your reasoning, the album should have at least been nominated since those songs are included.
I believe CP should have been nominated for country album, but two things could have prevented it, the nomination committee or the fact that it is still too uneven. You have great songs like the ones I mentioned and then you have songs like LW and Southbound, that don't fit at all.

pklongbeach

I find the production and writing and vocal performance of both South and LW to be among my favorite singles. Often the heaviest of her singles are released and it becomes a long list of slow heavy songs. I thought SB was a perfect single that could have and would have reached many summer loving people had it been released to a wider audience. And let us not pretend that grammy voters are really focused on the technical merits of the songs they choose.

FanSince04

I believe CP should have been nominated for country album, but two things could have prevented it, the nomination committee or the fact that it is still too uneven. You have great songs like the ones I mentioned and then you have songs like LW and Southbound, that don't fit at all.
I understand some songs don’t fit, but I feel the albums nominated are often times obscure or far out there (meaning not really favored by the public). Yes, I agree the album should have been nominated.

abbeyjones18

It probably didn't help that it came out a couple of weeks before the eligiblity period was up.

adam1995

I understand some songs don’t fit, but I feel the albums nominated are often times obscure or far out there (meaning not really favored by the public). Yes, I agree the album should have been nominated.
Which I believe is the nominating committee's doing. Hopefully, eliminating them will help get Carrie in at some point.

PRGuy79

For quite some time, especially in the Country categories, it seems like the Grammy's voters don't want to honor what is actually "popular". They seem to deliberately choose projects that are "prestige" or "legacy", which is sometimes okay, but I think they forget that often "popular" is "popular" because people like it - it is good, engaging music that connects with people. Giving awards for music that doesn't resonate with many people gets old sometimes - which is probably why ratings for awards shows like this have plummeted.

adam1995

For quite some time, especially in the Country categories, it seems like the Grammy's voters don't want to honor what is actually "popular". They seem to deliberately choose projects that are "prestige" or "legacy", which is sometimes okay, but I think they forget that often "popular" is "popular" because people like it - it is good, engaging music that connects with people. Giving awards for music that doesn't resonate with many people gets old sometimes - which is probably why ratings for awards shows like this have plummeted.
I think there can be a balance. Not all that is popular right now is good. And those songs and albums shouldn't be rewarded. But there is also popular that is good right now, and the voters should be able to differentiate that.

Smokyiiis

Recording Academy Announces Big Change to Grammys 'For Your Consideration' Ads​

Recording Academy Announces Big Change to Grammys 'For Your Consideration' Ads

The Recording Academy is issuing a new rule.
The organization behind the Grammy Awards revealed in their updated rulebook and guidelines that there is new criteria around the “For Your Consideration” communications submitted by labels and artists.
According to the new rules, there’s a big change regarding the advertisement of commercial success.

The rule for the upcoming 2022 Grammy Awards state that the communications may not include “chart numbers, number of streams, sales figures, or RIAA awards.”
This was not in last year’s guidebook, via Billboard.
“Voters shall not allow their choices to be suggested, directed or influenced by anything other than their own analysis of merit, including, but not limited to: personal friendships, company loyalties, regional preferences, or sales volume/popularity,” the rules of conduct reads.
One artist is still vocally boycotting the organization amid new changes.

CarrieAddicted

If I were on Carrie's team, I would submit her material as follows:

Best Contemporary Christian Music Album: My Gift
Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song: Halleluiah

Best Gospel Album: My Savior
Best Gospel Performance: Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Best Country Duo/Group Performance: If I Didn't Love You

Best Rock Performance: I Wanna Remember

She could easily nab all those nominations, if submitted correctly.

maddkat

Staff member
I want 4 noms
Best traditional pop (MG)
Best roots gospel (MS)
Country duo (IIDLY)
Gospel duo(GITF)
also would love to see NBTBOJ , IWR or OU recognized

but will be okay with just one after the last several years