Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hunger Games

ohlove

So the trailer just came out today and I'm not gonna lie before this I was 100% the opposite of excited. I didn't agree with the cast, I didn't think there was any way possible they could do the series justice, ect ect... Yeah I was wrong. It looks incredible. I may or may not have cried. And by may or may not I mean definitely 100% did.

Anyone else super excited?

carriecountrystar

I have only read the books, just recently but was more than excited to hear that a movie was in the making! Finally, the trailer has come out!
This is going to be BIG! I can't wait to watch the movie, this will be unlike any movie out there.

Claire2004

I loved the books :). I'm half anticipating, half dreading the movie, lol, because I rarely get satisfied with movie adaptations. I hope they succeeded in translating this book into the movie version.

But this trailer got me excited for the movie lol! I love that they chose Jennifer Lawrence for the Katniss role. I know there were many fans of the book who were less than thrilled with the Lawrence choice but I love that they chose a good actress for the role. :)

ohlove

I loved the books :). I'm half anticipating, half dreading the movie, lol, because I rarely get satisfied with movie adaptations. I hope they succeeded in translating this book into the movie version.

But this trailer got me excited for the movie lol! I love that they chose Jennifer Lawrence for the Katniss role. I know there were many fans of the book who were less than thrilled with the Lawrence choice but I love that they chose a good actress for the role. :)

Definitely agree with everything said here, it's an intense book and I was worried from day one about how they would translate it to screen but if the entire movie is as good as the trailer than I will be ecstatic!

I was one of those fans that was less than thrilled but she really did an amazing job from what I can tell, I'm excited!

AIgrl06

I've never read the books, but the trailer kind of made me want to. Haha. I think I'm going to give 'em a go before the movie comes out, 'cause seriously, it looks awe-some!!

teesharky

you have to read the books! OMG they are so good that I read all 3 in one week I think. lol

I could not put them down. So amazing!

carriefann

I know!! I saw the trailer for this!! Super exciting, looks like. But I don't know. Are they competing to kill each other? I really don't feel like seeing teens cut each other up.

Grace_Of_God

^ lol yes thats the point of the books. the teens have to kill each other and only one can survive....obviously there's more plot to the books and stuff but i dont want to ruin it for you

as far as the books are concerned. I just finished the 2nd one tonight. I liked it far more than the first. I think the first drags a bit in places and loses my interest sometimes. I think the first book will make a better movie than it did a book and im extremely excited to see it

iamac

I have finished 2 books and going to read the 3rd. Books are so good and i can bet movie is going to be as good as i can see from trailers

leannrimes

I have just finished reading the first book...i will avoid watching the 2nd trailer coz the 1st one really hampered with my imagination :(

and yah Jennifer Lawrence is effin amazing ! also Katniss Everdeen is similar to the character she portrayed in Winter Bones So, she'll definitely kicks some ass here !

Claire2004

The Hunger Games review round-up, tracking ahead of Twilight and Harry Potter?

Lionsgate has gambled a lot on its movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games. It’s the most expensive production that the studio has embarked on to date, and it’s already started work on the second film in the series, Catching Fire.

The release of the first, The Hunger Games, is now just a couple of weeks away, and the initial bunch of critics have been allowed in to see it. They seem to be embargoed from posting full reviews for the time being, but have been granted a green light to post their brief reviews and thoughts to Twitter.

As such, the initial raft of reactions to the film have come through, and they’re overwhelming positive…

Collider (@colliderfrosty)
If you’re a Hunger Games fan, happy to report the film is great and you’re going to be very happy with Gary Ross’ film.

Todd Gilchrist (@mtgilchrist)
I’m getting in line behind my colleagues to say that The Hunger Games is terrific – thoughtful, thrilling, well-acted & emotionally engaging.

Silaslesnick (@silaslesnick)
I can tell you all now that I’ve seen – and really loved – The Hunger Games. It’s not just a great adaptation. It’s a new sci-fi classic.

First Showing (@firstshowing)
I have visited The Hunger Games. And they were awesome. I think I loved the movie, as good as the book. Had a LOTR-epic feeling by the end.

Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself)
I enjoyed The Hunger Games movie a lot - Donald Sutherland is wonderful.

The Hunger Games review round-up, tracking ahead of Twilight and Harry Potter? - Den of Geek

cole

I don't know! I'm almost scared to see it! I don't want to see people cut each other up. *shiver*

carriecountrystar

^ I've been anxiously anticipating Hunger Games since I read the series about a year ago but now I'm not sure if I want/can see the movie in the theater. The killings will be BRUTAL and painful, especially Rue's death.

bigbluegrl23

i guess the only comfort we have is that it is pg-13. imagine how brutal it would be as a R rated film. then again, im pretty sure you can show pretty heavy violence in a pg 13 movie.
Becca

teesharky

When I first realized what the books were about, I was like-- WTF? Teens killing other teens?

But then once I read the books, I could not put them down.

But for some reason, the trailers are not doing the book justice so far. Hopefully the movie itself will be epic. Jennifer Lawrence is a really good actress so I am hopeful there.

I also like Liam, Miley's boyfriend....as Peta so that is a good fit.