Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hunger Games

bigbluegrl23

When I first realized what the books were about, I was like-- WTF? Teens killing other teens?

But then once I read the books, I could not put them down.

But for some reason, the trailers are not doing the book justice so far. Hopefully the movie itself will be epic. Jennifer Lawrence is a really good actress so I am hopeful there.

I also like Liam, Miley's boyfriend....as Peta so that is a good fit.

you don't like the trailer!? omg im obsessed haha. sounds like the reviews are coming in strong tho if its getting LOTR comparison. also, Liam is gale, not peeta
Becca

Grace_Of_God

the author originally wrote it to be a movie....but couldnt get anyone interested in it to produce it so she rewrote them as books. Personally I think the movies will be better than the books. Thats why I read the books in the first place

bigbluegrl23

the author originally wrote it to be a movie....but couldnt get anyone interested in it to produce it so she rewrote them as books. Personally I think the movies will be better than the books. Thats why I read the books in the first place

My friend said he didn't like the last book as much because of how much plot there was. imo, the two parts of the last book are gonna make PHENOMENAL movies.
Becca

carriecountrystar

i guess the only comfort we have is that it is pg-13. imagine how brutal it would be as a R rated film. then again, im pretty sure you can show pretty heavy violence in a pg 13 movie.
Becca

Oh, I know! Thank goodness it's not R rated but like you said, the violence can still be quite bloody and horrifying even as PG-13.
I'm still debating whether or not I should see it in the theaters. It's one thing to watch it at home where it's nice and sunny -you can control how you watch the movie (volume/pause) but it's another thing to be in the dark watching people get chopped up/eaten alive/skull cracked up and having the sounds all around you.
Ahhh, but I've been WAITING for Hunger Games for the longest time! The trailers look so epic and I just really want to see it but I bet I'll be a mess in the theater and probably piss some people off. lol

teesharky

you don't like the trailer!? omg im obsessed haha. sounds like the reviews are coming in strong tho if its getting LOTR comparison. also, Liam is gale, not peeta
Becca

oh really? bummer. I love Peta in the books and hate Gale. lol so I wanted Liam to be Peta. lol

Anyway-- I don't dislike the trailers. They are good. But I guess my vision of the books was a bit different from the trailers, so maybe in my head I have the movie all thought out...lol. So the real movie may take adjusting to at first. lol

It is often that way though when you are SOO invested in the books.... It is hard to get used to the movies at first as the picture in your head is very different from the actual movie.

I am sure I will love all the movies though. :) I just have to get used to it being different from the fake movie in my head after reading the books. lol

teesharky

Since Taylor's song doesn't come on till the end credits-- I think I can safely enjoy the movie and then just get the hell out of there before I hear too many of her notes. lol

bigbluegrl23

I am so ****ing jealous. I just found out that Mrs. Lawrence gave me mom tickets to an advanced screening. Four tickets as my moms not giving me one. WTF!? haha
Becca

leannrimes

The Hunger games has a metascore of 73 at metacritic.com ....thats really awesome for mainstream movie like hunger games

The Hunger Games (2012) - Critic Reviews - IMDb

According to Boxoffice Magazine
As action, as allegory, as cinema, The Hunger Games is the best American science-fiction film since "The Matrix," and if Ross and his crew stay with the series for the next two books, we may get that rarest of things: a blockbuster franchise that earns our money through craft, emotion and execution, not merely marketing and effects.

teesharky

Great! I was a little worried that they would ruin the movies as the books are SOO great that it will be hard for the movies to come close.

HuiZ

Finished the book just in time for the movie! Can't wait to see everything being brought to life in the movie! :D

I actually got pulled into reading the book because of its awesome trailer. I find it very intriguing.

And now I'm hooked. Gonna get the other books asap! :D

Liatush

I saw the movie on Saturday because i was invited to,nice movie,that's it. i didn't read the books.