Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lorax!

carriefann

I'm excited! I'm going to go see The Lorax tomorrow!! Has anyone else watched it? It looked awesome; it's got the great environmentalist message with the trees, and plus it's a cartoon, so who doesn't love cartoons? Plus -- it's got Taylor Swift in it (or at least her voice), so who isn't excited to go see this movie??? :p

But, I'll tell you what I think about when I get back tomorrow! I think I'm going to love this one. ;)

pklongbeach

I'm interested to know for three reasons.
1 it was my all time favorite childrens book.
2 TS being in it give me insentive to know what it's success rashio is
3 It has been pimped and pushed and promoted like no other movie in probably that last 3 years. So I am curious to know what affect that had.
(Dr.Suess movies have not done all that well cause they are usually poorly adapted to the screen)

19mlm19

We went to see it as a field trip at school yesterday. Earlier this year, we watched the orgininal in science as part of out ecology unit. I was actually surprised on how good it was. I wa expecting it to be one of those movies that was just okay. It was funny, very cute, and had a great meaning behind it. It was even really hard to tell that it was Taylor's voice, but then again I try not to listen to her that much. We had the option of seeing it in 3D or 2D and my group went to the 2D. After seeing it, it was one of those movies that didn't really need the 3D effects, because the 2D was just fine. Overall it was a really good movie, and I would suggest going. I think all ages would really like it.

AdamJ

I read a review on MSN home page that the movie was OVERSTUFFED AND UNDERWHELMING" . The guy went on to say that the artists would have been better on one of the other Suess movies with the exception of Swift and added that he thinks she has a day job. This is the first review I have read. Not very promising for Swift at this point.

supercarriefan

I'm interested to know for three reasons.
1 it was my all time favorite childrens book.
2 TS being in it give me insentive to know what it's success rashio is
3 It has been pimped and pushed and promoted like no other movie in probably that last 3 years. So I am curious to know what affect that had.
(Dr.Suess movies have not done all that well cause they are usually poorly adapted to the screen)

I don't think that is necessarily true. I haven't seen any extraordinary measures to promote this movie. I've seen the usual tv ads, some ads in theatres, plus the people involved with the film making the talk show circuit to discuss/promote the film. How is that out of the ordinary?
Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing you...just commenting!

I hope I get a chance to see this movie. I love the Dr Seuss book, and the original Lorax movie, so I'm excited to see how this compares.

12russ79

We went to see it as a field trip at school yesterday. Earlier this year, we watched the orgininal in science as part of out ecology unit. I was actually surprised on how good it was. I wa expecting it to be one of those movies that was just okay. It was funny, very cute, and had a great meaning behind it. It was even really hard to tell that it was Taylor's voice, but then again I try not to listen to her that much. We had the option of seeing it in 3D or 2D and my group went to the 2D. After seeing it, it was one of those movies that didn't really need the 3D effects, because the 2D was just fine. Overall it was a really good movie, and I would suggest going. I think all ages would really like it.

Glad to see our Tax Dollars being well spent.... LOL
I can remember when I was in school(kinda) And our big FIELD TRIP was actually literal.... We walked across the street to a field were they we're building a shopping Mall...... And the Constuction dude took us on a tour of the site..... Come to think of it a MOVIE THEATRE was part of the site so I can relate to your field trip.... LOL

pklongbeach

It may have to do with the fact that I live in La La Land,
But between the tv ads, bus ads, mag ads, internet ads, radio ads, and including special "behind the seens" packages, it has felt like a pretty big build up.
I think between the two leads they are really hoping for a big weekend.

pklongbeach

Also, I only watch regular tv for Idol and Idol has had a lot of commericals for it.
So it just seems like alot to me.

carriefann

Ok, guys just got back from watching it! Here's my review:

I watched in 3-D; the story starts out in the town of Thneedville, where everything is artificial, but everyone is happy. Even their trees are fake, and they must pay for their air! There's lots of singing and dancing throughout this movie. The main character, Ted, (voiced by Zac Efron) has a huge crush on Audrey (Taylor). Audrey is obsessed with finding a real truffela tree, so Ted sets out to find her one. He goes to the Onceler, who lives on the outskirts of Thneedville.

I won't give too much away; but it has a great message at the end. It was very cute; great film for kids. There is a great cast of voices in this one - Danny Devito as the Lorax (perfect!), Taylor, Zac, and Betty White! There are lots of hilarious and cute characters, I loved them all. But all in all, a great movie, with a great message for the environment, and great for the family.

P.S. Surprisingly, everyone in this movie sings except for Taylor Swift!! Who would have thought?