Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Talk mentions Carrie's Panic Attacks

liveasong

thetalk1.jpg

I don't think I've seen this posted on here before but the hosts of The Talk mentioned Carrie's panic attacks!

Everyone seemed to like genuinely Carrie! AWE!

And you know what makes me nervous? When people talk about Carrie on TV! I'm always afraid they're going to say something mean. Hehehe.

Last edited:

Farawayhills

Thanks, Liveasong.

I'm glad Carrie gave that Marie Claire interview. I know some internet posters took exception to parts of it and described her as cold - but I think it showed the opposite. I agree with the speaker on that show who felt it made her seem human. Opening up about her feelings in the interview, and relating them to her childhood, showed a more rounded personality, and also someone who was honest and confident enough to acknowledge her vulnerability. Too often we get stock cliches and over-assertive posing from celebrities, which gives few clues to their feelings. I think Carrie's more nuanced discussion of her background and reactions to the transitions in her life were welcome - both in helping to understand her, and in letting readers find encouragement in points that they might sometimes identify with in their own lives

Jade_kt

I can relate to Carrie cause I get panic attacks too in social situations. It's something I learn to deal w/ but sometimes it's hard to control.

teesharky

I love that guy for reading that article. He picked out the best quotes and did not mention the ones that came off a bit cold.

Ann055

liveasong - thank you so much for posting this. I had never seen it. Loved what Julie Chen had to say.