Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice

maddkat

Staff member
premieres Monday Feb. 27 NBC

yet another of Carrie's bgv is auditioning for a reality show.This time Andrea Thomas.
She seems pretty excited so I suspect a chair turned.

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

I don't watch the show but I just watched a clip of her audition and I can't say that I was all that impressed. For those that watch the show, did she mention her Carrie connection?

Smokyiiis

Yes they mentioned it on the show. I don't often watch but for some reason we ended up on that station last night.

DaisyTweets

Smoky, what did her audition sound like to you? Perhaps through tv speakers she might have sounded better than through computer speakers. I guess to me, it was telling that Mr. BS himself was the only one to turn around. After hearing that audition, I'd be willing to bet that she doesn't go that far.

Also, I'm kinda wondering why is winning this show or even being on this show a good thing???? No one has come off this show and even had an ounce of success.

maddkat

Staff member
^ well TSB got to tour with Carrie ,and Pope had a #1 with with Chris so there is some hope.
At least it gets your name out there.

I thought she sounded ok, pretty much like most the contestants on the show.

DaisyTweets

^ well TSB got to tour with Carrie ,and Pope had a #1 with with Chris so there is some hope.
At least it gets your name out there.

I thought she sounded ok, pretty much like most the contestants on the show.
Yes, its true that TSB got to tour with Carrie but I think that happened entirely due to their prior relationship. It had NOTHING to do with being on TV. And yes, Pope had the song with CY but when its bought and paid for and because of backroom deals and again nothing to do with TV and she's still got nothing on her own.

As far as I see it, The Voice is a reality about the coaches and the wannabe 'voices' are just the extras!!!!

bubbasumner

Yes, its true that TSB got to tour with Carrie but I think that happened entirely due to their prior relationship. It had NOTHING to do with being on TV. And yes, Pope had the song with CY but when its bought and paid for and because of backroom deals and again nothing to do with TV and she's still got nothing on her own.

As far as I see it, The Voice is a reality about the coaches and the wannabe 'voices' are just the extras!!!!

Wasting All These Tears was top ten at country radio and went platinum for Cassadee.

sco

I think you have a point about the voice focusing on the judges more than the contestants but it certainly has value to the contestants. There are dozens of singers Carrie performed with back in her college days that would never be invited on her tour. It's possible the Swon Brothers would have had success without the voice but she wouldn't have plucked them out of nowhere. The way I look at it is the show gets the contestants on the radar and where they go after that is up to them. I hope it works out for Andrea. I think she has a nice voice and I'm always rooting for more women to make it in country.

rcramer

^^^ LOL.... She made my ears hurt.....

This is when you greatly appreciate the beauty of Carrie's voice, when you see folks like this try so hard but just cant compete vocally......

maddkat

Staff member
Natalie Stovall has been invited back as Blake's return artist.Hope she brings the violin this time.