Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Voice

Smokyiiis

Kelly had a great response to that however as she in no way has ever discriminated against anyone and rather has stood behind all.

Kelly Clarkson fires back at openly gay 'Voice' contestant who accused her of being 'small-minded' Kelly Clarkson fires back at openly gay 'Voice' contestant who accused her of being 'small-minded' | Fox News

Kizmet311

I have been keeping up on The Voice this season since there is a girl from Eastern KY on there. I saw on Facebook that she was actually at a restaurant in the town I live in last night to watch last night's episode. Her name is Livia Faith and I think she is quite good, much better than the girl from KY on AI this year. She and Terrence ? sang "Stars" by Grace Potter during the battle rounds last night and it was just a beautiful pairing. I sadly think Livia knew (and the audience knew) that she didn't stand a chance against Terrence no matter how good she did, because he was clearly a favorite of Alicia's from her team. They sounded so good together though and I thought Livia sounded better during that song than she even did during her auditions. It's a shame no other judge had a steal left to take her. I've seen some people commenting on Twitter about the Wild Cards, so I don't know if they still do that, but if they do, I hope there is some way for her to come back. I looked her up on social media last night and it appears she is dating a fellow Team Alicia contestant - his name is Britton. I watched his battle as well and Alicia picked him over the girl he was paired with. I wasn't surprised since you could hear the audience just screaming for him everytime he opened his mouth. He is definitely an artist that would be popular with the young girls - probably much like Shawn Mendes or Charlie Puth.

Smokyiiis

I have been keeping up on The Voice this season since there is a girl from Eastern KY on there. I saw on Facebook that she was actually at a restaurant in the town I live in last night to watch last night's episode. Her name is Livia Faith and I think she is quite good, much better than the girl from KY on AI this year. She and Terrence ? sang "Stars" by Grace Potter during the battle rounds last night and it was just a beautiful pairing. I sadly think Livia knew (and the audience knew) that she didn't stand a chance against Terrence no matter how good she did, because he was clearly a favorite of Alicia's from her team. They sounded so good together though and I thought Livia sounded better during that song than she even did during her auditions. It's a shame no other judge had a steal left to take her. I've seen some people commenting on Twitter about the Wild Cards, so I don't know if they still do that, but if they do, I hope there is some way for her to come back. I looked her up on social media last night and it appears she is dating a fellow Team Alicia contestant - his name is Britton. I watched his battle as well and Alicia picked him over the girl he was paired with. I wasn't surprised since you could hear the audience just screaming for him everytime he opened his mouth. He is definitely an artist that would be popular with the young girls - probably much like Shawn Mendes or Charlie Puth.

Totally thought STARS was absolutely gorgeous and I LOVED Liviia's phrasing. So soft, so sure. Of course like you said Terrence is a first rate singer in his own right and we all knew Alicia would keep him but I was BEGGING someone to please keep Livia.....they didn't hear me.

Kizmet311

Totally thought STARS was absolutely gorgeous and I LOVED Liviia's phrasing. So soft, so sure. Of course like you said Terrence is a first rate singer in his own right and we all knew Alicia would keep him but I was BEGGING someone to please keep Livia.....they didn't hear me.

Yeah, they said at the beginning of the show that Alicia was the only judge left with a steal and I guess you aren't allowed to steal your own team member?

Smokyiiis

Tonight on the VOICE Blake's girl sang SM?OKEBREAK. Kelly said in her comments that she adored Carrie and she thought this gal had done a great job on a Carrie song, which is hard to do.

opry051008

I'm a little behind by a couple of shows. Did you guys catch how NBC snuck in a 1/2 second of TC when the guest mentors were being introduced a few weeks ago? That was cool to hear.

Kizmet311

I've been trying to watch a little bit of The Voice for the girl from KY and for Kelly. The girl from KY was sent home after battle rounds, even though she did amazing - she was just paired with a really incredible male singer so she didn't stand a chance even though she was great. They sang Stars by Grace Potter. Her name is Livia Faith. I think she is actually dating a guy (Britton?) who is also Team Alicia.

Anyway, I had to delete some stuff off my DVR, because it was literally at 100% full so I deleted all of the episodes up to the Live Playoffs and kept those. Do they have Wild Cards this year? I feel like in the past they maybe had Wild Cards after the Knockout rounds where they could bring back somebody that was kicked off previously. I was wishing there was a glimmer of hope for Livia.

Smokyiiis

I don’t honestly know if they have wildcards. I have been missing quite a bit of the show rushing around getting things done! I usually count on MJSBLOG to keep me updated when I’ve missed a lot.

liz278

I don't watch the Voice, so for those that do, how are they going to have 5 coaches? It seems like 4 is a lot.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Kizmet311

The 5th coach is for people who don't make one of the 4 main teams. I haven't actually read an article, but I thought I maybe saw something that the 5th coach would be highlighting people who don't make another team, maybe online and not on tv?

DaisyTweets

According to an article I read, KB won't be on tv. She'll be seen on the few online outlets that will carry the comeback contestants.

DaisyTweets

That's exactly how I understood it Daisy! Online only right?
Yes, that's my understanding. When I saw your post that she was going to be on the show I was somewhat perplexed because I thought I read where they had already started taping the new season. So I did alittle research and I found an article on MJ's site and that's what that article said -- she'll be strictly on online.

I don't watch this show but I said out loud to world how in the world can KB be a coach?????? What advice can she give to the contestants??? She's not that great of a singer -- I wouldn't call her a vocalist -- because she's just not that good. She's young with not much experience. And I don't believe she was ever on a singing competition show so she can't provide any expertise from that angle.

This smells like another bought and paid for opportunity by her label. Just another 'thing' to make it seem like she's a bigger star than what she truly is. And I predict now that's there's NO WAY that one of the contestants that she coaches will make it back very far. Let alone win the show. The other coaches all have too big of egos for the producers of the show to let that happen.

And given this news, I'm wondering just how deep the pockets of her label are. Her current single has been on the charts for 166 days and right now it sits at #25. How much will it cost them to get it higher????? And if it should get to #1 than that will stink to high heaven.

I'm extremely glad that Carrie herself has said she hasn't peaked yet and she's in her prime because there's no way that KB is the female that's going to carry anything forward in country music.

Kizmet311

Yes, that's my understanding. When I saw your post that she was going to be on the show I was somewhat perplexed because I thought I read where they had already started taping the new season. So I did alittle research and I found an article on MJ's site and that's what that article said -- she'll be strictly on online.

I don't watch this show but I said out loud to world how in the world can KB be a coach?????? What advice can she give to the contestants??? She's not that great of a singer -- I wouldn't call her a vocalist -- because she's just not that good. She's young with not much experience. And I don't believe she was ever on a singing competition show so she can't provide any expertise from that angle.

This smells like another bought and paid for opportunity by her label. Just another 'thing' to make it seem like she's a bigger star than what she truly is. And I predict now that's there's NO WAY that one of the contestants that she coaches will make it back very far. Let alone win the show. The other coaches all have too big of egos for the producers of the show to let that happen.

And given this news, I'm wondering just how deep the pockets of her label are. Her current single has been on the charts for 166 days and right now it sits at #25. How much will it cost them to get it higher????? And if it should get to #1 than that will stink to high heaven.

I'm extremely glad that Carrie herself has said she hasn't peaked yet and she's in her prime because there's no way that KB is the female that's going to carry anything forward in country music.

I do like Kelsea and I actually love her sophomore album, BUT her label has VERY deep pockets. They are owned by some larger corporation that also owns a professional sports team of some kind. So I do think they are able to get her some connections like this that others may not have the same opportunity to do because their labels have smaller promotional budgets.