Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today On The Radio

thaifood

So, the DJ's were talking Idol this morning & invited calls about the whole Saving Casey Thing. Some folks liked it, some folks didn't. One lady called in & gave her opinion & then she said "Regardless of what they did or do in the future, this show will never find another Carrie Underwood." Both DJ's agreed wholeheartedly....

Carrie is a once in a lifetime find.

supercarriefan

I think Idol really got lucky with Carrie and Kelly. Both ladies are incredibly talented, charming individuals who knew how to connect to their audience from the very beginning. Both are very dedicated to their music as well. I just don't know if Idol will get that lucky again...they are certainly trying to push Lauren on us like she is supposed to be just like Carrie and Kelly, but she doesn't quite fill their shoes right now.

blondemama

I think Idol really got lucky with Carrie and Kelly. Both ladies are incredibly talented, charming individuals who knew how to connect to their audience from the very beginning. Both are very dedicated to their music as well. I just don't know if Idol will get that lucky again...they are certainly trying to push Lauren on us like she is supposed to be just like Carrie and Kelly, but she doesn't quite fill their shoes right now.

Lauren is young but has killer vocals she will go far. She is my girl this year.

supercarriefan

^^^Pia has the voice, but the connection isn't there for me yet. Carrie and Kelly both came off very sweet and showed a silly side to their personalities plus they weren't afraid to tackle an upbeat song. Right now, Pia is just a very pretty girl with a big voice. She seems sweet enough, but I want to see more from here. I want to see her entertain.

teesharky

awesome! I agree.

Lauren and the country Josh Turner dude this year are both good, but there is only one Carrie. I prefer Carrie's voice to Lauren's by a mile as Carrie's tone is much more clear when she sings.

However, Lauren is very good and I could see her doing well too. Same with the country dude who sounds like Josh Turner. Is it Scotty? Can't remember. lol He is pretty great too, but again, no Carrie.

teesharky

^^^Pia has the voice, but the connection isn't there for me yet. Carrie and Kelly both came off very sweet and showed a silly side to their personalities plus they weren't afraid to tackle an upbeat song. Right now, Pia is just a very pretty girl with a big voice. She seems sweet enough, but I want to see more from here. I want to see her entertain.

agree. Pia is phenominal, but I haven't connected with her yet. I like Thia too, but she is a little bit dry so far. We need to see her do a really great song. Her voice is amazing though.

DaisyTweets

Well at least with Lauren and Scotty, it will show the country music critics and country radio, that there are teens out there who can actually SING!! Not talk sing and stay in tune!!!!!

I love how well loved she is, she is so amazingly talented!! My mom (who's quite critical about everything) even says what an amazing singer she thinks Carrie is

thaifood

I'm hedging my bets that Pia will be mega successful even if she doesn't win. It's ridiculous though if someone as talented a vocalist as she is doesn't win. She's seems like a really classy girl as well.

I think Pia has a shot at becoming the biggest thing since Carrie. I realy do think she has IT!

teesharky

I think Pia has a shot at becoming the biggest thing since Carrie. I realy do think she has IT!

I do think Pia has a phenominal voice. Best vocalist on the show since Carrie.

But, she definitely needs to have a backstory like Carrie or others so that people can see who she is and what she is about. For some reason, I feel like I don't know very much about her right now. But I have enjoyed everyone of her performances.

utlovescarrie

I'm hedging my bets that Pia will be mega successful even if she doesn't win. It's ridiculous though if someone as talented a vocalist as she is doesn't win. She's seems like a really classy girl as well.
I loved Pia at first - but now? Not so much. Vocally - fantastic. But she is boring and I can not even remember what she sang 5 minutes after she finishes. But the girl CAN sing.

opry051008

Pia needs to change it up. She can't continue to sing ballads all the time because it is boring. Imho, if she continues to do that, it may be the determining factor between her winning and finishing top 3. But right now she's got lots of time to change it up and we know she can do it because she did it in hollywood week.

Btw Ron, was that a country radio station?

Carrieflattsfan

I love how well loved she is, she is so amazingly talented!! My mom (who's quite critical about everything) even says what an amazing singer she thinks Carrie is

Same! I know so many people who aren't country fans who think Carrie has an amazing voice. I love how she is able to win so many people over from the first time they hear her sing.

She has such an incredible gift & it's so great to see more and more people realizing that everyday.

I haven't been able to truly enjoy Idol since Idol left & I think she was something truly special, that the show hasn't seen since. It's not because she's a huge star, but just the way she conducted herself, her voice, and the way she took criticism and used it to become such an amazing performer and even better singer.
I really respect the way Carrie has pushed herself to grow in such a short amount of time & the huge transformation she has undergone since then proves she was smart to listen to suggestions and become even better.:eek:
By the way, can everyone take the Pia discussion to the Idol thread? This article is about Carrie, not comparing the two ladies.