Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated Carrie songs

countrymusicfan15

What do you guys consider to be Carrie's most underrated songs? Singles and/or album tracks/promotion songs.

For me they'd be:

This Time (I actually think this would have made for a great spring/summer single! SO good and still my fav Carrie song)
Don't Forget To Remember Me
Wasted (How was this not nominated for any awards!?!?)
There's A Place For Us (was popular at first but seemed to kinda just fade away)
Just A Dream (no awards plus almost no airplay after its chart run...when was the last time anyone heard this on the radio?)
I Told You So (same as JAD)
Get Out Of This Town (although pretty popular amongst fans, it was definitely overlooked by Carrie's team. Would have been the perfect summer single!)
Songs Like This (should have been a single over UI)
Lessons Learned (such a great message)

Of course, there are mega gems like SWISLY, WCIS, WAW, IKYW and DYTAM. but I wouldn't call these underrated because they still get talked about all the time lol

carriefan14

Just A Dream is probably the most underrated. There's absolutely no song like it, and no song has come out since then that could even touch it (that I know of, anyway). I fell in love at first listen and still in love with it. And the video!!!! One of her strongest videos and one of the most underrated.

Songs Like This definitely should have been a single. Kind of a bonehead move not to release it. Really the whole Play On era is tragic to me because they could have released like 9 good singles from that album and they didn't...

countrymusicfan15

Just A Dream is probably the most underrated. There's absolutely no song like it, and no song has come out since then that could even touch it (that I know of, anyway). I fell in love at first listen and still in love with it. And the video!!!! One of her strongest videos and one of the most underrated.

Songs Like This definitely should have been a single. Kind of a bonehead move not to release it. Really the whole Play On era is tragic to me because they could have released like 9 good singles from that album and they didn't...

I agree!! I think it should have been:

Cowboy Casanova
This Time
Someday When I Stop Loving You
Songs Like This
What Can I Say

carriefan14

I agree!! I think it should have been:

Cowboy Casanova
This Time
Someday When I Stop Loving You
Songs Like This
What Can I Say

Just the fact that Little Toy Guns got to go to country radio and SWISLY didn't....where is the rational thinking in that?? Like SWISLY is the PERFECT country song. It sums up everything that is what country music is about. Excuse me, I need to go cry.

countrymusicfan15

Just the fact that Little Toy Guns got to go to country radio and SWISLY didn't....where is the rational thinking in that?? Like SWISLY is the PERFECT country song. It sums up everything that is what country music is about. Excuse me, I need to go cry.

hahaha right! It's like an instant classic! I pray they will spend an era releasing all the 'songs that should've been singles.'

Louisa

I agree SWISLY and GOOTT are two of Carrie's most underrated songs. They were perfect single material and seriously overlooked. I also think GIG would have been made a great single. There's so many awesome songs by Carrie that deserved more attention.

txacar

I agree SWISLY and GOOTT are two of Carrie's most underrated songs. They were perfect single material and seriously overlooked. I also think GIG would have been made a great single. There's so many awesome songs by Carrie that deserved more attention.

Absolutely love GIG and agree it would have made a great single. Such a refreshing twist on an age-old breakup story. Also agree SWISLY and GOOTT very underrated. Still surprised SWISLY isn't talked about more.

lizcarlo

There are many great songs by Carrie.
Some Hearts:
Don't Forget To Remember Me: This song is so true the way it describes the felling of the parents fell about their daughter leaving and what its like living independently for the first time.

Carnival Ride:
Just A Dream: its such heart wrenching song. The way she sings it is so gut wrenching and stunning. There are few songs like this one. I heard this song on radio. I had to know who sang that song, because her voice touched be on emotional level. Her singing was so beautiful. My dad is not fan of Carrie. He loves this song. This song was on this list to download.

Play On
Someday When I Stop Loving You and Look At Me: One of these should have been single. They are written well. I love the way she sings these songs. People need to hear this side of her singing.
What Can I Say: I like how they sound together. It's just great song to me. Carrie wrote it so beautifully.
Change: I know a lot of people think its preachy. I like the message that even the smallest gesture can effect someone life like giving loose change or having conversation with someone who is homeless.

Blown Away
Cupid Got A Shotgun: should have been single over Good Girl. Cupid using bullets to describe the severity of her heartbreak like and using hunting references in unique non cliche way of describing heartbreak would have stood out more.
Good in Goodbye: I like how Carrie wrote mature song about past love and realizing your life is better off without being bitter.
Do You Think About Me: its cute lighthearted song that would have been great single. This should have replaced See You Again as single.
Wine After Whisky should have replaced See You Again. Carrie sings it so beautifully. Again people need to hear her toned down singing. This line is poetic: "Cuz fire turns to ambers, ambers to ashes that blow away too soon". The whole song is simply incredible. It would have been perfect song to end with Blown Away.
Leave Love Alone: really like how its traditional song about never giving up even if its complex love.
Forever Changed: love the way she sings so soft. It's such touching life cycle song.
Thank God For Hometowns: the conversation between Carrie and her mom is realistic. The line "And all the faces that won't forget you" is very true. You can be gone for long time and they will remember you. From what I have seen anyway.

I know I put a lot from Blown Away. It's my favorite Carrie cd.

CarrieAddicted

Look At Me
What Can I say?
Good In Goodbye
Who Are You

I LOVE these songs so very much, I can't even.
It's safe to say I listen to them almost everyday going to work.

In my opinion, her most underrated songs are:
Some Hearts = this song is pure pop but its message is sweet and uplifting, and the piano!
Starts with Goodbye = another pop one but it is so beautiful. The lyrics are extremely relatable, we've all been there.
I Just Can't Live a Lie = another beautiful lyric.
Just a Dream = I refused to listen to this for years because it made me cry lol. The story is pure country and it's heartbreaking. Carrie's voice when she says, "This is just a dream..." it's like she's in denial and is praying it's not real. Absolutely devastating.
You Won't Find This = I joined the Carrie fandom expecting this song to be the shiz and was sorely disappointed. The best song off Carniva Ride imho.
Twisted = this song has super sweet lyrics and I'm a sucker for songs like this (no pun intended but LOL). It's a fluffy, breezy, summery song. It needs more love.
Undo It = I JAMMED to this all through 2010 before I even became a hardcore CareBear. Haters gonna hate I guess...
Look at Me = gorgeous and it makes me sad so many dislike it. A severely overlooked song.
Good Girl = this song just rocks. It's my favorite Carrie song ever, the one that really made me a fan. It's much too often dismissed as just another boy basher but I think it is so special.
One Way Ticket = I was absolutely convinced this was single #4 from Blown Away and cried when they didn't release it. Lol. So SO much wasted potential to be 2013's song of the summer.
Leave Love Alone = I love the stripped down bluegrassy style of this song and wanted it after One Way Ticket as single #5. I always imagined a cool, silly video with fun choreography.

That's all lol.

vs758

Starts with Goodbye and I Just Can't Live A Lie....and how can any of her singles that reached #1 be considered underrated