Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Reflection) Vegas residency

FanSince04

I’m not sure how I feel about a Vegas Residency. I view it almost like I view somebody going on with Dancing With The Stars or being a coach on American Idol/The Voice... trying to stay relevant.

DaisyTweets

Kelly Clarkson was supposed to have a Las Vegas residency in April 2020. It was postponed or canceled because of the pandemic.

MSCarriefan

Katy Perry has also been rumored for a residency and I think it's rumored to be at the same location.

maddkat

Staff member
seriously a wild rumor( possible april fools joke) needs a thread?

Last edited:

adam1995

https://bestoflasvegas.com/article/katy-perrys-strip-residency-inches-closer-to-reality.html

Link to a Vegas site about Katy Perry residency in this venue. Mentions Carrie being a likely resident as well. It's from a week ago, so probably not an April Fool's joke, but still a rumor. The article mentions rotating headliners, so I doubt a long residency would be the deal. Plus, in a year with no touring this seems like a good holdover until big tours resume. Shouldn't matter where Carrie is in her career if she literally can't tour the country.

carriethequeen

A Vegas residency is a no brainer to me for Carrie! Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and many others have made Vegas cool again for A-listers. And the commitment can be however much or little the artist wants. This isn't an April Fools prank because it has been reported in the Las Vegas Review-Journal (a reputable newspaper) dating back to late 2019 that the president of this new resort/venue has been wanting Carrie for a residency. All the rumors for Katy Perry's residency at this venue ended up being true which makes me believe this one more. Also, the other day a Las Vegas realtor posted on Instagram a Carrie residency was coming then deleted her post when someone pointed out it hasn't been announced yet. So yes, this is all technically a rumor because noting has been announced, but it's not something just thrown out by a random Twitter account.

I'm a big fan of Vegas residency's and I'm hoping this is true because the residency exposes the artist to a new group of people and the setlist is not focused on one album - there is room for deep cuts and old singles! I don't see this as replacing a major tour for her next country album.

adam1995

A Vegas residency is a no brainer to me for Carrie! Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, and many others have made Vegas cool again for A-listers. And the commitment can be however much or little the artist wants. This isn't an April Fools prank because it has been reported in the Las Vegas Review-Journal (a reputable newspaper) dating back to late 2019 that the president of this new resort/venue has been wanting Carrie for a residency. All the rumors for Katy Perry's residency at this venue ended up being true which makes me believe this one more. Also, the other day a Las Vegas realtor posted on Instagram a Carrie residency was coming then deleted her post when someone pointed out it hasn't been announced yet. So yes, this is all technically a rumor because noting has been announced, but it's not something just thrown out by a random Twitter account.

I'm a big fan of Vegas residency's and I'm hoping this is true because the residency exposes the artist to a new group of people and the setlist is not focused on one album - there is room for deep cuts and old singles! I don't see this as replacing a major tour for her next country album.

This is what I agree with. If it's supposed to be this year or next, it wouldn't effect the next album likely, because she can't even do major tours this year, and we also don't have an album to support a tour or any idea of one coming, lol. Would be a great holdover I think. Collect that cash Carrie.

FanSince04

I still don’t think a residency is a good idea... if the rumor is true. Hey, if it is, then she knows what she is doing. I just hope they have popcorn 😉

oldyfan

I don’t know if the rumor is true or not, but Vegas is a draw for people from all over the world. The last show I saw in Vegas was Elton John’s final show. It was amazing. There are a lot of advantages for an artist who loves making a show an experience. A short term residency a couple times a year might be perfect for a touring artist. I will go see Carrie whenever Or where ever I can, Vegas or Oakland.

jaymiee

I think a residency would be perfect for Carrie (in a few years)! From what ive heard Celine Dion and Katy Perry have the first half of 2022 covered so maybe Carrie would be end of 2022/2023?

Ideally we would get CU7 (or CU9? idk) and a regular tour in 2022 then do her residency beginning of 2023? I think that would be perfect for her to be in one spot for a little while so shes not constantly traveling with her kids

sco

So Carrie is teasing an announcement on April 21. People on Twitter seem to think it's a Vegas residency announcement.

oldyfan

I’m sure someone knows...but they are keeping a lid on what it is. With Amazon Music posting to Carrie’s twitter account,and Celine and others posting about the announcement tomorrow, we won’t have long to wait.

carrieforV

Carrie is getting a limited one December 1st to the 6th 2021. People magazine said wonder how she will make money with so little showw

heymc

CARRIEUNDERWOOD_SOCIAL_1080x1080_PRE-1024x1024.jpg

It’s happening! I’m headed to Las Vegas to kick off my first residency, #REFLECTION at The Theatre at Resorts World Las Vegas on December 1! Fan Club pre-sale begins this Monday at 10am PT. Tickets on sale May 24! carrieunderwoodofficial.com/reflection_announcement

Last edited: