Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vince Gill To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Pi314CA

Couldn't find a thread on Vince Gill, so I started this one.

Excerpts from article:

Gill's the only country musician to make the cut for 2012 so far, and he's in the company of Boyz II Men, Jennifer Lopez, Ann and Nancy Wilson from Heart, America, and (the late) Barry White, among others, in the "recording" category. The date for his ceremony and the location of the star haven't been determined yet.

Gill, who has sold more than 26 million albums and won 20 Grammy awards over the span of his career, will now join his wife and fellow musician Amy Grant in the honor of having a star on the famous sidewalk. Grant received her star back in 2006.

It's shaping up to be a very busy period for Gill overall--fans are no doubt excited by the news of his upcoming album, Guitar Slinger, which is set for release later this year. This marks his first album in five years. Lead single "Threaten Me With Heaven"--which features co-writing credits from wife Grant--will be hitting the radio this summer.

Congrats, Vince. You definitely deserve this "star in your crown."

Link: Vince Gill To Receive Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - Our Country

teesharky

Very well deserved. Dang it though I was hoping Carrie would be next. lol

I guess she may have to wait a few years though if even J-Lo is just now getting her star.

Pi314CA

Nice interview with Vince where he compliments Carrie (a very small mention).

Talking to Vince Gill, I feel like I've known him my entire life. My interview time with him is like sitting down with him on his porch.

He speaks calmly, with ease and peppers his responses with "oh hell" as if he's just taken a sip of a cold beer and a little bit splashed on his flannel shirt.

Gill, now 54, is an elder statesman of country music, who prefers the sounds of Ray Price, Buck Owens, Merle Haggard and Conway Twitty to the new stuff blaring through the speakers these days.

Legend comes to town | The Advertiser | theadvertiser.com

judes

If I make a record that sells ten copies or ten million copies , it makes no difference, at no point did the notes change - thanks Gill - I love the voice of the experienced

jaylee50

Ditto to everyone else...well deserved. I love the sound of Vince's voice....so angelic. I especially like his song "It's what you give away".

Carrieflattsfan

Awesome! Vince is so talented & such a genuine, kind person. Well-deserved. I'm so happy for him.
Hopefully Carrie will get to attend. :)

Farawayhills

As the rules say, only one thread per artist per era, is it all right if we retitle this:
Vince Gill : "Guitar Slinger" era?

Vince's new album will be out later this year - and the word on the songs is that they're awesome!
Wife Amy Grant and daughters Jenny (a very promising artist), Sarah, and nine year old Corrina will appear on it with him.

I'm really, really pleased that he's co-written with Ashley Monroe - an outstanding song called "If I Die", which he's already performed at the Ryman, the Station Inn and 3rd & Lindsley. (Whether this song will appeal to the Mainstream, you'll have to decide - but I can tell you, it's going to be one of the Roots songs of the year!). Here he is at the Ryman, watched by Marty Stuart.

Here's my take on the lyrics (which may not be fully accurate)

"If I die a drinkin'
I won't feel much pain
Lord, we've all got demons
To drive us all insane
I'll die just like my daddy
A bottle in my hand
So if I die a drinkin'
That's just who I am

If I die a cheatin'
In the arms of another's girl
In a fit of rage and jealousy
He takes me from this world
I can't say I'd blame him
I'd prob'ly do the same
So if I die a cheatin'
I'll bear the shame

If I die a singin'
Of some old lonesome song
We've all done the heartache
When someone's done you wrong
The last song I'll be playing
Is 'When the saints go marching in'
So if I die a singin'
My song will never end

If I die a prayin'
To Jesus on my knees
Everyone I've ever loved
Will be waiting there for me
The dirt can have my body,
The Lord - He owns my soul
So if I die a prayin'
I ain't afraid to go"

If you like Vince and Ashley - please give it a boost when the album appears

(On another note - Great American Country say Carrie's "How Great Thou Art" , backed by Vince has had over six million views on You Tube) :)