Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice Contestant Christina Grimmie Shot & Killed at Concert in Florida

Smokyiiis

I really liked her voice when she was ON the VOICE. Sometimes I truly wonder what this world is coming to.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/voice-alum-christina-grimmie-dies-concert-shooting-064642543.html?ref=gs
Christina Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice season six, was fatally shot at a concert Friday night.
Orlando Police responded to a call at the Plaza Live venue at about 10:20 p.m. ET on Friday, where they found Grimmie injured, the Orlando police department said in a statement.
Grimmie performed with the band Before You Exit at the venue and she stayed after the event to sign autographs for fans, when police say a man approached the singer and shot her. He was tackled by Grimmie's brother, and during that struggle, the suspect fatally shot himself, according to police.
Grimmie was transported to a local hospital with critical injuries. Grimmie's rep, confirmed her death late Friday night:
"It is with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Christina has passed and went home to be with the Lord. She was shot at her show in Orlando and, unfortunately, didn't survive the gun shot wounds. We ask at this time that you respect the privacy of her family and friends in their time of mourning."
The performer competed on the sixth season of The Voice on Team Adam, and before that began posting videos of her songs on YouTube as a teenager.
The band Before You Exit, as well as fellow performers, TV stars and reality contestants, took to Twitter after the incident with the hashtag #prayforChristina.
#PrayForChristina
- Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) June 11, 2016
I am in tears and absolutely shocked. We spent an amazing month on tour with her & she radiates nothing but love. So sad. #PrayForChristina
- Rachel Platten (@RachelPlatten) June 11, 2016
Prayers going up for @TheRealGrimmie right now. So heartbroken to hear this news. #PrayForChristina
- Jordan Smith (@JordanSmithLive) June 11, 2016
I am shocked hearing this terrible news. One of the sweetest people I have ever met. Doesn't deserve this. #PrayForChristina
- Harry Shum Jr (@HarryShumJr) June 11, 2016
I am beyond shocked & saddened by what has happened to @TheRealGrimmie.This sweet girl should never have 2 go through this.#PRAYFORCHRISTINA
- Victoria Justice (@VictoriaJustice) June 11, 2016
My heart is with @TheRealGrimmie tonight. I'm speechless. #PrayForChristina
- Alisan Porter (@alisanporter) June 11, 2016
Please be safe , we love you @TheRealGrimmie #PrayForChristina
- BEFORE YOU EXIT ⇞ (@famousBYE) June 11, 2016
12:05 a.m. PT: Updated with confirmation of Grimmie's death.

jaylee50

This is so shocking and sad. Who knows how many more would have been shot or died had the gunman not been tackled.
So sad.

Kizmet311

I am so saddened by this. I stopped watching the Voice a while ago, but I did watch the season Christina was on and she was by far my favorite. She was so talented. This is such a tragedy. The world can be a scary place, with some people being so cold and heartless and some just being completely insane.

AIgrl06

This is so sad. I saw her in concert earlier this year and she seemed like such a sweet person. She was really talented.

rainbow1

I saw Raye Linn (sp) post that she will be afraid of m&g's now. I'm sure this will affect many performers...especially those without big time security. Carrie's might even get tighter. We'll see if it effects her walking out to fences of people and things like that. God love that beautiful young girl, she and her family are in my prayers.

bluetb4

This is just terribly sad. She was so young and talented with her whole life ahead of her. RIP Christina.

Smokyiiis

She was VERY CLOSE to her mother, much like Carrie. Her mother has survived breast cancer THREE times! And to lose her daughter. Just horrendous.

I remember watching her on The Voice, and she was my favorite. I kept rooting for her to win all season. I don't see how someone could do something like this for no reason. It is so sad and I hope her family is handling as well as they can.

Kizmet311

I saw Raye Linn (sp) post that she will be afraid of m&g's now. I'm sure this will affect many performers...especially those without big time security. Carrie's might even get tighter. We'll see if it effects her walking out to fences of people and things like that. God love that beautiful young girl, she and her family are in my prayers.

It's sad and unfortunate, but it may affect how some artists handle such things. This was likely a small venue with little to no security checks and it is doubtful that Christina had her own security detail. I think for the most part, we wouldn't have to worry about Carrie in most venues, but who knows whether or not it will affect her doing things like she did in the last few days with meeting people outside at CMA Fest. I struggle with this kind of thing all the time - do we choose to live in fear or do we choose to live our lives the way we would have anyway and pray that God keeps us safe.