Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales - "Blown Away": Week 29

clh_hilary

ONE-DAYS: A SENSE OF DIRECTION
blank.gif
n_rrule.gif
Syco/Columbia's Young Guns On Track for Golden Bow; We Also Forecast The Weeknd, Twilight, Xtina, More

November 14, 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like the holidays, and not just because we're already plowed on eggnog.Syco/Columbia's One Direction is expected to sell a teenage riot of 525-575k on their way to #1 this week, and while nothing else in the current crop of debuts will put up numbers like that, they're all likely to end up under the tree, in the stocking or appended to a mesh bag ofChanukah gelt.
The Weeknd from XO/Republic is on track to move 95-105k; the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 ST from Chop Shop/Atlantic should bite off 85-90k; and the latest fromRCA diva and The Voice star Christina Aguilera is set to rack up 75-80k.
Returning rockers Soundgarden will scare up 70-75k with their Seven Four/Republic comeback disc, whileInterscope's Lana Del Rey is set for 65-70k with her EP.Dos, the second album in Green Day's trilogy (Warner Bros.), will break off 65-70k.
What else? Reprise's Deftones will crank up 60-65k; Syco/Columbia vocalist Susan Boyle is expected to do 35-40k; a set from the late Whitney Houston (RCA) should move similar numbers; The Rolling Stones' greatest-hits-plus set GRRR! (UMe) will likely roll out 27-30k; Aaron Lewis (Blaster/Warner Bros. Nashville) is looking like 18-21k; and Madison Gate's Pentatonix will clear 10-15k.
Speaking of things going in stockings, 26 CIA operatives will spend the next two weeks reading steamy e-mails from craggy, middle-aged generals. They will spend the subsequent two weeks curled up in a fetal position, whimpering softly.

HITS Daily Double: News

#1 - One Direction - "Take Me Home": 525-575k copies
#2 (?) - Taylor Swift - "Red"
#3 - The Weeknd: 95-105k copies

"Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2": 85-90k copies
Christina Aguilera - "Lotus": 75-80k copies (I'm right!)
Soundgarden - 70-75k copies
Lana Del Rey - "Paradise (EP)": 65-70k copies (NOT counting "Born To Die", "Born To Die (Deluxe)", "Born To Die: Paradise Edition"
Green Day - "Dos": 65-70k copies
Deftones: 60-65k copies
Susan Boyle - "Standing Ovation": 35-40k copies
Whitney Houston (Compilation): 35-40k copies
Rolling Stones - "GRRR!": 27-30k copies
Aaron Lewis: 18-21k copies
Madison Gate - "Pentatonix": 10-15k copies

teesharky

Wow Aerosmith shouldn't feel too bad then when they see these numbers. Shocked at how low Green Day and Xtina are!

clh_hilary

It's Green Day's second album of the series, with less hype, no hits in sight, and no promotion, I don't see why anyone should expect more.

Christina Aguilera hasn't had a real hit in 8 years either and she's been declining since "Beautiful" in 2003 so I don't see why anyone should expect more either.

Lana Del Rey is the one to watch. The 75k copies is only for the EP. She's definitely selling in 6 digits this week.

clh_hilary

[h=1]One Direction Looking to Take Home No. 1 with Half-Million Debut[/h]One Direction's "Take Me Home" is headed for No. 1 on next week's Billboard 200 chart with a likely monster sales figure.

Industry sources are forecasting the SYCO/Columbia set could sell over 500,000 copies in the U.S. by week's end on Sunday, Nov. 18. At the present, the best-case scenario sees the album shifting upwards of 575,000.

The "Take Me Home" start could be the third-largest sales week of 2012, after Taylor Swift's 1.2 million bow with "Red" and Mumford & Sons' 600,000-unit launch with "Babel."

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 21.

"Take Me Home" is the U.K. vocal group's second album, and follows its "Up All Night" debut, which started atop the Billboard 200 dated March 31 with 176,000 sold (according to Nielsen SoundScan). That set marked the first time a U.K. group's debut album bowed at No. 1 in the history of the chart.

"Up All Night" is currently the third-biggest selling album of 2012 in the U.S., with 1.35 million sold. One Direction has a chance of finishing the year with two of the year's top 10 best-sellers, if "Take Me Home" performs solidly through Christmas.

Other albums that were released this week (Tuesday, Nov. 13) that look to impact the top of the Billboard 200 next week include: Green Day's "¡Dos!," Christina Aguilera's "Lotus," the "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack, the Weeknd's "Trilogy" and Lana Del Rey's "Paradise."

Latest Music News, Band, Artist, Musician & Music Video News | Billboard

clh_hilary

* One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 535-560k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 140-150k
* The Weeknd (XO/Republic) 90-95k
* Soundgarden (Seven Four/Republic) 80-85k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 80-85k
* Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 80-85k
* Christina Aguilera (RCA) 75-80k
* Lana Del Rey Paradise EP (Interscope) 70-75k
Now 44 (Capitol) 65-70k
* Deftones (Reprise) 60-65k
* Green Day (Reprise) 60-65k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 35-40k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 35-40k
* Susan Boyle (Syco/Columbia) 35-40k
* Whitney Houston (RCA) 35-40k

pklongbeach

Does anyone know how to get Billboard off my email notices?
I keep asking them to stop sending me info (I have made it clear everytime, that it is because of their constant talk about TS), but it is not getting me anywhere I still keep getting constant updates and stories from them about her.
What am I missing.
How do I get off their list?

rainbow1

I keep asking them to stop sending me info (I have made it clear everytime, that it is because of their constant talk about TS), but it is not getting me anywhere I still keep getting constant updates and stories from them about her.
What am I missing.

Same with me....let us know, if you find out!!

Gator

What am I missing.

Typically, sites of an "unsubscribe" option at the bottom of the email. Or, you can try to reply to the email and type "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the Subject line. Those are two options that are normally used. Good luck!

pklongbeach

YEah, that is what I am doing.
There is no "unsubscribe" (not surprising), but I keep clicking on the "email" and sending them notices.
Probably 10 times already. No joke.
But still to no avail.

robinannhunt

Once a company gets your email it keeps it sometimes even if you try to unsubscribe. I have a separate email for junk. maybe you can try a new email account and change your profile (if there is one).

teesharky

Thank God for One Direction. Hope they sell buckets all Christmas season and keep SWSRN off number 1.

Sadly, she is now rumored to be dating a One Direction 18 yr old boy. Unreal. She moves fast. lol

teesharky

EW is nice to Carrie usually. It is Rollingstone mag that hates and trashes Carrie -- or ignores her.

clh_hilary

As earlier reported, One Direction is a near lock for a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 albums chart next week. Industry forecasters say the group's second album, "Take Me Home" (SYCO/Columbia), should start with between 525,000 to 575,000 sold by week's end on Sunday, Nov. 19. No other album will come close to selling that many copies this week, so One Direction's path to No. 1 is clear.

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 21.

Elsewhere on next week's chart, watch for the Weeknd's debut album, "Trilogy," to launch with 90,000 or so while the "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack may bow with 80,000. Both sets should easily start in the top 10. Also headed for a big entry is Soundgarden's first studio release in 16 years, "King Animal." The album is looking to debut with around 80,000 as well.

Pop diva Christina Aguilera is poised for a top 10 return, as her new "Lotus" will likely bloom with around 75,000. It's her first studio album since 2010's "Bionic" arrived in the No. 3 slot with 111,000 sold (according to Nielsen SoundScan).

One of 2012's biggest new stars, Lana Del Rey, could also start in the top 10 with her latest effort, "Paradise." Sources indicate it's also on track to sell around 75,000. "Paradise" is available as a stand-alone album and also as part of a deluxe reissue of her first full-length set, "Born to Die." The latter album debuted and peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 earlier this year, moving 77,000 in its first week.

On Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart (below), One Direction is No. 1 while the Weeknd is No. 2. The Building tally is a precursor to the final Billboard 200 ranking -- reflecting the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week as reported by six major merchants.

As for the rest of the Building chart's top 10: Taylor Swift's "Red" is found at No. 3, Lana Del Rey's "Paradise" is sitting pretty at No. 4 and Christina Aguilera's "Lotus" is in the five spot. At No. 6 is the new "Twilight" soundtrack, No. 7 is Soundgarden's "King Animal" and No. 8 is Deftones' new "Koi No Yokan." Rounding out the top 10 are Green Day's new "Dos!" at No. 9 and Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas, Baby."

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart
RankLW
BB 200
ArtistTitle
1NEWOne Direction"Take Me Home"
2NEWThe Weeknd"Trilogy"
31Taylor Swift"Red"
4NEWLana Del Rey"Paradise"
5NEWChristina Aguilera"Lotus"
6NEWSoundtrack"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
7NEWSoundgarden"King Animal"
8NEWDeftones"Koi No Yokan"
9NEWGreen Day"Dos"
103Rod Stewart"Merry Christmas, Baby"
The Building Chart reflects the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week (which ends Sunday) as reported by six major merchants: iTunes, Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Starbucks, Target and Anderson Merchandisers. Billboard estimates that they make up about 85% of all U.S. album sales.
One Direction, the Weeknd & 'Twilight' Albums Aiming High on Billboard 200 | Billboard