Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 74, Blown Away Era

Eder Rodrigues

USA
See You Again: ~10,000 (669,000)
Blown Away (album): 3,000 (1,541,000)

CANADA
132 (-9) Blown Away (album) 388, -3% (121,096)
11 (-5) Blown Away Tour: Live 91, -16% (1,396)

Blown Away (album)
Billboard 200: 127 (-30) / Peak: 1 (2x) / Wks on: 74
Top Country Albums: 17 (-1) / Peak: 1 (7x) / Wks on: 74

See You Again
Hot Country Songs Recurrents: 2 (=) / Peak: 2 / Wks on: 2
Country Recurrent Airplay: 12 (-2) / Peak: 3 / Wks on: 4
Country Digital: 37 (-5) / Peak: 11 / Wks on: 23
Country Streaming: 21 (-5) / Peak: 6 / Wks on: 17

Blown Away
Country Streaming: 25 (RE) / Peak: 10 / Wks on: 15

The Blown Away Tour: Live
Top Music Videos: 7 (-4) / Peak: 1 (3x) / Wks on: 7

Last edited:

teesharky

So lame that we have no 5th single, no hope for a nice Christmas bump, nothing. Everything will just fade away and die. (sad) Hate the label sometimes. PS-- did Carrie get new RIAA certifications?

jimshoe

So lame that we have no 5th single, no hope for a nice Christmas bump, nothing. Everything will just fade away and die. (sad) Hate the label sometimes. PS-- did Carrie get new RIAA certifications?
She did.. Per Maddkat on the pulse forums...
new RIAA certifications
TBC - platinum
GG - double platinum
BA DVD - gold

Marie2011

She did.. Per Maddkat on the pulse forums...
new RIAA certifications
TBC - platinum
GG - double platinum
BA DVD - gold

This isn't a reliable source since anybody can edit but according to Wikipedia

Video Longform certification
Along with albums, digital albums, and singles there is another classification of music release called "Video Longform." This release format includes DVD and VHS releases, and certain live albums and compilation albums. The certification criteria is slightly different from other styles
Gold: 50,000
Platinum: 100,000
Multi-Platinum: 200,000 copies

Eder Rodrigues

UNDERWOOD, CARRIETHE BLOWN AWAY TOUR: LIVEAUGUST 13, 2013SEPTEMBER 26, 201319 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLESTANDARDGOLDVIDEO LONGFORMSOLO

UNDERWOOD, CARRIEGOOD GIRLFEBRUARY 24, 2012SEPTEMBER 30, 201319 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLEDIGITAL2.00X MULTI PLATINUMSINGLESOLO
UNDERWOOD, CARRIETWO BLACK CADILLACSMAY 01, 2012SEPTEMBER 30, 201319 RECORDINGS LIMITED/ARISTA NASHVILLEDIGITALPLATINUMSINGLESOLO

Music Video LongformGold

Quantity:

50,000 units
Platinum

Quantity:

100,000 units
Multi-Platinum

Quantity:

200,000 units

clh_hilary

I hope she at least get nominated for a Grammy for this one. One Direction will probably be snubbed, ADELE's the ineligible as 'Set Fire To The Rain (Live)' won the Grammy earlier this year, and she only got Madonna's MDNA Tour as her competitor.

CarrieFan928

I hate that this great album is her only one that isn't multi-platinum (and probably won't reach it anytime soon)

gocountrymusic

Not to sound greedy are anything but is there a chance between streaming and sales that See You Again will go platinum down the road? I'm happy the DVD is doing well considering how much effort it took many of us to find it.

Eder Rodrigues

^ Right now, she would need like 33 million streams to be certified platinum. I don't think she has even 10 million.

pklongbeach

I think we have to accept that this point that Carrie did everything she could to get the sales she did.
And 1.5 million cd's when so many are just buying the singles is still amazing. We must not let that escape us.

But I think we are seeing a stage right now that Carrie may have to break out of if she really wants to sell lots of product again. (Again, keeping in mind that 1.5 mill. in country music is an Ubber Hit!!)

I believe her team and Sony still use an old model of marketting that is outdated and does not hit young people where they are at. I think she is still using the Garth Brooks / Kenny Chesney model of selling, and it is feeling outdated.

Just based of the strength of her name and appeal she could really break in some big ways if they decide to change her marketting for her next era. But for now, it is true that BA Era is done. They could have easily done a quick direct to radio single to keep it selling through the Fall (epic Fail). (I will never understand how you stop promoting 1 month after you release an artists 1st ever Tour-DVD!! I just don't understand them at all.

But in any event. YEs, we are done. And BA did amazing. And had some major highlight moments. But it is time to take a break and start to think outside the box. And imagine yourself recaptivating the World. You would have to change things up to do that. BA had everything that a major release from 20 years ago would have. And it worked well. But it also felt antiquated.

gocountrymusic

^ Right now, she would need like 33 million streams to be certified platinum. I don't think she has even 10 million.

Haha thank you. The whole streaming thing is new to me so I don't know how much it is waited in certifying a single. I do know that streaming isn't Carrie's strength.

Pitocco

^^If it sells 5000 per week (which even now is looking grim, since we're seeing it sell 4000 and 3000) it will take appx 92 more weeks to cross 2 million sold

Pitocco

Haha thank you. The whole streaming thing is new to me so I don't know how much it is waited in certifying a single. I do know that streaming isn't Carrie's strength.
If I'm not mistaken every 100 streams (i.e. youtube views) counts as 1 sale. Therefore, 10 million views would account for 100,000 sales. As it stands right now, the SYA video "counts" for about 67,000 singles sold

bluetb4

I think we have to accept that this point that Carrie did everything she could to get the sales she did.
And 1.5 million cd's when so many are just buying the singles is still amazing. We must not let that escape us.

But I think we are seeing a stage right now that Carrie may have to break out of if she really wants to sell lots of product again. (Again, keeping in mind that 1.5 mill. in country music is an Ubber Hit!!)

I believe her team and Sony still use an old model of marketting that is outdated and does not hit young people where they are at. I think she is still using the Garth Brooks / Kenny Chesney model of selling, and it is feeling outdated.

Just based of the strength of her name and appeal she could really break in some big ways if they decide to change her marketting for her next era. But for now, it is true that BA Era is done. They could have easily done a quick direct to radio single to keep it selling through the Fall (epic Fail). (I will never understand how you stop promoting 1 month after you release an artists 1st ever Tour-DVD!! I just don't understand them at all.

But in any event. YEs, we are done. And BA did amazing. And had some major highlight moments. But it is time to take a break and start to think outside the box. And imagine yourself recaptivating the World. You would have to change things up to do that. BA had everything that a major release from 20 years ago would have. And it worked well. But it also felt antiquated.

Is there a chance her team could bundle her BA/cd with the BA/dvd for Christmas sales??

pklongbeach

Is there a chance her team could bundle her BA/cd with the BA/dvd for Christmas sales??
I don't think so. In the standard country music selling model, a single at radio is what promotes and supports CD sales.

To go to the trouble to package the two together and try to get people to notice it would take marketing and promo. The fact that they are not even willing to spend enough to release a direct to radio single, tells me they would not go to all the expense or "repackaging" the BA cd or DVD.

ITs a great idea and could have worked as a "tail-end" promo for her, but based on the fact that her statement sounded like the era was ended. I'm gonna say No.

clh_hilary

If I'm not mistaken every 100 streams (i.e. youtube views) counts as 1 sale. Therefore, 10 million views would account for 100,000 sales. As it stands right now, the SYA video "counts" for about 67,000 singles sold

100 streams (ie YouTube views and on-demand streams eg Spotify) counts as 1 copy of shipment.

But only streams in the United States are counted.

'See You Again' has 6,670,777 views on YouTube, IF 70% of them came from the US, that'd account for 46695 copies of shipments. On Spotify, she has 4,163,982 streams. IF 80% of them came from the States, that'd be 33311 copies of shipments. Combined that'd be 80006 copies of extra shipments added to its actual American digital sales, with other smaller streaming services not taken into account yet.

With this, you can assume that she will at least need to sell 850,000 to 900,000 copies of actual digital tracks (that are not redeemed by the iTunes Complete My Album function) to be certified platinum. And, she could have more streams coming from out of USA.

clh_hilary

I don't think so. In the standard country music selling model, a single at radio is what promotes and supports CD sales.

To go to the trouble to package the two together and try to get people to notice it would take marketing and promo. The fact that they are not even willing to spend enough to release a direct to radio single, tells me they would not go to all the expense or "repackaging" the BA cd or DVD.

ITs a great idea and could have worked as a "tail-end" promo for her, but based on the fact that her statement sounded like the era was ended. I'm gonna say No.

They only need tapes.